Super Mario Party

Is Wario's the same official art from before, or has this one been touched up? I feel like this is similar to the Wario amiibo's art, which is itself touched up from an existing Wario pose. At least Waluigi has a new render, as the last time he had one was back in Mario Party: Star Rush (at least, that's what I think). I thought Daisy's most recent new render in Smash Ultimate?

It's somehow funny when I see that certain characters' official art are recycled, since I recognise Diddy Kong, Monty Mole and Goomba, among others.

Thank you for reading.

Didn't Mario Party 7 had a microphone gimmick that just fucked off you didn't have it enabled? That I never experienced because I didn't have that accessory so I just played with a normal controller? Well anyways yay my main way of playing Switch is out the window. Hopefully there's an update that lets you play the minigames traditionally at least, I mostly play handheld and use the dock as a charging station because of how little setting up it requires.

the microphone is in no way comparable to this. The minigames where you used it where completely optional and a side feature, plus the way they worked was good enough for them to make the option for the controller.

Now explain to me how would they make rhythm minigames work or motion minigames work without the motion gimmick?

they can't.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Didn't Mario Party 7 had a microphone gimmick that just fucked off you didn't have it enabled?
Answer:
799px-Mic_Space_Picture.png

Mario Party 6 didn't even have those spaces; all the Mic stuff was confined to one mode.

Even so, in both games, you can always just enable press R and bring up a menu for a list of commands. Shown here.

800px-WheelofWoe_MP7.png

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Didn't Mario Party 7 had a microphone gimmick that just *bleep*ed off you didn't have it enabled? That I never experienced because I didn't have that accessory so I just played with a normal controller? Well anyways yay my main way of playing Switch is out the window. Hopefully there's an update that lets you play the minigames traditionally at least, I mostly play handheld and use the dock as a charging station because of how little setting up it requires.
I don't get this. Putting aside the fact that Mario Party is mostly multiplayer, how would you even play motion control minigames with the joy-cons attached? You can still play undocked, you just need to have the joycons detached, a.k.a tabletop mode.

In some of the minigames, especially a few of the Rhythm ones like the one where characters skew fruits and the one where characters hold up signs, it's amusing to see that characters with above-average height stand on benches. Daisy, for example, had to stand on a short bench. The only characters I have observed so far that didn't need a bench are Bowser, Rosalina and Waluigi, though I am not sure if Donkey Kong needed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbInHPkE-hg

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
In some of the minigames, especially a few of the Rhythm ones like the one where characters skew fruits and the one where characters hold up signs, it's amusing to see that characters with above-average height stand on benches. Daisy, for example, had to stand on a short bench. The only characters I have observed so far that didn't need a bench are Bowser, Rosalina and Waluigi, though I am not sure if Donkey Kong needed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbInHPkE-hg

Thank you for reading.
It's like how in Don't Look in Mario Party 9, Toad and Shy Guy have to stand on stools.

YFJ said:
It's like how in Don't Look in Mario Party 9, Toad and Shy Guy have to stand on stools.

Yes, and characters are are somewhat short like Kamek also stood on stools. Note that in Don't Look, more characters didn't use stools like Mario, Luigi and the princesses. In the two minigames that I listed? I think it's because Bowser and Rosalina are playable characters, so the others now rely on stools since those two are among the tallest Mario characters, so that the heights are leveled. With that, only Waluigi is tall enough to not need it, and possibly Donkey Kong.

Thank you for reading.

found this video, is in spanish so i could understand it obviously.

the most important parts to note:

last 5 turns return like in the original MP1 to 3 in which toad ''predicts'' who will win and gives them a bonus.

like previous games during the last 5 turns blue and red spaces double coins from 3 to 6

Kamek makes an appearence during the last 5 turns to do his magic, kinda like bowser did in the past.

-------

Another thing to note is that there seems to be more special dialogue between the hosts and characters, because when Bowser lands in the Kamek space and loses coins Kamek is actually shown to be afraid of him and call him ''master'' and even acts scared and all.

When Toadette changes her location a music plays , identical to previous games when a little music played when the star changed locations after being bought by a player.

i really think this game is gonna save the series tbh.

I remembered I bought a magazine many years ago with Mario Party 6 in the review scores and while the score is around 7 (I think), when I ended up playing Mario Party 6, I have to agree that this is a very solid entry of Mario Party for applying the Party formula in a fresh way.

Ghostly Yoshi said:
Famitsu Magazine published a review of this game, and gave it a 34 out of 40! For those of you who don't bother to do the math, that's a score of 8.5 out of 10.

If all the reviews are this good...looks like this isn't gonna be the next Star Rush!

Although Famitsu's reviews aren't known for conforming to the general reviewer's score, I would say this is pretty much an accurate summation on account that Famitsu's reviews lean towards casual. And since Mario Party is a casual series, it's a good look of things.

Thank you for reading.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Ghostly Yoshi said:
Famitsu Magazine published a review of this game, and gave it a 34 out of 40! For those of you who don't bother to do the math, that's a score of 8.5 out of 10.

If all the reviews are this good...looks like this isn't gonna be the next Star Rush!

Mario party star rush was ok though.

9 and 10 are the ones that people hate.

I liked 9 and 10, actually. The car gameplay was pretty fun compared to the snoozefest known as the "classic gameplay". The classic gameplay can be a lot of fun with friends, but unbearable when played alone. The car gameplay is also very fun to play with friends, but solo play is actually decent. I don't always have friends to play with (despite having five siblings), so I prefer 10 and even 9 to 8.

Star Rush was the only Mario Party I didn't really like. I got super-hyped for it, but in the end I got a shallow, mediocre party game that hardly had anything outside of Toad Scramble. The minigames weren't as great as those of the console installments, and there were only 50 minigames. Coinathlon is more of a minigame mode, Balloon Bash was kind of boring, Mario Shuffle was okay but short-lived, and Challenge Tower, Rhythm Recital, and Boo's Block Party were all basically minigames themselves. The only mode I had genuine fun with was Toad Scramble. Nowadays, when I play Mario Party on 3DS, I almost always choose Island Tour over Star Rush (and when I don't, I play Top 100 instead).

Star Rush was the most disappointing Mario Party game I've ever played (not my biggest disappointment ever, though). There was Top 100, but I actually had my expectations in check for that one.

I would rank the Mario Parties I've played like so...

1. Mario Party 10 (8/10)
2. Mario Party 9 (7.7/10)
3. Mario Party 8 (7.3/10)
4. Island Tour (7/10)
5. Star Rush (5.5/10)
6. Top 100 (5/10)

Ghostly Yoshi said:

1. Mario Party 10 (8/10)
4. Island Tour (7/10)
5. Star Rush (5.5/10)
6. Top 100 (5/10)
Mario Party 10 is your favorite? Mine too! I really enjoyed playing MP10 with my cousin, we had so much fun playing Bowser Party and even amiibo Party was fun. This game gets too much hate for the reason that it doesn't have the classic gameplay.

Also, the recent Mario Party games (9, Island Tour, 10, and maybe Star Rush as well) have way better minigames than the first 8 Mario Party games.

MarioFan632 said:
Ghostly Yoshi said:

1. Mario Party 10 (8/10)
4. Island Tour (7/10)
5. Star Rush (5.5/10)
6. Top 100 (5/10)
Mario Party 10 is your favorite? Mine too! I really enjoyed playing MP10 with my cousin, we had so much fun playing Bowser Party and even amiibo Party was fun. This game gets too much hate for the reason that it doesn't have the classic gameplay.

Also, the recent Mario Party games (9, Island Tour, 10, and maybe Star Rush as well) have way better minigames than the first 8 Mario Party games.
Yeah, 10 is my favorite. I used to give that title to 8, but that was just nostalgia, and when I replayed it it wasn't quite as entertaining as 9 or 10 (although I still like 8 ). I also really like Bowser Party; it may be unbalanced, but that was what made it fun. Team Mario was fun to play as because of the sheer challenge, while being the bad guy was enough of a reason to be Bowser. I honestly think Amiibo Party was just a less-good version of the classic gameplay, but it wasn't bad.

I'm glad to hear that people are saying Mario Party 11 is good. I think I'll pre-order it on the Eshop, or just buy it on launch day. It'll be a fun multiplayer game to play while awaiting the release of Smash Ultimate.

Czario said:
I'm glad to hear that people are saying Mario Party 11 is good. I think I'll pre-order it on the Eshop, or just buy it on launch day. It'll be a fun multiplayer game to play while awaiting the release of Smash Ultimate.
You get 600 gold coins for My Nintendo if you preorder it, btw.

These days, the original Mario Party is pretty shit, actually. It pretty much got the high score only because of its legacy, in which I do agree that it has and it deserves but I'd not want to play it at all today.

I do think Super Mario Party's 4 boards is a disappointment though.

That's very small and a pretty disappointing amount. The Metascore is about what I expect from this series, but you should expect the score to go down. I say the original Mario Party hasn't aged well at all, so this score is promising. My sister and I are planning on getting this game on Friday so Super Mario Odyssey doesn't look so lonely. Thank the FSM that it's all released on the same day.

Back