Waluigi vs Daisy: Who Should Be In Smash Switch???

Who Should Be The Next Super Mario Rep In Smash?

• Total voters
These are all reaches. If she had sooooo much potential, surely the developers and their massive amount of creativity would be much more enthusiastic than using a Peach palette swap. You also wouldn't have everyone and their grandmothers being opposed to your ideas. Last time I checked, being a realist doesn't necessarily mean we're "less creative". People just don't like your ideas, but you keep pushing them and saying WE have a problem with it. But I repeat myself.

Princess Mario said:
These are all reaches. If she had sooooo much potential, surely the developers and their massive amount of creativity would be much more enthusiastic than using a Peach palette swap. You also wouldn't have everyone and their grandmothers being opposed to your ideas. Last time I checked, being a realist doesn't necessarily mean we're "less creative". People just don't like your ideas, but you keep pushing them and saying WE have a problem with it. But I repeat myself.

Maybe the new team at Namco did not have time to implement her, by deadlines. Many characters are cut that we don't know about. Also, everyone is opposed to my ideas because they probably just don't like the idea of Daisy potentially stealing all of Waluigi's thunder and sprinkling it in with her own unique flower seasoning.

This topic is such a dead horse.

MM3 mind is a complete trainwreck, i mean how do you say ''Waluigi doesn't have good animations'' when Daisy wasn't even animated AT ALL? for example.

Im sorry but it's pretty delusional to pretend Daisy has been treated any good by Nintendo in any area, and while Waluigi isn't that far from her , there's a considerable gap in treatment within them , with Waluigi having more instances of being not only treated better, but also better recived by the public.

It's just how it is. Waluigi may not be my cup of tea, but he has uniqueness and likeability to some degree that Daisy doesn't exhibit, with her carbon copy Peach design and traits and annoying and ear piercing voice.

Just a thought.

Why is it that women suffer from the "carbon copy" trait but men don't? Waluigi is a skinny Wario in terms of personality. Daisy is not very much like Peach in this regard.

you are reaching new peaks with your arguments.

Save the feminsm stuff for tumblr, it seems you have more than enough time to lurk on it.

List of ways Daisy is similar to Peach

Similar dress design (Rosalina's dress was also based off Peach's)
A crown and jewellery (Guess who also has this, Rosalina)
Errr....body proportions (Rosalina basically shares their proportions but magnified a bit)

As you can see, I struggled to make a list on why Daisy is a Peach clone, and I know a lot about Daisy! Now, the differences.

Does not hide behind Toads, in fact, she is not afraid to mock them sometimes.
Extremely loud and brash compared to Peach's dainty and kinder mannerisms.
Orange vs Pink: More significant that you think. Designed to represent how the princesses contrast.
Diva vs Punk.
Hearts vs Plants and Flowers.
Daisy is not floaty, she is faster and more powerful. Funnily enough, Rosalina and Peach are more similar in this regard.
Completely different face and facial makeup. Funnily enough, Rosalina and Peach are even more similar in this regard.
Even when Peach trys to be sassy, she does not go the full way with it. Daisy does.

And this is me scratching the surface of the large, delicious orange fruit cake! :daisy:

memoryman3 said:
List of ways Daisy is similar to Peach

Similar dress design (Rosalina's dress was also based off Peach's) Rosalina's final dress is nowhere similar to Peach's
A crown and jewellery (Guess who also has this, Rosalina) Rosalina's Crown and jewerly are more unique in color and shape.
Errr....body proportions (Rosalina basically shares their proportions but magnified a bit) Rosalina is curvier and bigger in general, Peach and Daisy have almost identical proportions with only Daisy being a tad shorter in higher poly games. In lower poly games such as MKDS Peach and Daisy share bone structure and body structure.

As you can see, I struggled to make a list on why Daisy is a Peach clone, and I know a lot about Daisy! Now, the differences.

Does not hide behind Toads, in fact, she is not afraid to mock them sometimes. She doesn't even have loyal servants nor anybody wanting to kidnap her because nobody cares for her to begin with.
Extremely loud and brash compared to Peach's dainty and kinder mannerisms. Daisy can also be just as girly and mild, and Peach can be just as rough and playful as portrayed in several games.
Orange vs Pink: More significant that you think. Designed to represent how the princesses contrast. Fun fact, both colours are extentions of red, all of them being warm colors.
Diva vs Punk. what?
Hearts vs Plants and Flowers. Plants and Flowers that are a complete copy paste to the original hearts Peach uses.
Daisy is not floaty, she is faster and more powerful. Funnily enough, Rosalina and Peach are more similar in this regard. Rosalina is more powerful than both, this point is irrelevant altogether.
Completely different face and facial makeup. Funnily enough, Rosalina and Peach are even more similar in this regard. Then again, Rosalina was suppoused to be related to Peach, hence their similar facial features. But Daisy, who was a complete Peach ripoff not too long ago was never even intended to be, and the reason she looked so much like Peach was because she was a bootleg Peach.
Even when Peach trys to be sassy, she does not go the full way with it. Daisy does. ''all the way'' Peach struts her stuff towards the camera often in Strikers, which displays more sassyness than Daisy's fake persona.

And this is me scratching the surface of the large, delicious orange fruit cake! :daisy:

zzzzZZZZzzzzz

Well...

--

Jokes aside, honestly I wish I could root for both just so both the Waluigi fans and Daisy fans can both be happy. I hate to see someone being bummed that their favorite character didn't make the cut. : /

--

Princess Mario said:
*inevitable pedantic joke about wording of "being in Smash Switch"*

But why would they be inside a smashed light switch?
Sorry.

memoryman3 said:
Maybe the new team at Namco did not have time to implement her, by deadlines. Many characters are cut that we don't know about. Also, everyone is opposed to my ideas because they probably just don't like the idea of Daisy potentially stealing all of Waluigi's thunder and sprinkling it in with her own unique flower seasoning.
Maybe Nacmo simply doesn't want Daisy. Have you ever thought of that?

And everyone is opposed to your ideas because they believe Daisy is not a good choice as a standalone playable character in a game that's powered by fan demand and scarce resources and strict deadlines. Not because we're secret Waluigi supporters. Have you seen the first few posts in the thread?

I only went for Waluigi because he's a lesser of an evils option and I think his moveset is far more interesting given Waluigi's quirky nature (roses, swimming through the air, vine whips, arguably not a boring design). Waluigi is generally the more well-known of the spinoff crew, so if there has to be someone who borrows from Mario spinoffs, it'll be Waluigi.

Ash Ketchum said:
Jokes aside, honestly I wish I could root for both just so both the Waluigi fans and Daisy fans can both be happy. I hate to see someone being bummed that their favorite character didn't make the cut. : /

--

Princess Mario said:
*inevitable pedantic joke about wording of "being in Smash Switch"*

But why would they be inside a smashed light switch?
Sorry.
I don't like seeing Daisy getting shafted but I don't like it when some fans can't just get over it and keep pushing and pushing when we don't ask for it and even go far to question our motives (you just hate women) and intelligence (smash dev. team is not creatively bankrupt like you guys) 'cause they don't think there's anything wrong with their position, but they think there is something wrong when people disagree.

What do you get when you combine "Smash" and "Switch"?

SmashCompactor_DryBones.png

Pancakes.

If Dark Pit and Lucina were not a problem in Smash 4, then I do not see why Daisy would be a problem. She is definitely more popular than Dark Pit is. Also, who says Waluigi will take that, when Nintendo has shown that they prefer Daisy to represent flowers and sports already in 2016-2018?!?!

Plus, I think Waluigi is too weird and lanky to properly represent the competitve, straight-laced nature of many sports games. Daisy’s design is cartoony enough yet she is friendly, competitive, enthusiastic nature fits extremely well.

Oh, and if you are shilling for Toad, let’s see what he can do then that stands out. Because even Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker showed that he is inept as a character.

Except they kinda were a problem?

Last i checked, Smash 4 fanbase hate DP and Lucina's guts and only give Doctor Mario a pass because MUH MELEE CHARACTERS.

All 3 have been established as clones that were easy to make so they made it in for the base game.

Daisy not being in the game not even as a Peach clone/semi clone simply means that they don't care about her, it's pretty self explanatory.

memoryman3 said:
If Dark Pit and Lucina were not a problem in Smash 4, then I do not see why Daisy would be a problem.
The gameplay difference between Dark Pit and Pit is one move and a Final Smash.

The gameplay differences between Lucina and Marth are mere attack property changes.

If developers could make a good Daisy skin over Peach which is not too dissimilar from those two, you'd somehow find that a problem.

Sigh... I've grown long tired of this debate. I've repeatedly stated my two cents about why and how Daisy could be a completely separate character from Peach in terms of a moveset, but I guess I'll say it again.

Peach's moveset comes from Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario RPG. She floats, she uses turnips, and she uses her frying pan. She also uses Toad, one of her subjects.
Daisy does not float. She has never dealt with turnips. She does not have Toad subjects. To say she would be a Peach clone is absurd once these facts are taken into account.

But in the same way that Peach's moveset is based on her games, Daisy could have her moveset based around the Super Mario Land games, instead of just spin-offs that everyone thinks is the only thing she could do. I mean, the enemies you fight in the first Land game are her brainwashed subjects, right? I can see Daisy throwing a Ganchan to pack a wallop. She could also make use of the Super Ball, since it's exclusive to her kingdom. Her Final Smash could involve the Sky Pop. There are those strange, secret rising platforms in some levels that could end up as her recovery. There are so many other possibilities that people don't take into account. I don't know if it's because they're so adamantly against Daisy, or if it's just an innocent slip of the mind. Either way, repeating myself gets old.

However, I am doubtful that either Daisy or Waluigi are going to get into this upcoming Smash game, unless they come in as DLC for 2019 and 2020, respectively. I've also discussed their respective upcoming anniversaries before. Putting characters in Smash is a big deal. It feel like it'd be something to do for Daisy's 30th anniversary (2019) or Waluigi's 20th anniversary (2020), because it'd be a big deal for the respective characters overall.

the biggest flaw on your proposal is that Peach's abilities are taken from games in not only where she was present, but she actually did all of those things.

Daisy didn't do shit in SML, so it makes no sense for her to use anything related to that game when unlike Peach, she never did anything at all.

Mind you they could easily just make up some nonsense like they did for Captain Falcon.

However I don't think they will.

Moveset potential is never a detracting factor. As we've seen with Falcon, ROB, and the Wii Fit Trainer, just about anyone can have a moveset.

What's stopping Daisy is the fact that she's simply not important enough to be in the game. That's it. If she was actually integral to the Mario franchise as in the case of someone like Toad, then maybe she would have a chance.

Well, I would argue that neither Rosalina or Bowser jr are all that integral to the franchise at large.

That being said I have no problem with them being there.

Bowser Jr's practically the secondary anatgonist of the franchise at this point, and Rosalina has been playable in a platformer, and had a role in one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time, Super Mario Galaxy.

And hasn't appeared in a main 3D Mario platformer in almost a decade.

And Rosalina beyond her appearance in 3D world hasn't appeared since.

Both of them are largely spin off fodder these days and while they could easily reappear, their absence in recent titles shows that they could easily not be there and the games could still turn out great.

My reasoning for not wanting Daisy in smash is irrelevant to importance or movesets or whatever, I find her incredibly dull and often forget she even exists.

Bowser Jr. is not only a big part of Sunshine , but also basically the most recurring main antagonist besides Bowser in the New Super Mario Bros games.

Hello? The clown car is there for a reason with him.

Rosalina is basically the face of SMG , as she is the first character to come to everybody's mind when remembering that game.

both of those factors plus popularity and moveset potential was what made them playable.

3D World didn't do anything in Rosalina's favor as all her aesthetic , moveset and presense was made to represent and reference Galaxy , not 3D World. There's not a single thing Rosalina takes from 3D World into Smash 4, all her stuff is representative of Super Mario Galaxy even her winning tune is from SMG.

They simply got in for a variety of factors that allowed them to, and those factors are something Daisy lacks.

Daisy doesn't have the same popularity, moveset potential or a good reason to join as she doesn't represent anything distinct in the entire franchise.

This is why Waluigi has more chances, because he is Camelot's mascot and makes sense to represent the spin off games , most prominently the sports ones.

I'm aware of what their roles are. I still wouldn't call them integral.

But I have absolutely no issue with them being there. I just don't want anymore Mario characters in smash bros after that.

Back