Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Maybe he hasn't retweeted it because it was delayed and we don't know the new date yet?

So I looked back through my Ask Thread...
Dragalge said:
Should a future Smash game include a "Smashville" option, like the Ω stages?
Alex95 said:
I'd rather a Battlefield version.
I guess I got my wish :lol:

As listed at the bottom of this page, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate now has an ESRB age rating:

E10+ with Cartoon Violence, Comic Mischief, and Suggestive Themes

This must mean that the ESRB knows the entire roster. Could the ESRB leak be happening all over again?

I doubt anyone would be willing to risk leaking the whole roster again.
It would be interesting to know if any content gets removed like the Tharja trophy did though.

The ESRB is usually good at keeping secrets, since they would know spoilers about every game months before its release. An employee leaking it like with Smash 4 is very rare, so it's unlikely that it would happen again with Ultimate.

yeah I'm not expecting another leak on that level again

also happy Pikmin day

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html

don't see why an employee would want to risk their job again for this sort of shit in the long-term. i mean, the leaker for the last time that happened is now facing heavy, long-term consequences for that.

YFJ said:
This must mean that the ESRB knows the entire roster. Could the ESRB leak be happening all over again?
This also could be concerning the content of the trophies.

Oooor it's just Bayonetta.

Smasher said:
yeah I'm not expecting another leak on that level again

also happy Pikmin day

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html

Disappointed that it's another rearrangement of a song that's already in Smash Bros, but I prefer this version to the one in the previous games, so I guess it evens out.

So going by the "one-per-series" pattern, only songs from Star Fox, Pokemon, Animal Crossing(!), Wii Fit, Sonic and Pac-Man are left. Assuming Game & Watch, FF and Bayonetta will reuse the same songs from Smash 4 according to their song count in the Direct, those series won't be getting any new ones (unless there are some unlockable, though I doubt it).

JC said:
So going by the "one-per-series" pattern, only songs from Star Fox, Pokemon, Animal Crossing(!), Wii Fit, Sonic and Pac-Man are left. Assuming Game & Watch, FF and Bayonetta will reuse the same songs from Smash 4 according to their song count in the Direct, those series won't be getting any new ones (unless there are some unlockable, though I doubt it).
You mean we won't get Stardust Speedway Bad Future, Studiopolis Acts 1 and 2, the Pac-Man Arrangement final boss theme and no Star Fox Zero music? :-[

Shoulda been Tom Nook.

ss_2.jpg

Koops is gonna be so happy.

She's actually not an echo of Villager surprisingly and is her own character, though her moveset looks inspired by Villager's kind of like Fox and Wolf.

it finally happened, a newcomer i'm completely indifferent toward

that smash switch dock looks sick as hell though

I knew Isabelle was gonna be in but...

1. I thought she would be an echo fighter

2. Really? This is the character we’ve been building up to this entire direct?

Should been Tom Nook.

I'm glad the fishing rod finally gets use in an Animal Crossing moveset.

Mcmadness said:
Shoulda been Tom Nook.
supermariofan said:
Really? This is the character we’ve been building up to this entire direct?
The hyped Isabelle fans would probably disagree.

And what would Nook have done, anyway? Isabelle does many activities in the core series, so she definitely had more variety to offer as a moveset. Nook had his shops, yes, but he didn't really use any of the stuff there.

Another point for Vergeben. In addition to leaking ICs, Snake, Ridley, and Simon, he also said Isabelle would be in. Hope you guys are ready for Incineroar and Ken.

Isabelle isn't super hype for me, but she's very deserving of a spot. And the fact that she's a semi-clone and not an echo means good things for characters like Dixe who aren't quite unique enough but also are too different to be an echo.

I can't be mad about Isabelle. I got my two most wanted: K. Rool and Ridley, super happy for her fans though.

J & Siph said:
And what would Nook have done, anyway? Isabelle does many activities in the core series, so she definitely had more variety to offer as a moveset. Nook had his shops, yes, but he didn't really use any of the stuff there.

He sells all the stuff the villager uses so it's not hard to believe he knows how to use it.

His Final Smash would be massive debt.

she's my least favorite non echo thus far

which is saying very little because every single one of them has been someone I really wanted lol. I for one am looking forward to beating up the likes of Bowser and Ganondorf with the dog secretary from Animal Crossing, and I'm pleasantly surprised she's not an echo

Ok I learned my lesson. Don't go in believing we'll get Geno. But I still think it would be a complete shock if he didn't show up at some point what with Sakurai's statement about liking the character and wanting him since Brawl, and Square-Enix being on-board and having had Cloud in Smash 4 DLC. I believe Geno is logically next and I can't see Sakurai passing it up. That always bites me though.

That said, I don't care for Isabelle but I don't oppose her either. The buildup to her reveal took way too long with me knowing it had to be Smash way too early though. Like, as soon as Smash was namedropped I knew, but the buildup just took forever after that. I just wish there was like, a general Smash trailer too that showed off things like the story mode.

That last bit made me think Tom Nook would be in Smash too for a second. I imagine Josh Thomas is freaking out right now. Me, I'd have also liked the Smash reveal (and Animal Crossing and end of direct) to be about 5-10 minutes earlier because pretty much everything they showed in the previous 10 minutes after Yoshi's Crafted World made it feel like 30 minutes. I'd almost call that a record for longest sequence of trailers for things I don't care about that I can recall lol.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Ok I learned my lesson. Don't go in believing we'll get Geno. But I still think it would be a complete shock if he didn't show up at some point what with Sakurai's statement about liking the character and wanting him since Brawl, and Square-Enix being on-board and having had Cloud in Smash 4 DLC. I believe Geno is logically next and I can't see Sakurai passing it up. That always bites me though.

That said, I don't care for Isabelle but I don't oppose her either. The buildup to her reveal took way too long with me knowing it had to be Smash way too early though. Like, as soon as Smash was namedropped I knew, but the buildup just took forever after that. I just wish there was like, a general Smash trailer too that showed off things like the story mode.

That last bit made me think Tom Nook would be in Smash too for a second. I imagine Josh Thomas is freaking out right now. Me, I'd have also liked the Smash reveal (and Animal Crossing and end of direct) to be about 5-10 minutes earlier because pretty much everything they showed in the previous 10 minutes after Yoshi's Crafted World made it feel like 30 minutes. I'd almost call that a record for longest sequence of trailers for things I don't care about that I can recall lol.

And this is why I tell you broaden your pallet, all it causes you is obsession and frustration.

Or just don't watch Directs any more and come with low expectations from information by people who have suffered through the Directs for you like I do. Usually does the job for me. Worked this time.

Isabelle is a character who would be destined to take up a slot on the character select screen, never to be used, at least in my version of Smash Ultimate.

Back