Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

What I would love in the beginning of that direct is they would recreate the character showcase like they did at E3 but make it entirely on newcomers. But I can’t get my hopes up for that.

supermariofan said:
What I would love in the beginning of that direct is they would recreate the character showcase like they did at E3 but make it entirely on newcomers. But I can’t get my hopes up for that.

That would likely mean they're revealing the rest of the roster right then and there though. Feel like they may at least want to space it a out a bit.

Or Sakurai is sick of leakers, says screw it, and just reveals the whole roster.

Not that something like that would happen, but imagine.

I've probably mentioned this too much already but there's still something inside me that's holding onto the hope that they'll suddenly reveal Waluigi as the obligatory character who no one expected, but with the difference that he was unexpected because he was apparently de-confirmed instead of the previous unexpected choices like Wii Fit Trainer and Mr. Game & Watch who no one expected period. I'm not getting my hopes up though, since this is really unlikely.

As far as other more realistic reveals I'd like to see, I'd be happy if it were Shovel Knight. Rayman or K. Rool would be cool too.

Moldomré said:
Anyway, on the bright side, PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one going back to Sm4sh for training.
Nope, you're not.

When I first got Smash Wii U back in 2014, I didn't really get into it much. Especially considering that I got Mario Kart 8 the same day. There was some fun multiplayer action, but I was never really a fan of fighting games. It did introduce me to the Kirby games though, and I should give it credit for that; I even remember getting on the game just for the Kirby's Adventure demo.

When Smash Ultimate was first revealed in the March Direct, I wasn't really that hyped. I mean, no one knew anything about it other than the Inklings. But in the June Direct at E3, I was so hyped for Smash Ultimate that I grabbed my copy of Smash Wii U and thought, "Better make up for lost time!"

Moldomré said:
I mean, I'm hyped and all, but a full length Direct with just Smash...isn't appetizing.

Anyway, on the bright side, PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one going back to Sm4sh for training.
im kinda exicted but tbh this is probs just gonna be about 40 minutes of gameplay/new modes that i dont really care about and then an actual character trailer at the end so i'd rather have a regular direct too yeah

Czario said:
I've probably mentioned this too much already but there's still something inside me that's holding onto the hope that they'll suddenly reveal Waluigi as the obligatory character who no one expected, but with the difference that he was unexpected because he was apparently de-confirmed instead of the previous unexpected choices like Wii Fit Trainer and Mr. Game & Watch who no one expected period. I'm not getting my hopes up though, since this is really unlikely.

I don’t know about Waluigi, but the point you bring up about the unexpected characters is something I've been thinking quite a bit about with Ultimate. Melee had Game and Watch, Brawl had ROB, and Smash 4 had Wii Fit Trainer. At this point, having a character no one's really expecting feels a bit like tradition. While I'm not expecting many additions to the roster (and don't really think there needs to be many), I'd like to see at least one unexpected reveal along the lines of these previous characters.

Eh, if newcomer spots are really small this go around, I'd rather they focus on hyped and demanded characters like K. Rool, Isaac, etc.

Weeeell, using Waluigi is the only way they can have an unexpected character and a hyped and demanded character at the same time, so...

Czario said:
Weeeell, using Waluigi is the only way they can have an unexpected character and a hyped and demanded character at the same time, so...
Wait, so you're telling me people don't want Tingle?

Tingle would be hype and a much better choice than Waluigi.

Really I'll take any Zelda newcomer. Impa, Ganon, Tingle, Skull Kid, Tetra, someone.

You know, I used to support Tingle... but then I realized he really had no reason to be playable. I mean, yeah, he had his own obscure games, but there are a lot of better potential Zelda newcomers than him. I wanted Midna, but of course she's also still stuck as an Assist...

Solid Snake said:
Czario said:
Wait, so you're telling me people don't want Tingle?
Tingle is actually hated in these parts, if it's still true today.

Outside of the triforce holders, the only real reoccurring characters are Impa and Tingle. Sakurai seems to avoid one off characters who aren't the protagonist of their own game. The only exception I can think of is Sheik, and she started as part of Zelda's moveset. Tingle has been in five main series Zelda games, had cameos in others, playable in Hyrule Warriors, and has three games of his own. He's certainly qualified.

if sakurai is adverse to adding studly men like waluigi to smash, theres no way tingle has a chance

I unironically want Tingle in the game. Make it happen.

I'd be so disappointed if Zelda does get a newcomer and it's just some loser like Vaati, who is popular for some reason (being a pretty boy? being an edgelord?).

I see a lot of hope for Simon Belmont and Ashley to be revealed tomorrow, but I have my doubts about it.

A lesser known feature from Sm4sh that I want in Ultimate would be the ability to attribute control changes to different names to use while playing (E.G., B and Y are only swapped if you select the name "Waluigi")

I can't say Tingle isn't qualified, but he never has a very important role in the games, so he'd be really out of place when all we have now are the Triforce 3 and their variations. Of course, any character would be a little out of place, but I feel like a character who actually had an important role in a main Zelda game fits better. That being said, I wouldn't actually have a problem if they did add him; it'd be more amusing then anything else.

Honestly, I think the one-offs are the best choice for a Zelda newcomer. Impa's role also never feels very important with the exception of Skyward Sword and I just find the character boring. Ganon could work but I'm just not that big on the idea, maybe because I find Ganondorf to be cooler than the big blue pig monster. Therefore, I would prefer having one-offs. I think the best choice of these would be Midna & Wolf Link, followed by Tetra, Skull Kid, and Ghirahim in that order (others such as Vaati aren't good choices imo). I would put a BOTW character, but there being four Champions makes that impossible since you can't have all four and you can't have only one.

A lot of people think that Goku will get in, but he didn't come from a video game, so that is out of the window.

Czario said:
I can't say Tingle isn't qualified, but he never has a very important role in the games, so he'd be really out of place when all we have now are the Triforce 3 and their variations. Of course, any character would be a little out of place, but I feel like a character who actually had an important role in a main Zelda game fits better. That being said, I wouldn't actually have a problem if they did add him; it'd be more amusing then anything else.

Honestly, I think the one-offs are the best choice for a Zelda newcomer. Impa's role also never feels very important with the exception of Skyward Sword and I just find the character boring. Ganon could work but I'm just not that big on the idea, maybe because I find Ganondorf to be cooler than the big blue pig monster. Therefore, I would prefer having one-offs. I think the best choice of these would be Midna & Wolf Link, followed by Tetra, Skull Kid, and Ghirahim in that order (others such as Vaati aren't good choices imo). I would put a BOTW character, but there being four Champions makes that impossible since you can't have all four and you can't have only one.

I dunno, multiple in one character works for Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers. Maybe it'd work for the BotW champions. If not, add them as separate characters!

Re: Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Switch

Alex95 said:
Heh, we're both not 100% satisfied :P
My guess would be that he's objecting more to the cut than the addition.

I'm glad Bayo isn't cut. She needs nerfs, not an outright cut.

Back