Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

infinite8 said:
I really liked how they modernised their classic N64 design. Better than that design from a certain game by Microsoft.

The odd thing is that the side characters and Gruntilda are more appropriately designed. It's pretty much only Banjo and Kazooie that are unnecessarily realistic.
D83lbIYXkAEbUbQ.jpg
D83lbSVXUAEm5FM.jpg
D83lb0FW4AAW5Fr.jpg

Thank you for reading.

Many remakes and redesigns are plagued by the developers deciding to make completely unnecessary design changes for said design changes' own sake, especially if they outright clash with the establish aesthetic. HAL Labs understands that this is hot garbage and doesn't do it, but I am concerned about the upcoming Spongebob remake as it seems to be diving headfirst into this pitfall...

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Many remakes and redesigns are plagued by the developers deciding to make completely unnecessary design changes for said design changes' own sake, especially if they outright clash with the establish aesthetic. HAL Labs understands that this is hot garbage and doesn't do it, but I am concerned about the upcoming Spongebob remake as it seems to be diving headfirst into this pitfall...

Out of curiosity, but are there any accounts of the HAL developers mentioning their decision to stick with a consistent design (interviews would do), or is this something you assume since HAL's IPs never gone to that direction?

Thank you for reading.

Bandana Waddle Dee said:
What would a realistic Kirby even look like? A literal ball of cotton candy?

That would be the best case scenario, given how other people interpreted a realistic Kirby.

Thank you for reading.

I'm refering to "Other than Kirby, HAL Labs makes Smash and they never do anything like that aside for like Battlefield and Final Destination, which aren't characters."

The only example I can think of is them giving Dedede those tan drapes, which they ended up using in the main series anyways.

I'm refering to "Other than Kirby, HAL Labs makes Smash and they never do anything like that aside for like Battlefield and Final Destination, which aren't characters."

The only example I can think of is them giving Dedede those tan drapes, which they ended up using in the main series anyways.

What you have mentioned sounds interesting. This is from one of Sakurai's journal entries, isn't it?

Thank you for reading.

HAL hasn't been involved with the development of the series since Brawl.

D-RCUJPUYAA_rP-

D-RCUJMUwAAduDI

D-RCUJNU8AAY2qI

I have no idea if this is a bug or some weird mechanic with how spirits work. These numbers were not because of a series bonus boost, as I was using the Dark Emperor with DK and K Rool

I know I'm much more excited for Banjo, but I guess it's pretty nice that Hero is coming after maybe a few weeks or so.

Dragalge said:
I have no idea if this is a bug or some weird mechanic with how spirits work. These numbers were not because of a series bonus boost, as I was using the Dark Emperor with Disgusting Ape and K Rool
Now I have a better look, I think variables are characters you use having maybe their own power versus an opponent with varying powers that caused that disrespecancy.

Toadgamer said:
I know I'm much more excited for Banjo, but I guess it's pretty nice that Hero is coming after maybe a few weeks or so.
Hero got really overshadowed.

Ah shit I also realized I have to repatch my data.arc reinject my mods with updated offsets. :p

So his entire moveset is Mr. Game & Watch's down-B on steroids?

This would be interesting.

I think you mean side-b, but yeah. And I didn't like Game & Watch's side-b all too much, and actually preferred more of the more consistent alternate moveset in Smash 4 where each number just means how many hits; became a multi-hit move, but the number 9 still hits hard.

Still, I like consistent characters.

The problem is that his Down Special has completely different moves. A Suicide K.O., a Reflector, a Recovery, elemental attacks, an ability that causes a random effect, turning metal, and projectiles. Mr. Game & Watch was some what consistent, with the only differences being damage, an elemental attack, a healing attack, and a self damaging attack.

Some things about the down b are pretty cool, like the speed or attack buffs (even though Shulk had that). My problem about it and maybe Hero in general is the fact that the MP mechanic can be confusing and hard to use, considering some moves can be stronger depending on if you hold the button or not, but it also wastes more MP. Kinda like a mix between Robin and Ryu. I can't lie tho, critical hit seems to be pretty strong.

Overall, he looks fun to use and I'll definitely play as him sometimes.

So there's that move that KOs a Metal Hero instantly, but due to how this works, this is so ridiculously situational. So does it do something else to normal characters?

Still looks nice. RNG may look punishing at times but I think I'll grow used to it. I have a way of understanding AIs.

So I guess his down-B is randomized each time. That adds an unused aspect of luck to Smash (except when using items of course). Should be pretty interesting.

So, sometime tonight he'll arrive I assume, like Joker?

I'm downloading him right now. Thankfully the servers don't seem to have any issues like the last time.

Back