Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

predicting Incineroar

it'll be skull kid probs
that said i really hope they spend a minimal amount of time on smash this direct

Yeah we already got full-blown directs only about Smash, I don't want the directs to be only about Smash all the time.

Could either be Skull Kid or Gen VII Pokemon, or even Bandana Dee. I'd be happy with either though.

You know with all the Decidueye and Incineroar speculation going on, it would be pretty hilarious if Sakurai actually went out of the way to put Primarina over the two (which however won't happen, let's be real, just thought I'd mention that for my own comical relief). Might not be a Gen VII Pokemon for all we know though, I mean Gen III or V haven't got any reps yet.

Not gonna lie, I think Inceinroar is going to be the most boring, uninteresting newcomer reveal if it was to be true.

I don't really care what moveset it has, I just hate how it looks and that I'd rather have pretty much any of the other speculated Pokemon over it. Even Primarina would have been more interesting.

I agree, Incineroar is trash.

Pokemon Company is so entitled and petulant and a massive ass-prick to developers to not only Smash Bros. but Super Mario Maker, I think I'd rest easier if Pokemon didn't get any new content ever again.

I actually think Primarina is a good choice though, Squirtle is the only Water type so far, and both are pretty different from each other.

Besides, with Primarina's physical shape to work with, they would have to come up with an interesting moveset.

Although I still like Decidueye better.

Anyway

https://sourcegaming.info/2018/09/05/no-such-thing-as-bad-music-in-a-great-game-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-562/

"It really makes me think there’s no such thing as bad music in a great game."

I mean I do beg to differ. I don't think anyone wants to listen to 25m's BGM especially over the other good songs in 75m, unless they're being ironic or whatever (even then that wears down quickly).

Still, the number of music in this game IS impressive and that there will probably be at least one song you'll really like, at least one for each stage, even.

Lucario said:
I actually think Primarina is a good choice though, Squirtle is the only Water type so far, and both are pretty different from each other.

Besides, with Primarina's physical shape to work with, they would have to come up with an interesting moveset.

Although I still like Decidueye better.

Edit: I forgot Greninja.

But hey, look at it this way. Both Charizard and Incineroar are powerhouses who look like wrestlers, while Squirtle is a tiny turtle that squirts water, Greninja is a frog Ninja, and Primarina is an elegant mermaid-like sea lion.

Obviously they won’t spend much time on Smash, they’ll just show off a character or two like they did in other Nintendo directs before Smash 4 came out.

If Ultimate is going to be in the Direct, I would like to see what the teased mode is.

I'd be fine with Skull Kid, I'd be ecstatic for Bandana Dee or any other Kirby character, and I'd have literally no hype if Incineroar is announced.

I'll probably be okay with anyone.
Though I hope the star aligning and Kumazaki's lottery tickets cause Dark Matter to be revealed

Russian Baby Luigi said:
...there will probably be at least one song you'll really like, at least one for each stage, even.
To be fair, you really don't have a choice for Midgar.
Also, it's ironic you say that considering how "My Music" was overhauled in this game.

hoping that, at the most, there's one reveal trailer and thats it
there's been an overload of smash info since e3 and i feel like its too soon after the smash direct to have more about it right now
i also wouldnt be opposed to no smash at all tbh but i dont think they could do that without causing a riot on the internet

I'm expecting one character trailer at the very end. Nothing more. Something like the direct where Rosalina was announced. Expecting anything more is asking for too much imo.

Sakurai hasn't retweeted the Direct announcement like he usually does, so I'm not expecting anything Smash-related.

JC said:
Sakurai hasn't retweeted the Direct announcement like he usually does, so I'm not expecting anything Smash-related.
Has he ever tweeted anything Smash related pre Nintendo direct for Smash 4 other than the obvious Smash directs?

supermariofan said:
JC said:
Has he ever tweeted anything Smash related pre Nintendo direct for Smash 4 other than the obvious Smash directs?

Yes, and the occasional "Hey, there's a Direct coming, nudge nudge" Miiverse post.

Back