Could we see Daisy finally be playable in Smash Switch?

Which is why im saying Captain Toad is the safest choice if we wanna predict a Mario newcomer at this rate.

I genuinely believe the reason Toad wasnt added before was not because he wasnt a major character / representative of Mario but because he lacked moveset potential.

Now that Toad can be represented as Captain Toad and has his own games then tables have turned and thus he has a greater chance than ever , unlike Daisy.

Once Toad, Waluigi, and Paper Mario have been added, then maybe, MAYBE we can talk about Daisy. But if we reach the point where we're including Waluigi of all characters, more Mario characters just seems unnecessary.

Toad is the only Mario character I'd argue who actually deserves a Smash appearances. Waluigi and Paper Mario would just be fun references to some sub-series. Daisy is even less relevant than them.

I'd actually put Daisy above Paper Mario.

Not saying I like Daisy more but she's been in more games on the gamecube alone then there have been Paper Mario games altogether.

Paper Mario is just another one of many sub-series within this franchise and the Paper Mario fanbase's insistence that it is somehow more than that is ridiculous.

For the record that is the only Daisy defending I will be doing in this thread, other than that, don't give 2 shits about her.

memoryman3 said:
Is that why a Daisy amiibo was made

ah, yes, i sure can't wait to see daisy, toad, 8-bit mario, chibi-robo, cyrus, digby, isabelle, K.K. Slider, Mabel, Reese, Tom Nook, Lottie, Shovel Knight, Blathers, Kicks, Celeste, Mr. Resetti, Wolf Link/Midna, Timmy & Tommy Nook, Rover, Kapp'n, Waddle Dee, Callie, Marie, Boo, Waluigi, Toon Zelda, 8-bit Link, Poochy (!!!), the Guardian from BotW, Bokoblin, Alm, Celica, return of Young Link with MM-inspired moveset, Pikmin by themselves, Metroid, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Chrom, Tiki, Daruk, Mipha, Revali, Urbosa, Super Mario Cereal, Detective Pikachu, Pearl, Marina, Plague Knight, Specter Knight, King Knight, Qbby, protag from MH Stories, Navirou, Cheval, Ayuria, Dan and Solaire of Astora all make it into smash because there was an amiibo made for them

Swiftie_Luma said:
Which is why im saying Captain Toad is the safest choice if we wanna predict a Mario newcomer at this rate.

I genuinely believe the reason Toad wasnt added before was not because he wasnt a major character / representative of Mario but because he lacked moveset potential.

Now that Toad can be represented as Captain Toad and has his own games then tables have turned and thus he has a greater chance than ever , unlike Daisy.
Uh Captain Toad canonically can't jump
so how would he recover
BAM I FUCKING GOT YOU.
oh also having a bunch of weirdo's really like you doesn't count as being hyped
it's mean you've got a bunch of weirdo fans. (talking about Daisy now)

Splash said:
memoryman3 said:
Is that why a Daisy amiibo was made

ah, yes, i sure can't wait to see daisy, toad, 8-bit mario, chibi-robo, cyrus, digby, isabelle, K.K. Slider, Mabel, Reese, Tom Nook, Lottie, Shovel Knight, Blathers, Kicks, Celeste, Mr. Resetti, Wolf Link/Midna, Timmy & Tommy Nook, Rover, Kapp'n, Waddle Dee, Callie, Marie, Boo, Waluigi, Toon Zelda, 8-bit Link, Poochy (!!!), the Guardian from BotW, Bokoblin, Alm, Celica, return of Young Link with MM-inspired moveset, Pikmin by themselves, Metroid, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Chrom, Tiki, Daruk, Mipha, Revali, Urbosa, Super Mario Cereal, Detective Pikachu, Pearl, Marina, Plague Knight, Specter Knight, King Knight, Qbby, protag from MH Stories, Navirou, Cheval, Ayuria, Dan and Solaire of Astora all make it into smash because there was an amiibo made for them

F85yA9o.jpg

Bloc Québécois said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

so how would he recover
BAM I FUCKING GOT YOU.

Regarding Captain Toad not jumping. Smash can technically work around that in many ways. Maybe by actually having Captain Toad as a bit of a merge between his character and the other Playable Toads in previous series by having him able to jump.

Maybe Sakurai could even wave it/give an excuse by saying the Captain Toad in Smash has been training hard and done enough to now be able to jump. Just not quite as high as most characters and he has an insane fastfall. He's done similar for other characters such as Ness and Lucas learning their special moves from Paula or Kumatora even though they don't use those moves in the games.

I feel like people are setting their expectations too low on Daisy. This is the series that gave us nonsensical, wacky fighters like Doctor Mario and Duck Hunt. I mean...it's not like Daisy is an unknown character. Isn't the whole point of Smash Bros supposed to be "Your favourite Nintendo characters duke it out in battle!". Guess what? For a lot of people, Daisy may be their favourite Nintendo or Mario character. I feel like she has enough to work with, but I believe that Sakurai could put his own creative twist on Daisy and give us a sporty, athletic fighter with plant based attacks that would be awesome to play as. I doubt many people would care if she was in Super Mario Odyssey: The Galaxy or not.

And as for Captain Toad, I think he has much lower chances than Daisy, due to the whole point of his character being "he can't jump". He has also been kept out of titles that play similarly to Smash like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and Mario Sports Superstars for his lack of abilities. Daisy, by comparison, has a characteristic of jumping more times than other Mario characters.

(May I remind you that Rosalina was not really in Mario Odyssey)

She needs to become an assist character before becoming a fighter. I have a good feeling about Waluigi, though. He is already an assist character; Smash 4 had three Waluigi doppelgängers: Purple Mario, Purple Luigi, and Purple Wario. Waluigi is likely, but Daisy...you’ll probably have to live with Orange Peach.

I strongly have the feeling that the push back against Daisy being in Smash, at this point, is related to how women are treated in general in games, the idea of male superiority, if you will. Why else do you think someone like King K Rool, a crocodile that is the most irrelevant and ignored character by Nintendo ever, doesn't get the same scathing hate messages and death threats (I and a few other people have actually got death threats over wanting Daisy in Smash!). The moment a princess like Daisy tries to get into the spotlight, there is a fear...a hatred...even jealousy emitting from the souls of misogynistic haters of women and strong figures in general. For Rosalina, I don't think it was that bad because she is seen as a sexy character, and she hides behind a Luma and floats gracefully like a woman does. Krystal from Star Fox also has a similar issue to Daisy where she is seen as...too disgusting and not proper enough for Smash.

no, that isn't it at all

tbh king k. rool has more abilities than daisy and we need more dk reps anyway. i'm not saying i support it COMPLETELY, i'm just saying that it's a little more likely for him than daisy

and this is coming from a woman

memoryman3 said:
For Rosalina, I don't think it was that bad because she is seen as a sexy character, and she hides behind a Luma and floats gracefully like a woman does. Krystal from Star Fox also has a similar issue to Daisy where she is seen as...too disgusting and not proper enough for Smash.

did you forget about the other women in smash like smh

Anton said:
memoryman3 said:
For Rosalina, I don't think it was that bad because she is seen as a sexy character, and she hides behind a Luma and floats gracefully like a woman does. Krystal from Star Fox also has a similar issue to Daisy where she is seen as...too disgusting and not proper enough for Smash.

did you forget about the other women in smash like smh
this

we have bayonetta, peach, samus, zelda/shiek...

memoryman3 said:
I strongly have the feeling that the push back against Daisy being in Smash, at this point, is related to how women are treated in general in games, the idea of male superiority, if you will.
memoryman3 said:
The moment a princess like Daisy tries to get into the spotlight, there is a fear...a hatred...even jealousy emitting from the souls of misogynistic haters of women and strong figures in general.

help me for *bleep*'s sake

memoryman3 said:
The moment a princess like Daisy tries to get into the spotlight, there is a fear...a hatred...even jealousy emitting from the souls of misogynistic haters of women and strong figures in general.

are you retarded

Video games. I like those.

memoryman3 said:
For Rosalina, I don't think it was that bad because she is seen as a sexy character, and she hides behind a Luma and floats gracefully like a woman does.

You know, if we're talking about strong, progressive female characters...

Out of the four prominent women of the Mario series, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, and Pauline, Rosalina is the only one who has never been kidnapped by a male malefactor. She is also the one out of the four who was never written as a love interest for a male lead character, or later converted into one. Citing Rosalina as the character mired in traditional female gender roles while elevating Daisy as the ideal feminist icon is... just completely oblivious.

But frankly, if the goal is strictly to select a strong, female character, at this point I would give the win to Pauline. She is a person who has risen above her generic love interest past and become a capable career woman. She is successful through her own work and commitment, defers to no male authority figure, and is in full control of her own life. All of that makes a much better female role model than a throwaway line that says "is a tomboy".

Like, voice your preference for Daisy all you want, that's fine, but don't try to paint her as something she's really not.

She probably won't make it, I have seen the possibility of her being in Smash since the character ballot for Smash 4 DLC being around. But I think she should make it this time, but I am doubtful because the next Smash game which is coming out later this year may be a remake. If it isn't a remake there is hope. But for now I am leaning towards the next Smash game being a remake of Smash 4.

Kurapika Kurta said:
Rosalina is the only one who has never been kidnapped by a male malefactor.

I would like to point out that while she has never been physically taken away she (as well as the entire comet observatory) was held captive by Bowser in Galaxy 2.

Bloc Québécois said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

so how would he recover
BAM I FUCKING GOT YOU.
oh also having a bunch of weirdo's really like you doesn't count as being hyped
it's mean you've got a bunch of weirdo fans. (talking about Daisy now)

for starters thinking that way is super retarded because he not being able to jump just makes him more unique and it simply can affect his recovery.

like a fellow sage would say , ''thanks for reading''.

Back