Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I'm fine with Isabelle. I'm surprised she's a semi-clone like Lucas and Falco, was expecting a full blown echo with different visual properties. Certainly a lot more hyped for her than I would have been about Incineroar (and Ken with the Vergeben leak), that's for sure.

Princess Mario said:
Or just don't watch Directs any more and come with low expectations from information by people who have suffered through the Directs for you like I do. Usually does the job for me. Worked this time.

And yet when I tell you about a good thing months from now you are all like "never heard about that"

Never trust second hand information.

I can't believe Bill Trinen's favorite character is in Smash.

Princess Mario said:
Or just don't watch Directs any more and come with low expectations from information by people who have suffered through the Directs for you like I do. Usually does the job for me. Worked this time.
Also this, except I keep low expectations for my most wanted in general. ;)

Mcmadness said:
And yet when I tell you about a good thing months from now you are all like "never heard about that"

Never trust second hand information.
yeah cuz people suck at dispelling information they take in that I can easily read without having to sit through Youtube of all the other boring stuff

don't have much motivation to go Youtube anyway

ThatGuy62 said:
JC said:
So going by the "one-per-series" pattern, only songs from Star Fox, Pokemon, Animal Crossing(!), Wii Fit, Sonic and Pac-Man are left. Assuming Game & Watch, FF and Bayonetta will reuse the same songs from Smash 4 according to their song count in the Direct, those series won't be getting any new ones (unless there are some unlockable, though I doubt it).
You mean we won't get Stardust Speedway Bad Future, Studiopolis Acts 1 and 2, the Pac-Man Arrangement final boss theme and no Star Fox Zero music? :-[

No, I meant G&W, FF and Bayonetta, not the other series.

JC said:
Sakurai hasn't retweeted the Direct announcement like he usually does, so I'm not expecting anything Smash-related.

Welp, see what coming in with low expectations does for you

I guess he forgot or caught on and wanted to surprise us.

wasnt really that excited for isabelle since i dont really care for animal crossing but the more i think about it who doesnt want to play as a cute dog secretary

I'm not indifferent towards Isabella but i'm not overjoyed shes a character i'm fine with. I did love here trailer though because I just love the idea of it being a great honor for a character to get into smash and I think shes adorable as a fighter.

i wouldnt say isabelle was in my wanted newcomers, and i went into the direct hoping for bandana dee, but im still so glad she got in! kinda surprised to see so many people disappointed

Czario said:
Koops is gonna be so happy.

I KNOW RIGHT?!

How amazing it is she's not an echo, I didn't even want that much! I know I asked for her to be playable in some way, but seriously, I did not even expect her to get revealed now. I personally think this was a nice way to tie into the Animal Crossing Switch teaser that came afterward. I can see why people would be disappointed, but... well I'm most certainly NOT!

Sakurai, shut up and take my fucking money.

44f.gif
(I've been waiting for a long time to use this gif.)

All this game needs to be perfect at this point for me is Bandana Dee... please make it happen.

Animal Crossing is weird in my opinion.

That being said, I'm definitely going to try out Isabelle. I hope that but where she pulls out a stop sign is more than an aesthetic thing they did for giggles, and that it's an actual move.
Isabelle's a secretary, right? She should stab someone with a pencil as a move.

At first when I saw Tom Nook I thought he would be like "I'll get my chance another day!" and be in Smash 6, just like what happened with Chrom.

Did not expect Isabelle to actually come into Smash as a brand new character, but hey, I don't really have anything against her. She looks awesome to play as.

Not to mention I've run out of characters I actually want in Smash so

Also I'm assuming because the Smash bundle offers a download code on November 2nd (the game releases on December 7th) we can preload it on that day. Cool, that means I can play it first minute!

saltypepper said:
Did not expect Isabelle to actually come into Smash as a brand new character, but hey, I don't really have anything against her. She looks awesome to play as.

Not to mention I've run out of characters I actually want in Smash so

Also I'm assuming because the Smash bundle offers a download code on November 2nd (the game releases on December 7th) we can preload it on that day. Cool, that means I can play it first minute!
No, the download code isn't valid until December 7. Sorry.

EDIT: Here's my source.

Oh god now I'm suddenly reminded of the downloade code brouhoohahaha in pre-release Smash 3DS. Some schlops were even stupid enough to part with their own money to get a download code for a demo.

https://twitter.com/ConnorEatsPants/status/1040744991176486912

Read this whole Twitter thread from ConnorEatsPants. It leads credence to the idea that we may only be getting two more characters, with one of them being Ken.

It's possible Verge was right on the money and Ken and Incineroar are the last two. But he also mentioned a second square enix character. Take all of this with a grain of salt, but man having Ken and Incineroar be the final two characters would be kinda lame.

See my gut tells me there will be another smash direct
And if Ken is an echo I can't imagine thryd treat him as a huge announcement since they haven't given any other echos trailers.
Also who else is excited for when people start realising their pet characters won't get in smash and get really uppity at Nintendo over it

Honoka's #5 Fan said:
And if Ken is an echo I can't imagine thryd treat him as a huge announcement since they haven't given any other echos trailers.
The only thing I can see is that since he's a third party, they'll do something special for him. Not a full newcomer trailer, but a bit more spotlight than the typical echo.

Honoka's #5 Fan said:
Also who else is excited for when people start realising their pet characters won't get in smash and get really uppity at Nintendo over it
As much as I point and laugh at the Waluigi fanbase, I'd rather not get excited over something that involves real victims.

Back