Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

BWbvKo0.jpg

I always imagined a hypothetical Spiral Mountain stage having a smash taunt with Bottles. Anyone else think there's a chance now?

Was I the only one confused when they showed all the Dragon Quest peeps? I guess the others are alts.
Banjo's great looking, don't know anything about him but looks to be quite the fun character.
As the only person who wanted Steve from Minecraft on here...I'm good. The guys we got were incredible (and far more requested than Steve).

saltypepper said:
Seeing Nintendo just make two fanbases happy really gives me high hopes.
Oh wait
> Reggie: Characters you will not expect in Smash will be the DLC
I respect the result but I feel Reggie pretty much eats his words.

I just hope that thanks to Ultimate, K. Rool (and even possibly Banjo and Kazooie) start appearing in more Mario spinoffs. My heart would explode if they were announced for Mario Kart 9. K. Rool is somewhat likely (we got Funky Kong already), but because of Diddy Kong Racing, you can maaaaaaaybeeeeeeeee conclude that Banjo-Kazooie takes place in the same universe as Super Mario, and it would be great to get that confirmation.

This would then mean that Conker's Bad Fur Day also takes place in the Marioverse, thus making Conker the Mario equivalent of R-rated Deadpool.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Aw crap I missed it again

Still, frickawesome news there. if any character deserved a spot, it's Banjo. :D

I was underwhelmed, but I'm glad that other people are happy. Honestly nothing so far has beaten Cloud's SSB4 reveal for me. Even Ridley, whose reveal I thought was awesome but somewhat predictable.

Not Ephraim.

But I'm still very happy. Banjo was TG's and most people's most wanted, and considering how TG reacted to the trailer, I can see how y'all cried during that.

So yeah, congrats on being alive today to witness this big day.

I had a pretty lukewarm reaction to Hero, but Banjo was super hype, especially since after they showed Hero I had decided that was our character and we weren't getting another, and was slightly disappointed after all the buildup to Banjo. The rest of the Direct was just trailers I didn't care about, except for Luigi's Mansion 3 and (I guess) Mario & Sonic. SMM2 was only in the sizzle reel lol. But Banjo stole the direct definitely. I've never even played B-K but they definitely made the right call with which MS-owned character to add, Banjo and Kazooie are Nintendo characters in most fans' hearts and seeing them reunited with the DK crew, in a follow-up to K. Rool's trailer at that, was amazing. I almost want to try and get Banjo-Kazooie now.

DRAGON QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST!!!!!!

Candy Heart said:
just bummed we don't get the women version of Erdrick and Solo

Yeah, that's a shame. But hey! Four characters for the price of one!

Also, Banjo and Kazooie is here, and that is just amazing. Microsoft is credited in Smash Bros. now!

im hyped for banjo for the stage and grant kirkthrope compositions

Like many people here, Banjo is a seriously inspiring addition. I am able to identify some of the references to the original Banjo games, such as their apparent Final Smash where the Jinjonator is summoned. Even in the end, King K. Rool fell down and created a hole shaped like him, followed by a rock falling and burying him (a reference to the first Banjo-Kazooie where the main villain met the same fate). Speaking of this, it seems weird to me that King K. Rool is sleeping peacefully with the Kongs, which is something that only Smash will do.

Thank you for reading.

Out of the 5 DLC playable fighters, the three of them that are revealed are all third party: Joker is from Atlus who is in turn from SEGA, Hero of Dragon Quest is from Square-Enix (more specifically, the Enix part) and Banjo Kazooie are from Rare (who used to be 2nd party but is now 3rd party thanks to Microsoft). I feel that the next two will most likely be third party based on the pattern.

On the other hand, I am glad that there is no Fire Emblem DLC fighter this time, based on the timing on the latest Fire Emblem game (it releases next month) meaning that there is no room for a Fire Emblem character in the DLC roster (unless a curve ball is thrown later on).

Thank you for reading.

I haven't cried of happiness like this since August last year, and I'm so happy that Banjo made it in. Can't wait to see the full music list for the Spiral Mountain stage

Hopefully it means Microsoft can allow Rare to make games for Nintendo again, or better yet, let Nintendo buy Rare from them like what Saban did with Power Rangers from Disney.

It's kind of weird to think that with Banjo and Kazooie's addition, Shovel Knight's now crossed over with them and their would-be successors Yooka and Laylee. I can easily imagine SK losing track of all his guest appearances and wondering where he's seen the two before, and/or what the Battletoads might or might not have to do with it.

Back