Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

So Free For All has some changes. Not major changes but in terms of final results. We went from “This game’s winner is...” to “The winner is...” to just cutting the bullshit and getting straight to the point by saying “So and so wins!”

No Brawl was “The winner is...”. Ultimate doesn’t build that suspense it just goes straight to the point by saying “Ridley wins!” Not “The winner is...Ridley!”

Hey as long as we get dem sweet victory animations with the nice background effects I don't mind that change all that much.

Although it's weird why they went for that.

I wish the clapping was like back in Brawl/Melee/Smash 64 where you'd actually see those characters in the background, not offscreen or not even present (like in the 3DS version).

supermariofan said:
So Free For All has some changes. Not major changes but in terms of final results. We went from “This game’s winner is...” to “The winner is...” to just cutting the bull*bleep* and getting straight to the point by saying “So and so wins!”
That makes it worse. I don't really see why did that. :???:

Note that it's not some gameplay footage from Gamescom. It's just gameplay footages, captured by the SSBU devs.

And also K. Rool footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLnjibehdU

EDIT: The Japanese version pronounced K. Rool as "Cruel", while the English version pronounced as "Kay-Rool".

supermariofan said:
Also wow, K. Rool gets his own victory theme! I wonder if everyone gets their own victory theme?

Would be cool but I doubt some of the characters even have that kind of theme to accompany them.

Besides, even Meta Knight and Rosalina had their own victory themes in Smash 4, despite already being part of a represented series that has another theme.

supermariofan said:
Also wow, K. Rool gets his own victory theme! I wonder if everyone gets their own victory theme?

I mean, it's technically possible to do so in Smash 4 because I think all characters come with their own victory song files. Like, if you add a song called "snd_bgm_DrMarioVictory.nus3bank" (to paraphrase the file name), you'll get a victory theme unique to Dr. Mario.

that's not something too special, in 4 many characters had unique themes such as Bowser and Rosalina despite being from the Mario series.

Also the english version of this video confirms they are indeed reusing many voice clips from Smash 4 outside of Mario characters.

Lucina keeps her Laura Bailey voice clips in this.

Hope to see Rosalina and Luma in action soon

I'm still waiting for a Lucario Final Smash that's not Mega Evolution. Or just implement Bone Rush into his moveset somehow.

^^Look at that pipe dream.

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html

gear up for more fire emblem content

There is a storied history, not just with Nintendo, but with gaming in general. I feel like Smash celebrates all aspects and avenues of game so here are some franchises that I think should have some representation, either as playable characters, ATs, or trophies.

Crash Bandicoot

Spyro

King of Fighters

Tekken

Assassin’s Creed

Suikoden

Phoenix Wright

NiGHTs

Professor Layton

Banjo-Kazooie

Tekken

Brazzers

Tomb Raider

Uncharted

Crazy Taxi

Worms

Bonk

Saint’s Row

Twisted Metal

LEGO

Devil May Cry

Conker

Endless Ocean

Wild Arms

What do you guys think?

Smasher said:
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html

gear up for more fire emblem content

Not even kidding, literally just yesterday when I was playing Heroes I was thinking, "What if the home menu theme somehow got into Smash but sped up to suit a match?"

Now I just need Epic Yarn / Woolly World's composer. (I know David Wise isn't in, unfortunately.)

BirdoFan87 said:
There is a storied history, not just with Nintendo, but with gaming in general. I feel like Smash celebrates all aspects and avenues of game so here are some franchises that I think should have some representation, either as playable characters, ATs, or trophies.

Crash Bandicoot

Spyro

King of Fighters

Tekken

Assassin’s Creed

Suikoden

Phoenix Wright

NiGHTs

Professor Layton

Banjo-Kazooie

Tekken

Brazzers

Tomb Raider

Uncharted

Crazy Taxi

Worms

Bonk

Saint’s Row

Twisted Metal

LEGO

Devil May Cry

Conker

Endless Ocean

Wild Arms

What do you guys think?

Some of these things you mentioned have no history with Nintendo at all like Uncharted, Devil May Cry, Twisted Metal, Saints Row, Wild Arms, And LEGO did not start as a video game.

Back