Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Mewta said:
Interesting bit of triva: Castlevania is the first third party franchise to have more than one character and the first franchise since Melee with Fire Emblem to have more than one character from the series debut in the same game as the series itself.

Fine with me, Castlevania is one of the greatest video game series ever.

My thoughts on the characters:

Simon/Richter - completely neutral on

Chrom - ok with, not surprising

Dark Samus - hyped for

King K. Rool - very hyped for

Moldomré said:
would look and see Dixie beckoning them to help her fight K. Rool.
Not too confident in Dixie announced in E3 since two reps of same franchise in the same time rarely happens. Maybe next time, tho.

Remind me we're not getting many new girls (not counting echo/skine). If not Dixie hope we'll have Mona or Ashley.

Dorayaki said:
Moldomré said:
Not too confident in Dixie announced in E3 since two reps of same franchise in the same time rarely happens. Maybe next time, tho.

Remind me we're not getting many new girls (not counting echo/skine). If not Dixie hope we'll have Mona or Ashley.

If Dixie's an echo fighter though. That may not be such a problem. Chrom even showed they don't necessarily have to echo off just the character they are assigned to as an Echo (He has both Roy and Ike moves)

Dorayaki said:
Moldomré said:

Ashley had been deconfirmed and is an assist trophy. I think a second Wario rep is very unlikely.

To see Simon Belmont appear is a bit of a shock personally. K Rool on the other hand I saw coming from a mile away.

I don't where to begin, everything's just so great.
The Dedede fake was beautiful as well, as was K.Rool's Final Smash (DK Island got Neo Bowser Castle'd).
Also, Classic Mode's approach this time around looks cool. Makes me wonder what everyone's runs will be called.
I'm still hoping for Dark Matter, but I'm cool with the roster as is.

ALL HAIL KING K. ROOL

8)

The only other additions that would get me just as hyped are Banjo-Kazooie and REGGIE. But K. Rool's addition is an overdue and welcome character in my books.

Most of the third party representation are from the most popular third party published games on Nintendo consoles. The Belmonts and Mega Man from NES, Ryu from SNES, Sonic and Bayonetta from more recent generations. Banjo and Kazooie (ignoring licensed characters) are probably now the biggest characters to appear on a Nintendo console. However Rare’s being owned my Mircosoft has prevented them from appearing. In the past I would of absolutely of ruled them out of appearing but considering Nintendo’s work with loads of other third parties and getting their characters inas well as Nintendo agreeing with Mircosoft to introduce cross play between the Swith and Xbox One for Minecraft then I think there’s now a genuine chance but I wouldn’t get your hopes up for it.

yeah no ashley was expected lol

but im okay with richter who is like the castlevania rep i never knew i wanted, he's cute
K. Rool's trailer was excellent as well

i'm probably more bummed about there being no rhythm heaven stage or much of anything else, assuming each fighter has a home stage and all of the stages have been shown off (103 stages rounded to 100 looks very good on paper for them not to compromise)

but holy shit chrom!!! (i hope robin's new final smash summons grima)
and dark samus
and all of those stages and QoL adjustments and stuff

this will be the best game of all time

Honestly with all veterans, Ridley and K. Rool in now, this roster is perfect for me. There's other characters I'd like but anyone else is just icing on the cake for me. Though Ashley and Captain Toad being out of the running now still sucks. I had high hopes for them.

I will say, the focus on fan demanded characters tells me this is the best chance characters like Isaac and Geno have ever had.

NSY said:
Ashley had been deconfirmed and is an assist trophy. I think a second Wario rep is very unlikely.
Geese I forgot that. :'( I wouldn't mind another Wario girl come in, tho.

Solid Snake said:
R.I.P playable Captain Toad
Nice :'( I wonder if this is a call for enough Mario reps with Daisy and KingKRool.

NSY said:
Most of the third party representation are from the most popular third party published games on Nintendo consoles. The Belmonts and Mega Man from NES, Ryu from SNES, Sonic and Bayonetta from more recent generations. Banjo and Kazooie (ignoring licensed characters) are probably now the biggest characters to appear on a Nintendo console. However Rare’s being owned my Mircosoft has prevented them from appearing. In the past I would of absolutely of ruled them out of appearing but considering Nintendo’s work with loads of other third parties and getting their characters inas well as Nintendo agreeing with Mircosoft to introduce cross play between the Swith and Xbox One for Minecraft then I think there’s now a genuine chance but I wouldn’t get your hopes up for it.
I think the boss of Microsoft (Philip Spencer?) already gave his blessing for them to appear if Sakurai wants.

UQ2BuQj.jpg

xsLczT1.jpg

The major adjustments between June 13 version (top) and August 8 version (bottom), besides the recently announced newcomers:
-Mii Gunner is now below Mewtwo
-Mii Brawler is now above Mii Swordfighter
-Diddy is now behind Sheik
-Young Link is now in front of Shulk (Richter takes Young Link's place)

Solid Snake said:
NcWgvNY.jpg

R.I.P playable Captain Toad
RIP my chances of seeing my favorite character ever being rep in Smash

My brother is pretty happy about King K Rool tho :0

Here is some justice for Roll and Maria Renard.

I really want these two characters.
They need to be female representations of Castlevania and Mega Man respectively.
Maria needs to be in her SOTN design while Roll can be in her classic design.

Klump: King K. Roooool! Your royal roughness! Supreme Scaliness?!

*K. Rool fusses around in his room*

Krusha: He’s in a baaaad mood.
Klump: My news will cheer him up el pronto. Sir! General Klump reporting! I have some news and it is in the A1 rank of importance sir!
K. Rool: Klump! Didn’t I say no news, no calls, no tyranny until tomorrow?! It’s a bad villain day!
Klump: Uhhh But sir, I...I really think you’re gonna like this—
K. Rool: Listen you incompetent Cretin! I want to be left alone! That means no one! Nothing! No interruptions!
Klump: But sir I really think you’re gonna like this news! It’s regarding Smash—
K. Rool: GOOOOO AWAAAAAAYYYY!!
Klump: Guess we inform Sakurai that he’s not interested in Smash Bros.

*K. Rool enters with skepticism*

K. Rool: Smash Bros? *Klump shows letter from Sakurai to K. Rool* I hold victory, success! *laughs* At long last, I, King K. Rool am a new character in Smash Bros! *Laughs evilly*

King K. Rool being revealed is pretty damn amazing, so glad he got in.

Though Brinstar Depths reveal is the thing I'm actually hyped most about for whatever reason. Right LGM?

These new characters are really cool, but I'm also excited for the other gameplay stuff.

I'm so glad that finally we can save a custom ruleset for the game. All changes are at a simple button press (but I am hoping for the ruleset can be saved as the default ruleset for the console).

Final Smash meters seem really cool, and seem like a great way to keep everyone on their toes even if there's one really good person playing in the party. I'm also glad they made it less powerful than a regular Final Smash since constantly getting Super Sonic would not be so pleasant.

Squad Strike seems like a beefed up version of All Star Smash from Project M (in which you change characters after each stock), and if we get a little more specific, the final battle of Smash Tour where all of your characters are put as a stock. I liked All Star Smash so I might try this one out but I'm fine with sticking with the same character.

Smashdown definitely seems fun. Instead of just picking your mains, now you have to constantly randomize your choices. Seems like a lot of fun (and a lot of "HEY YOU PICKED MY CHARACTER" moments).

Tourney Mode is back, which me and my friends had a lot of fun with, so that's a plus too. (rotation please?)

Also glad Training mode got beefed up and will now display knockback and juicy stuff like that. Maybe they'll do hitboxes too??

All in all I'm glad they're catering a lot more to the competitive scene while adding more stuff for the casuals to have fun with. I'm more competitive but in the event I'm having a party I'm sure these modes will spice things up and keep people from getting bored.

We need a better stamina mode.

And that stamina mode should return the yelling characters make when they die because that's fun, but not so fun in Smash 4.

Back