Could we see Daisy finally be playable in Smash Switch?

Swiftie_Luma said:
i mean , you had the opportunity to make a point and failed.

The moveset you came out with , considering you are the most obssesed with Daisy around , is very uncreative , and if not even you can come out with good ideas it just means that Daisy is just not that unique and thus not that worth of time for the game.

I will not give up! I have made a few revisions to my moveset and will post it in picture form soon.

memoryman3 said:
Well, it IS a jump. But the game counts it as a "Fly", and it has different physics.

Palutena even calls Pit's "flying" a jump. I fail to see how the game considers repeated jumping flying, though if Kirby had his actual flight mechanics, then there may be something there.

I also fail to see how Charizard can't fly, despite being a Flying-type Pokemon (not talking about the move), but that's a discussion for a different time.

memoryman3 said:
I feel like you guys just don't want to see her in Smash because that would mean you would have no real reason to poke fun at Daisy's relevance.

What relevance? Until she's actually included in Smash, she has no real relevance at all.

Swiftie_Luma said:
The moveset you came out with , considering you are the most obssesed with Daisy around , is very uncreative , and if not even you can come out with good ideas it just means that Daisy is just not that unique and thus not that worth of time for the game.

Regarding the Up Special he mentioned, I was thinking of something different (as the move he described seemed very OP, being able to perform it three times and all). Was thinking something like spawning a flower under Daisy and pushing her upward, like Sonic's Spring Jump, a la Mario Party 7. But unlike Sonic's Spring, it would disappear immediately, though anyone caught in the flower's size would also be sent upward.

Let me answer the question this thread asks (as well as a few others):

No, right now she’s just an orange clone of Peach.

No, as much as I hate to say it, he needs to get a major role in a Wario game first. He has potential, though.

Yes. Nothing more needs to be said.

Maybe. Being the standard special of Peach isn’t enough, and he should be an assist character at the very least.

NO!

Swiftie_Luma said:

If Memoryman's idea is an uncreative moveset, that doesn't prove anything about whether Daisy should be in Smash because Sakurai could undoubtedly create a better moveset if he chose to put her in. Besides, your points that every other Mario character could throw a baseball don't make a lot of sense because Daisy would be the specific representative of Mario Sports titles (unless Waluigi held that position instead).

That being said, there isn't a lot to go off of for Daisy's moveset. You'd have to mainly look at special moves in sport games, although the argument can be made that it's the same for Waluigi and many good ideas for his moveset have been made regardless of the lack of material.

Plague Knight said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

If Memoryman's idea is an uncreative moveset, that doesn't prove anything about whether Daisy should be in Smash because Sakurai could undoubtedly create a better moveset if he chose to put her in. Besides, your points that every other Mario character could throw a baseball don't make a lot of sense because Daisy would be the specific representative of Mario Sports titles (unless Waluigi held that position instead).

That being said, there isn't a lot to go off of for Daisy's moveset. You'd have to mainly look at special moves in sport games, although the argument can be made that it's the same for Waluigi and many good ideas for his moveset have been made regardless of the lack of material.

She has flowers!

YFJ said:

Maybe. Being the standard special of Peach isn’t enough, and he should be an assist character at the very least.
Are you you saying that Toad, a main character who is playable in the main series games, is less likely than Fawful, a minor character who only ever appears in the RPGs?

Alex95 said:
memoryman3 said:
Well, it IS a jump. But the game counts it as a "Fly", and it has different physics.

Palutena even calls Pit's "flying" a jump. I fail to see how the game considers repeated jumping flying, though if Kirby had his actual flight mechanics, then there may be something there.

I also fail to see how Charizard can't fly, despite being a Flying-type Pokemon (not talking about the move), but that's a discussion for a different time.

memoryman3 said:
I feel like you guys just don't want to see her in Smash because that would mean you would have no real reason to poke fun at Daisy's relevance.

What relevance? Until she's actually included in Smash, she has no real relevance at all.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Regarding the Up Special he mentioned, I was thinking of something different (as the move he described seemed very OP, being able to perform it three times and all). Was thinking something like spawning a flower under Daisy and pushing her upward, like Sonic's Spring Jump, a la Mario Party 7. But unlike Sonic's Spring, it would disappear immediately, though anyone caught in the flower's size would also be sent upward.

I fail to see how irrelevant characters get amiibo.

Anyways, i thought of the Up Special as a way to balance her jumping out.

Plague Knight said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

Sakurai can handle it yes, but without source material is just gonna be something that's not in his vision.

He not only puts popular characters in the game, he puts the characters that not only best represent the series but also those with enough abilities in the games they are from so he can reference the hystory of the characters associated with the games.

Peach references tons of things she has ''canonicaly'' done in several games

She even represents the sports games in this by using a tennis racket and the golf club , having Daisy do similar things is just redundant, as Peach does it and more.

Daisy doesnt have enough stuff to work with, and thus she wont reference anything unique. She doesnt even do something in her home game.

memoryman3 said:
Alex95 said:
memoryman3 said:

memoryman3 said:

Swiftie_Luma said:

Anyways, i thought of the Up Special as a way to balance her jumping out.

Well it took ages for Daisy to get an amiibo and even that doesn't guarantee anything.

Several side characters from Animal Crossing have amiibo and yet Isabelle is the only Major one of them along with KK slider.

Your point is not working.

Kirby's Helpers said:
YFJ said:

Are you you saying that Toad, a main character who is playable in the main series games, is less likely than Fawful, a minor character who only ever appears in the RPGs?
Fawful is far more popular than Toad, and Toad is more of an assistant to Mario than a fighter.

YFJ said:
Kirby's Helpers said:
YFJ said:

Fawful is far more popular than Toad, and Toad is more of an assistant to Mario than a fighter.
Toad is one of the most recognizable Nintendo characters period. Fawful is only known to a small subset of hardcore Mario fans.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Plague Knight said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

Sakurai can handle it yes, but without source material is just gonna be something that's not in his vision.

He not only puts popular characters in the game, he puts the characters that not only best represent the series but also those with enough abilities in the games they are from so he can reference the hystory of the characters associated with the games.

Peach references tons of things she has ''canonicaly'' done in several games

She even represents the sports games in this by using a tennis racket and the golf club , having Daisy do similar things is just redundant, as Peach does it and more.

Daisy doesnt have enough stuff to work with, and thus she wont reference anything unique. She doesnt even do something in her home game.

The side smash is only one move. Daisy has flowers...it is in her name and jewellery and in many games it is used for some sort of effect. In Mario Super Sluggers (not the first game) she creates a flower field that acts as a trap for example. A lot of her specials are flower themed, even if it is only particle effects. And most of them DO have a gameplay effect.

this is also a problem because Daisy only has flowers going on for her.

Hearts are also very uninteresting but they are just aesthetic from Peach rather than her whole affiliation.

Peach does more stuff in smash than just summoning a heart or relying on that, meanwhile Daisy doesnt have much going on aside from her flower thing.

Swiftie_Luma said:
this is also a problem because Daisy only has flowers going on for her.

Hearts are also very uninteresting but they are just aesthetic from Peach rather than her whole affiliation.

Peach does more stuff in smash than just summoning a heart or relying on that, meanwhile Daisy doesnt have much going on aside from her flower thing.

She floats (this is a great move that came from SMB 2)

She hides behind a Toad

She has turnips from SMB 2 which Mario and Luigi and TOAD can also use.

The rest of her moves are original to Smash, because they did not have enough source material at the time. Daisy has more source material to work with now than Peach did back then.

frying pan , golf club and tennis racket are from actual games where Peach can use them.

the Final Smash music comes from a Mario game as well.

And drops butts Peaches everywhere

I was thinking a bit more on her moveset myself for the past couple of hours, and I think there's a good set here.

tbh, I like MemoryMan's Pitcher Glove as her standard special. It would work like Villager's pocket, but more restrictive. There's no hammerspace involved, meaning Daisy has to keep holding the item and isn't able to shove a Crate down her pants-er, dress. She can also use it while moving, causing her to dive.

Peach's Peach Bomber has a variant in Smash 4 called the Flower Bomber, which deals slight damage but also causes a flower to spawn on the target's head. Considering how physical Daisy likes to get, this could work as her side special. Custom moves are still unconfirmed for Smash 5, but this could still work regardless.

Daisy's up special as I mentioned earlier:
Alex95 said:
Was thinking something like spawning a flower under Daisy and pushing her upward, like Sonic's Spring Jump, a la Mario Party 7. But unlike Sonic's Spring, it would disappear immediately, though anyone caught in the flower's size would also be sent upward.

I imagine Daisy rolling a die on the ground for her down special, and depending on what number it lands on, it will explode and do something dependent on the number, similar to Mr. Game & Watch's Judge. It can spawn items, explode like a bomb, or be a dud. The die itself can maybe do some slight physical damage as well. BUT, as the numbers are still cycling, the die can be picked up like a regular item and thrown by anyone. But it can still do its effects when in hand, so if it explodes before you get rid of it, then whelp. Daisy can only roll one, but when there's a group of Daisys, it could get hectic.

EDIT: Her Final Smash could be her Crystal Smash! from Mario Strikers Charged (if nothing else because the name is fitting), though modified to combine her Crystallized Daisy form as well. She starts by punching the ground, causing two crystals to form and send nearby fighters upward. If any opponents were hit, Daisy then jumps up and turns crystal-blue, and then delivers a powerful punch to fighters in a downward motion, sending them toward the ground at an angle. This isn't like other trapping Final Smashes like Ike's or Greninja's. The crystals do some major damage upon connecting, and Daisy's punch has high knockback.

memoryman3 said:
Well, it IS a jump. But the game counts it as a "Fly", and it has different physics. I feel like you guys just don't want to see her in Smash because that would mean you would have no real reason to poke fun at Daisy's relevance.

the goalposts are suddenly far away now

Alex95 said:
memoryman3 said:

...Didn't we go over this already?

memoryman is the master of deju vu, gish galloping bullshit points (like the feminism bull), and ignoring everyone so yeah

Northern Verve said:
memoryman3 said:
Well, if we look at recent examples it shows that they are not exactly a package deal. Daisy got in Super Mario Run by herself. There is a Mario Odyssey Waluigi costume but not one for Daisy. Waluigi was not in Mario Kart 7.

I think Smash works a little differently then just costumes or spin-off appearances. Maybe there's a slight chance one appears before the other, but one getting in means just about every reason people have brought up why either won't make it in Smash is moot. Even if only one of Waluigi or Daisy makes it in Smash they absolutely should include the other either later in the same game or definitely in the next game afterward.

Both sides between Daisy and Waluigi could point to a few reasons why the other would come first. Waluigi fans have that Waluigi seems to overall be the more popular character (Even if it's mostly meme popularity), Assist Trophy status being more acknowledgement then just a Peach alt, and how long it took for Daisy to finally get a Mario Maker costume when Waluigi was in immediately. Daisy fans will bring up Super Mario Land and/or that she's the's the older character of the two, and being included recently in Super Mario Run.

But they both also have the same reasons for why they haven't been included in Smash yet such as being relegated to Spin-offs, have rarely or never appeared in a mainline game, and deemed less important to other characters that are conceived as likelier for Smash. When talking Mario reps whichever it is Waluigi or Daisy the answer is usually "What makes them more likely then Captain Toad (Or Toad in general) or Paper Mario?" or even "Do we really need more Mario reps? Especially spin-off fodder like those characters?".

Sure, there should naturally be a rivalry between the two Character support groups because we don't know how much more Mario spots will be added or even if they'll add any more at all. But if one gets in, the issues with the other's eligibility for Smash disappears. Even if it takes another game until that other character makes it in. So it'd be beneficial to both fans who really, really, really want Daisy and/or Waluigi in that they support both even if they have some hesitations about the other character.

I personally feel it's more likely they're either both in or they're both out. I even believe that if we were to get both, they'd be announced in the same newcomer trailer if a Mario spin-off inspired Smash trailer ever happened. Like imagine if the first thing we see in a new Smash trailer is a Mario party board, Mario Kart track (Hell we had Rainbow Road appear to reveal Rosalina), or a tennis court. It'd be easy to show off one new character immediately and the other joins in shortly after.

Thought I'd move over this from the Unpopular opinions thread since it's related to what I said earlier about Waluigi and Daisy being in the same boat when it comes to getting in Smash. Thought this was a decent elaboration on why I feel that way.

Swiftie_Luma said:
the feminism one was actually very funny because i didnt see him pulling that out that much.

he's starting pulling that card in the smash boards in gamefaqs

As many peoplehave stated,Daisy would just be a Peach clone with an attitude and maybe a few changed moves but that's be it as she really doesn't do anything other than appearing in sport games and her only non-sport appereance had her be kidnapped and doing nothing.And since Smash Bros' Peach, unlike normal Peach, already has an attitude then Daisy's only unique feature is already made worthless.

No way she'll make it in, maybe as an Assistant you can get from an Assist Trophy, but never a full character, she's too "plain and underdeveloped" to be a character of her own.
The closest ting we can get to having a playable Daisy in SMash is PEach's orange color pallette that mimics hers...

Well, I do not see the inherent problem of mainly being in sports games. In fact, I would see that as an advantage more than anything, most of her appearances have her in an active role in competition instead of an NPC or evil character who is also an NPC! It is why I also suspect that she is not in games where Mario or Luigi are the only playable characters because of this, and in Super Mario Run, she becomes an active member of the team once you unlock her. Smash Bros Peach is very floaty and light.

Congratulations, it is indeed the case! Must be nice to know that it happened, even though her moveset is based on Peach.

Thank you for reading.

Back