Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Honoka's #5 Fan said:
YFJ said:
Honoka's #5 Fan said:
YFJ said:
I need Geno. And Bandana Dee. I need both of them, so don't let me down, Nintendo!
it's already started
Yeah, they probably will let me down. But I can dream.
they'll probably sell you those dreams at a cost
Waluigi was the cost. I've paid already. So I get them or I get scammed.

Deku said:
https://twitter.com/ConnorEatsPants/status/1040744991176486912

Read this whole Twitter thread from ConnorEatsPants. It leads credence to the idea that we may only be getting two more characters, with one of them being Ken.

It's possible Verge was right on the money and Ken and Incineroar are the last two. But he also mentioned a second square enix character. Take all of this with a grain of salt, but man having Ken and Incineroar be the final two characters would be kinda lame.

I'd be perfectly ok with this. Already satisfied since E3. So I'd be alright with only two more characters left to know. And even if it is just Ken and Incineroar.

It's best for now to think this is it for now, that way if that's NOT the case. Then it's an even better surprise.

And don't forget about DLC.

Until it's official we won't know for sure. But I do admit this box theory does have a little solid foundation. Even if it will have it's inevitable backlash if it's true (No Geno, No Shadow, etc.)

Oh trust me, I'm more than satisfied with the roster. I got every past veteran and my top two newcomers. It's just that Ken and Incineroar are just kind of a weak note to end on. I'm sure both would be fun to play, but they're kind of anti-climactic.

Just two remaining characters still puts us at 76 total characters, and that's more than I could have possibly asked for. Either way, this Smash is truly Ultimate. And even if the last few characters aren't super exciting, we still have that mysterious Spirits mode. That could be the big bombshell before launch.

I doubt Sakurai of all people would decide to reveal any of these two as the last newcomer though. Vergeben may be right on everything so far, but I don't put my full trust on him just yet (even though I was kinda hoping he was right on Isabelle).

Speaking of which, didn't he say Isabelle was gonna be an echo?

No, I think the last character has got to be someone to hype the fans, Smash 4 had the old unexpeced retro character in the form of Duck Hunt, and you could tell it was a nice way to end the base roster reveals. And for the DLC, it was Bayonetta, apparently a highly requested character that lots of people were happy and hyped for. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to get Geno as a final reveal, seeing how hype he would be, and if not for his popularity and the current theme of fan-service, how unexpected the guy would be. Heck... what if they do that with Banjo-Kazooie even? Imagine they both get revealed in the final Smash direct.

Lucario said:
Speaking of which, didn't he say Isabelle was gonna be an echo?
Nope! She's her own character with a unique moveset!

Another point for only two more characters left to reveal is that there are two empty spots on the website:

Uf7ciYM.png

It's not much, but it gives a bit more credibility to the idea.

Honoka's #4 Fan said:
Another point for only two more characters left to reveal is that there are two empty spots on the website:

Uf7ciYM.png

It's not much, but it gives a bit more credibility to the idea.
Remember the website also said at one point there would be 65 characters

I doubt they would leave it this obvious to guess.

So who knows how much we got left?

You know what if they only have two characters to add
assuming those spots account for echo's
then we'll have 69 unique fighters
nice.

I'm combining 3 theories/rumors to compile the short list of characters that are possible in the base game.

THE LAST ECHO

Based on the box, there can only be one more echo on the side that isn't showing. And it can only be an echo of a character that's numbered 54-61. So from most likely to least likely:

Ken (Ryu)
Medusa (Palutena)
Zack Fair (Cloud)
Celica or whatever else Mage class Fire Emblem character (Robin)
Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Any other choice (Echoes for Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt, and Shulk)

So this mean's echo possibilites like Funky Kong, Ninten, Black Shadow, Big Boss, Dixie (as an echo at least, Semi-Clone is still on the table but it might be like that anyway because of Isabelle), and Shadow the Hedgehog are all out of the running for the base game at least.

THE LAST NEWCOMER

Now the last newcomer comes to three different things. Once again the box theory, Verge's rumored character, and also... a music theory that's been going on where noticably a different franchise has been the music of the week each time. As some are saved for when their newcomer is revealed. Again from most likely to least likely:

Gen 7 Pokemon (Rumored heavily, most speculated to be Incineroar)
Elma (Would fall in line with Isabelle and Inklings being more recent characters. Sakurai's also a Xenoblade fan)
Tails (No this isn't just tinfoil hat theory because Tails happens to be my most wanted. Sonic music still has yet to show up. So there's the possibility Tails is our last base game newcomer if neither a Gen 7 Pokemon or Elma is it)
A non-echo Kid Icarus Newcomer (Maybe still Medusa but still done like Isabelle?)
A non-echo Earthbound character (Porky? Masked Man?)

This is all assuming the most major theories/rumors right now are true so feel free not to take this as gospel. But if there's only two left with one as an echo an one a unique/semi-clone. This is our pool of characters right now.

I do think Geno might be our Smash 4 Mewtwo of this game being the first DLC character though at least.

I still think Geno is going to be in the base game. It would shock me if everything Sakurai said about liking the character and wanting to add him since Brawl still skips out on the main game here.

Yeah Geno is a lock at this point. He's even continue the trend of Mii costumes becoming playables. So far Inklings, Chrom, K. Rool and Isabelle are the newcomers that were previously Mii costumes.

I have something to say for the Black Knight. He was apparently replaced with someone else in the background of Castle Siege, meaning that he might actually be in the game in some way. My guess is he's gonna be a boss. Mainly because he wouldn't work as an echo of Ike since he is significantly taller, and as unique a character he would be, I think most people would be pissed to see "another Fire Emblem character" or "another sword fighter". And why would they bother changing the background a bit if they weren't doing anything significant with that? So Black Knight will probably be a boss.

I heard that the character in the background of Castle Siege isn't actually the Black Knight but is some sort of generic enemy, a General according to Smash Wiki. The design is similar but not identical to the Black Knight.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I still think Geno is going to be in the base game. It would shock me if everything Sakurai said about liking the character and wanting to add him since Brawl still skips out on the main game here.

It shocked people Mewtwo wasn't in the base game when people outright asked about Mewtwo right in front of Sakurai.

But that's exactly why I think Geno might just be our first DLC character.

What I think the last UNIQUE fighters will be:
Bandana Waddle Dee
Isaac
Incineroar/Decidueye
Geno
Banjo and Kazooie

What I think the last echoes will be:
Dixie Kong
Impa
Medusa
Ninten
Ken
Shadow

At least there's a zelda character.

Any zelda character that's not another Link/zelda/ganon=good addition.

supermariofan said:
What I think the last UNIQUE fighters will be:
Bandana Waddle Dee
Isaac
Incineroar/Decidueye
Geno
Banjo and Kazooie

What I think the last echoes will be:
Dixie Kong
Impa
Medusa
Ninten
Ken
Shadow

I think all of your newcomers besides Incineroar/Decidueye aren't coming base game. But Geno might well be the first DLC character at least.

And all echoes in that set besides Ken and Medusa are discounted as of the current box theory. Though again there could be echo fighter DLC. (Though after Isabelle, Dixie might be a semi-clone)

I'm not really convinced on this theory personally, but if it is real, then the last two newcomers are probably Incineroar and Ken.

I don’t think there will be “1 more Newcomer left” like people are saying. I think there could be 3-5 left. In October we could get a Pokémon rep and in the last Smash Direct in November they’ll announce a few more.

Back