Waluigi vs Daisy: Who Should Be In Smash Switch???

Who Should Be The Next Super Mario Rep In Smash?

• Total voters
Northern Verve said:
memoryman3 said:
Daisy overall is slightly shorter than Peach even in Smash.

Her moves have different properties. Sure her base stats like speed and weight are not changed or changed slightly, some of her moves act differently to Peach.

She also has a new Final Smash.

Hey Memory, not exactly responding to your post. But I thought I'd quote you to maybe get your attention.

I just want to say. Congratulations to your most wanted character get in Smash. I know we had some arguments in the past here on this forum. But I'm not about to cry foul on Daisy getting in Smash. In fact in some ways I can be happy that dedicated fans like you finally got their dream inclusion. I know how that feels what with Sonic having been in since Brawl (I may be silently vying for Tails, but he'd only be a cherry on top really. Sonic is all I really need)

I do hope that though that after you've had your week or even month(/s) of celebration. (I heard somewhere that you're still happy although she's a Peach echo. I thought you'd be really upset that she is what you always argued against. But if you're still happy regardless, then good on you) That you now can rest your behavior that you've put people through. I know you could campaign for the next Smash for Daisy to not just return but be decloned. But that's a long way off and for now you should take what you have with a Dark Pit/Lucina style clone of Peach. I know and have heard many terrible things you've done from spamming discord channels or reddit sites, bringing up Daisy in entirely irrelevant videos on Youtube, sockpuppeting, etc. Now that Daisy's in, I hope you can finally be done with all that behavior.

I recall you had a thread on GameFAQs (Though it was deleted) where you swore you were going off Social Media for a while to focus on studies and/or real life in general... obviously you kinda turned your back on that and even went on to bother the people at Source Gaming not too long ago over their Rate their Chances video for Daisy. But if any of that thread you made on GameFAQs was an attempt at sincerity. Not that Daisy is in Smash. You can actually follow through on that at least a little. Cause you have no need to campaign any more unless you have a 2nd character you really, really, want.

I also hope you don't rub salt in the wound of any Waluigi or Toad fans (Captain Toad still kinda has a chance, but I do gotta admit his chances are a decent amount lower now then they were prior to E3). At least the ones that didn't treat you like you sometimes did others. If they trolled you back in anyway even if you started it, you're probably free to give them shit about it. But for those who only constructively argued with you and/or just feel sad about their character at the moment. I hope you at least have some dignity and not rub it in their faces.

Once again, congrats on Daisy getting in Smash. But I hope you'll become a little more humble without any need to campaign for her anymore. If you can do that, I bet more people will grow to tolerate Daisy's inclusion even if they were initially upset.

i3W2SgM.gif

you really think he will stop?

this gives him more fuel to his narrative. Also he already made a whole tread in Gfaqs demanding people to ''Apologize to Queen Daisy''

Girl bye.

/and i dont even wanna be problematic, look it up , he made the tread.

I have never seen so much disappointment for a Smash character's position as Waluigi, in which he's still not playable and is still in an Assist Trophy, seeing that several websites have articles mentioning how this is one of the more disappointing moments in an otherwise positive trailer. It's nice to see that there's support for Waluigi and I am not alone here.

I am in agreement with the missed opportunity since he's essentially the character I wanted the most to be playable. Daisy is fine as is the revealed playable newbies so far, but for a largely recurring character like Waluigi he's in a better position compared to most of the Assist Trophies, since he's also a character that appears frequently in Mario, a popular series, who also happens to be playable in most of the games he is starring in and is an amusing character (to me, but I'm no doubt not alone on this).

It should be noted that, like with every issue, there are people who disagree, for there are some comments that savour the disappointment of this decision. There are many speculated reasons on why Waluigi wasn't included, and while they have some sound reasoning behind them, we don't really know it until the main developer outlined the reasons, and because he didn't seem to justify the exclusion, there is still hope.

(Deviating from this topic for a moment, while Bomberman's Assist Trophy inclusion is kind of disappointing, for a character that haven't been in Smash beforehand, this is the best position for him for now)

A minor reason on why I would like Waluigi playable is that when a character becomes playable, mockery of a character will be gone, so for example Ridley is now celebrated because of the simple explanation of being playable, since playable characters are treated like kings and queens in Nintendo's stable of characters, including the less popular ones like Ice Climbers. I am not broken up by this because I know that at the end of the day it's essentially a game (and I feel kinda old to feel that it matters), but when I looked at Smash fan art I can't help but feel it matters because Smash is just such a significant property that some people take it as the be-all and end-all of the only characters that matter (the playables). At least there's Mario Tennis Aces and Super Mario Party (games that I am comparatively more excited for), which are looking excellent so far.

Thank you for reading.

Personally, I'm very happy that Daisy's in Smash, even as a Peach clone (Fortunately I like Peach's moveset anyway), but I think some of the little touches like the flowers and stuff that come with her are nice inclusions which make her not a 100% clone. I didn't even think she had a chance myself, it was just something I was vaguely hoping for. Still, I'm a little disappointed that Waluigi's not in though. But you've at least got to look at it positively, as if Daisy got in this Smash, then this seems to improve Waluigi's chances as a spinoff-only character (And yes, I am fully aware that Daisy has appeared in the main series before someone picks me up on it, I'm just saying she's mainly spinoff) for the next one.

my want to get Captain Toad

screw that lame princess

Princess Mario said:
I just want Toad.

I like how Toad is acting more helpful, though. Taking part in Peach/Daisy's throws and actually looking like he's ready to protect them. Makes Peach and Daisy seem a bit more cowardly, though :P

I like how Daisy looks like she’s setting up a remote Toad bomb, when Peach looks scared at the bomb.

So you probably noticed over the past few days I've been salty about Daisy getting in over Waluigi. Well I realized that's exactly the attitude that I've trashed Daisy's fanbase for having, so I'd like to apologize to everyone who wanted Daisy in Smash for being condescending and salty about her and Waluigi. Congratulations on Daisy getting in Smash, I hope y'all enjoy playing as her :)

Sakurai is someone we should work with, not fight.

Propeller Knight said:
It's the fanboys of both characters.

I'd say so.

I don't remeber EVER thinking ill of neither back in the 2000's until probably 2012 when the internet started ruining both characters , mostly Daisy tho.

Huh, makes sense now.

Still, wpuldn't say they're enemies, although you kinda are right about the "ruining charcaters" part.

Just when I started actually liking Daisy, the obsessive fanboys got in the way I kinda just stopped there.

Yeah , i can't even like Daisy properly in Smash because some fans start the nonsense once again.

Then again, i will say it's a mistake to let my opinion be influenced because of some fans Daisy.

Though it's still unacceptable that Daisy is all were are getting new on the Mario side.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Though it's still unacceptable that Daisy is all were are getting new on the Mario side.
That hasn't been confirmed though, we can still get characters such as Toad.

Toad himself is out of the running as he's part of Peach's moveset still and even has an expanded role.

The Captain Toad dream is still alive, barely.

Captain Toad still has a shot for sure. Though admittedly I am less confident about him then I was prior to E3.

Still, next month has a window for him (The Switch port comes out, if there's any Smash 4-like reveals where a character is revealed in the same month as a new release it's very possible that's when he'd appear). Or he could even be a Bowser Jr.-esque surprise when the full roster is revealed later. It might be a disappointment if Mario literally only just got Daisy who is an echo fighter. Other then the captain though, there's still Paper Mario (We have three links now, maybe a 3rd Mario's also possible), as well as a dark horse in Geno*.

*Though I'm starting to think that Geno wouldn't really be a full Mario rep considering his hybrid 3rd party status. I actually wouldn't be surprised if say he got his own icon despite being part of a Mario game. If Geno got in, I don't necessarily think he will have been in competition with anybody. Because he's a unique case that was a cult following back in the Brawl speculation days that we now know even caught the attention/intrigue of Sakurai himself.

So if there's a unique Mario newcomer coming, it's either Captain Toad or Paper Mario IMO.

A Goomba literally has a bigger role than Toad in Mario Party now. What hope is there for the captain? The strong Toad has already been stolen and dunked on by Daisy. :daisy:

Back