Waluigi vs Daisy: Who Should Be In Smash Switch???

Who Should Be The Next Super Mario Rep In Smash?

• Total voters
Plague Knight said:
I should probably stop before a certain someone starts defending Daisy. :P
I assume I'm not that certain someone. :P
Though all the shade people seem to throw at Daisy and the people who wanted her certainly seems like a slap to the face at times, what with the sheer quantity of it all.

Of course it's not you. I feel sorry for you since you are a fine upstanding supporter of a character whose fanbase has a bad reputation. In fact, the one upside I feel to Daisy being playable is that you, Alex95, and you-know-who will be happy (albeit not completely happy because of her clone status). BTW to be clear I didn't mean to disrespect Daisy or her supporters if it came across that way, I just don't think she should be a fighter in Smash.

Uh, I didn't mean to make you feel bad either, sorry...

People shouldn't really generalize about Daisy's fanbase, it's just that in my honest opinion, everyone wins when Daisy got in, even as a clone.

I appreciate that :)
And it's not you guys. You're pretty respectful. There are others though who make me feel like my opinions aren't valid.

For example, some time ago on another thread I made a self-deprecating joke about how Daisy and Waluigi equally had no chance of getting in Smash, in the hopes of getting some sort of camaraderie between the two fandoms through laughter. Instead, the first responder took the opportunity to completely shut me down and soapbox about Waluigi over Daisy. They might as well have just spat in my face. I just don't understand.

If the thread is the same as what I'm thinking, that was me, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I'm happy for you reasonable Daisy fans. It's just that the unreasonable ones have soured her image beyond hope for me. But I'm sorry that my response in that thread came off that way. I got on the defensive as soon as the thought of Waluigi having no chance came up, and I shouldn't have done that.

I should also say that I've had a bit of salt since that reveal but now that I've had time to take it all in, I'm not as upset anymore. Still sad about Waluigi though, but excited for the game anyway :)

J-Yoshi64 said:
Instead, the first responder took the opportunity to completely shut me down and soapbox about Waluigi over Daisy. They might as well have just spat in my face. I just don't understand.
I think the Daisy haters are almost as bad as the Daisy fanbase. Your experience supports that.

I've seen my share of people hating on the Daisy fanbase on this forum, generalizing all of it and rationalizing it because of a wiki article and a few loud insane people who are a bit too fanatical for our tastes. Not going to list any names.

I don't know if I was part of it, but if I was, I'll apologize to you, because nothing I said was ever directed at you, and you like which characters you like. It's a goddamn video game series. I still really really dislike some of the crazier ones I had to deal with in other forums, though, who attack me for being hypocritical because I just so happen to be a fan of the baby characters.

The last thing I want in this forum is for any people like you to feel uncomfortable for liking a video game character.

Nothing is wrong with liking a character. It's the ones who take it way too far that are the problem.

Fortunately I can really only name one Daisy fan who is obnoxious,one so obnoxious you can google his username and google actually recognizes it.

LOL f*** off Nintendo and f*** off Sakurai. Disrespecting one of the best characters ever like that while making literal Daisy playable. Awful f***ing people, I swear.

"You're so awful for putting someone I don't like in a digitized children's plaything"

Relax dude, it's a cheap clone for padding. Waluigi is too good for that.

I honestly can't wait for Sakurai to retire. Then we won't have someone in charge who is so full of bias and s***.

Why? Because he doesn't cater to your personal tastes?

Waluigi isn't even that good of a Mario character to begin with. His history is fairly subpar.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Waluigi isn't even that good of a Mario character to begin with. His history is fairly subpar.

Coming from someone who hates Yoshi, your opinion is invalid.

I'd like Waluigi in as playable because he'd be instantly one of those CPU players I keep picking.

Mario & Luigi & Toad vs. Waluigi & Donkey Kong & Wario would be really great.

Cheeze said:
You're not actually addressing the argument.

Cheeze said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:

I don't pretend Yoshi isn't important to the Mario series, at least.

Cheeze said:

This is not gamefaqs, if you are gonna act like that then get the fuck out.

How can you not like someone as wacky, whimsical, and funny as Waluigi? His personality is charming and his play style in games he's in is fun.

I don't hate him. I personally view him as a pathetic character who is fun to beat up.

But when people say Waluigi is a subpar choice for a Mario series character in Super Smash Bros, I understand completely what they're saying. I mean, Daisy is still just a clone of Peach for christ's sake. She isn't that much better off than Waluigi is.

Daisy is charming and her play style in games she's in is fun.

DaisyAwayEntranceMSC.png

Checkmate.

This thread is slowly degenerating into GameFAQs whining, I think I better head out.

Princess Mario said:
I think the Daisy haters are almost as bad as the Daisy fanbase. Your experience supports that.
Mcmadness said:
Nothing is wrong with liking a character. It's the ones who take it way too far that are the problem.
Case in point with this cheeze guy.

I'm really happy Daisy is in Smash and I'd rather have her than Waluigi; however, I still really REALLY wish Waluigi was in Smash. Heck I want Waluigi to get his own games instead of just being a spinoff character.

Back