Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

i really hope dark samus has a "prime 2 final boss" skin

that would be so dope

cWSXXLv.png

also kraid looks so good

King K Rool hasn't been in a game for 10 years, guys. Mario Super Sluggers was his last appearance. Let that sink in. Don't ask what it wants.

Squad Strike is pretty much how my brother and I tried to use tourney, but now we don't have to worry about having our selected characters duel each other.

supermariofan said:
That has to be a new Story Mode they blurred. Saving that for another Smash Direct in November I’m assuming.
The option's green, like Smash Run and Smash Tour, and isn't tucked away under Games & More like how Adventure Mode was under Solo in previous games/Classic is under Game & More.
I might be wrong, but I don't think it'll be an Adventure Mode.

ThatGuy62 said:
supermariofan said:
That has to be a new Story Mode they blurred. Saving that for another Smash Direct in November I’m assuming.
The option's green, like Smash Run and Smash Tour, and isn't tucked away under Games & More like how Adventure Mode was under Solo in previous games/Classic is under Game & More.
I might be wrong, but I don't think it'll be an Adventure Mode.
Why would they keep that mode a mystery? I don’t think people really care about that mode, so hyping mystery mode up only to reveal it as the one mode that got mixed reception is really not worth hiding.

Someone enhanced the image and manages to see the mode is called "Spirits". That's very vague though and hard to tell what it is from that name alone. But it's likely not exactly a return of Smash Run or Smash Tour. My guesses currently that it is some kind of take on an adventure mode that includes bosses and stuff. But kind of doubtful it's a big story mode of any kind on Subspace's level.

ey

Smash Run on Switch would be all the hype dude

I think a neat use of amiibo that don't have playable characters is scanning them gets you their trophy instantly, we already know Waluigi and Shovel Knight will have ones, so it makes sense, plus it can add stuff like Tiki and Chibi Robo to the game without making them playable.

- Simon Belmont is in, which means that one leaker was right. Also having two characters from one 3rd-party series is actually pretty significant. I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow gets revealed as a Sonic Echo later.
- Chrom and Dark Samus aren't very surprising choices for Echos. Oh yeah and Fire Emblem is now tied with Pokemon for 2nd place in number of reps (if you count Pokemon Trainer as one character). Hoo boy.
- That's a lot of stages, man. And all of them are available for 8-player Smash. I know a certain pair of users are happy about that...
- There's so much music; it's beautiful. I mean, with all that Splatoon music, I hope we're getting Tidal Rush! It was also a good call to make music from a series play at all stages from that series.
- It makes way more sense for Stamina to be with Stock and Time than where it was before.
- Final Smash Meter was unexpected and it reminds me of other fighting games. I wonder whether or not it will be used in the competitive scene?
- Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy and that means my top 4 most wanted fighters are confirmed as Assists and I am officially dead inside.
- King K. Rool is lookin' pretty cool. That was a great trailer, and it looks like they're taking a lot of inspiration from his games for the moveset. The non-echo newcomer roster for this game is looking very strong (if not exactly appealing to my desires). It's just hit after hit with Inkling, Ridley, K. Rool, and to a slightly lesser degree, Simon Belmont.

Northern Verve said:
Someone enhanced the image and manages to see the mode is called "Spirits". That's very vague though and hard to tell what it is from that name alone. But it's likely not exactly a return of Smash Run or Smash Tour. My guesses currently that it is some kind of take on an adventure mode that includes bosses and stuff. But kind of doubtful it's a big story mode of any kind on Subspace's level.
Some people are saying that Spirits is a story mode where instead of collecting trophies, you’re collecting spirits. If it is Story Mode then that sounds like it could be a more enchanting and soothing story mode with elegant artistry that could make Terrence Malick Cream his pants instead of the dark broodiness that was Subspace Emissary.

List of stages from past games that are not in Smash Ultimate (source: Smash Wiki and my mental skills):

64:
Planet Zebes
Sector Z

Melee:
Mushroom Kingdom
Mute City
Icicle Mountain
Poké Floats
Flat Zone

Brawl:
Rumble Falls
Flat Zone 2
PictoChat

3DS:
Rainbow Road
Pac-Maze

Wii U:
Woolly World
Jungle Hijinxs
Pyrosphere
Orbital Gate Assault
Miiverse

Czario said:
List of stages from past games that are not in Smash Ultimate (source: Smash Wiki and my mental skills):

64:
Planet Zebes
Sector Z

Melee:
Mushroom Kingdom
Mute City
Icicle Mountain
Poké Floats
Flat Zone

Brawl:
Rumble Falls
Flat Zone 2
PictoChat

3DS:
Rainbow Road
Pac-Maze

Wii U:
Woolly World
Jungle Hijinxs
Pyrosphere
Orbital Gate Assault
Miiverse
Of those I am hoping for Sector Z, Poke Floats, Rainbow Road, Pac Maze, Jungle Hijinx, Orbital Gate Assault And Wooly World

Sector Z is probably not in the avoid redundancy with three Great Fox stages

Pac-Maze had a gimmick that could only be pulled off by the 3DS
Flatzone 1 and 2 are not needed since we have Flatzone X
Miiverse is dead and wasn't very pleasant in Smash(Seriously, first time I played I saw a penis)
Pyrosphere is weird now that Ridley is playable
As for Rumble Falls and Icicle Falls ... people just don't like those stages

I'm almost 100% satisfied with these returning stages. Pokefloats would have been fun for the meme, but I'll live.

I will say though some of the stages cut from Wii U are a bit odd. I would have thought Orbital Gate, Woolly World, and Jungle Hijinxs were locks.

i will only be completely satisfied when i find out if they are really gonna recycle voice overs for the Mario females.

Peach is mysteriously mute along with Daisy and Rosalina during all the gameplay.

I think we won't see any flat out Smash based Direct again till near release, it might get a segment or a trailer in a general Direct, but Smash can't be the only thing they show with the remaining months ahead.
I can see Echo Fighters being revealed on the site, while brand new fighters are treated as more of a special event.

One thing about voices is that we're stuck with DK and Diddy having real animal noises, as heard in King K Rool's trailer. Maybe Bowser and King K Rool would have real growling noises.

It seemed like they gave K. Rool generic animal noises like they did Bowser and the Kongs. I mean even if he hasn't appeared in a while, he has better voice clips than that, come on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU_J4FhY-Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2C5temSaUU

Or his cartoon voice of course, if they'd go that far

according to nintendo, he apparently is ok

https://twitter.com/NintendoUKVS/status/1027210656821469184

still though can't believe they could do this to luigi, i'm in tears writing this

Mewta said:
Miiverse is dead and wasn't very pleasant in Smash(Seriously, first time I played I saw a penis)

For me on my first play, I was playing as Luigi and it contained a swear word. Not to mention the ones that said (insert character name) sucks. I saw some funny ones too, when I was playing as Doctor Mario one time, there was a post that showed Doctor Mario brushing Wario's teeth. I'm glad that the stage no longer has posts in it. It won't be in Ultimate since it was shut down.

Johnny Five said:
It seemed like they gave K. Rool generic animal noises like they did Bowser and the Kongs. I mean even if he hasn't appeared in a while, he has better voice clips than that, come on.

Or his cartoon voice of course, if they'd go that far

If you are gonna use his voice at least use the good one. The one from DK64 thank you very much.

saltypepper said:
according to nintendo, he apparently is ok

https://twitter.com/NintendoUKVS/status/1027210656821469184

still though can't believe they could do this to luigi, i'm in tears writing this

5eb5ef1c68b91bd8d9885a4f765031b5.png

gamespot asking the real questions here

Back