Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

52e.png

ffs

This game has everyone in it. It has over 80 stages and even more if you count the Battlefield and Omega forms. New mechanics. New items. An immense soundtrack. Pretty much everything a fan of this series could want. It's the Ultimate Smash game.

But no, let's harass the man who made it all possible because our meme character didn't make the cut. Don't buy it if it pisses you off that much.

Hell, I'm more bummed about Bomberman. But it's not worth losing sleep over or attacking the man about it.

the worst part about all of this is that it might not have entirely been his decision to make

there was probably a whole group of people thinking about who to put in and who didn't make the cut and shit, yet he's getting blamed because he's the brain child of smash

waluigi was created by some peep called Fumihide Aoki who may or may not hold the rights to waluigi, maybe they couldn't get their permission

maybe miyamoto had something against it? maybe it was fuckin' reggie? who fucking knows, and who fucking cares

they have no way of telling whether it was entirely sak's decision not to include the character, if it was him at all, they're just piling on him with no more information other than he masterminded the game

It certainly wasn't his decision to make. It is certainly a decision made by a group of people who discussed at length about the roster and they came to an agreement. I'm not sure how character creator rights fall into here, but I don't think I've ever seen overly protective behavior of Waluigi, at least not on the same degree as how the Pokemon Company are with their precious pocket mutants. I think the developers decided he's just not important or interesting enough as well as not easily fitting over other characters, and it's easier to just recycle him as an Assist Trophy, so that's what they did. Maybe they have second thoughts, but they, shrugging, thought it had to be done.

Weasel said:
This game has everyone in it. It has over 80 stages and even more if you count the Battlefield and Omega forms. New mechanics. New items. An immense soundtrack. Pretty much everything a fan of this series could want. It's the Ultimate Smash game.

mods tho

Does anyone else feel sad that the transformation Final Smash are losing their playable status? I can probably understand why this change has been made though, since some of the transformations can be considered too powerful to have roaming around for more than 10 seconds.

I just acted like an idiot on Nathaniel Bandy's discord channel.

Waluigi fans were saying "Literally no one wanted Daisy in Smash."

So I chimed in. "I did. So did every other Daisy fan."

Their reply? "Yeah, all three of you."

I didn't like that. I got in an argument and got worked up. I need to go outside. :-[

They need to stop burning their bridges if they want to look good in comparison to the rabid Daisy fans.

Classic goalpost moving. If their statement gets negated, they suddenly mean "oh no we meant *higher bar to clear*"

The problem is, I think I tapped in to my inner memoryman3 for that argument... it wasn't pretty.

I actually swore. I never swear unless I'm really really REALLY upset.

Video game characters. All over that.

I was more upset over their blatant disrespect of the Daisy fans (actual people) and their blatant hypocrisy, which they also denied.

I understand if people really care about a game or whatever--people can spend their energy getting excited or disappointed about whatever they like. The thing is, that shouldn't give them the right to flame people online over this shit. Sakurai is a pretty young guy and he and his team really tried to give people something every fan could enjoy. Yeah, no Waluigi is a bit of a goofy meme and we can joke about it. But it helps literally no one when people get fuckin insane about it online. Not only does it discourage him from feeding the rabid Waluigi fans, but it also discourages him from making the fuckin game at all.

If you are one of the people pulling this shit, just calm your tits for a moment and think about how this has literally 0 effect on your life. Go get a Red Robin burger and be happy with what you got.

Roller said:
Yeah, no Waluigi is a bit of a goofy meme and we can joke about it.
Funny, this was one of the things that made one of them the most pissy. He didn't like when people said Waluigi is a meme.

To dedicated Waluigi fans:
There is a reason Waluigi is not a main fighter in Smash Ultimate. It's because he's too busy with other, more important things... like entering a moonwalking contest. He only had enough time to be the rarest Assist Fighter in the game.

Seriously, what we have is already waaay plenty. Also, I don't know, but Waluigi at least APPEARS in the game, could've been worse. Could've been scrapped as an assist trophy and not appear at all.

Never knew there existed this kind of people among Waluigi fans. It's like they're rising from the dead or something. These guys are absolute douches. It's like asking someone for money after you've stole it all. Which is what bullies do.

So Source Gaming is in the process of translating a column on Smash Ultimate from Sakurai.

There's already an interesting tidbit

The Project plan was finished in December 2015

That's a decent amount earlier then most were predicting. It doesn't bode well for the base game chances of characters like Rex & Pyra or Spring Man for characters that are currently rising stars on the Switch. They may have to be DLC.

If there's a 2nd Xenoblade rep in the base game, it will probably be Elma from Chronicles X. Also a Gen 7 Pokemon newcomer will have to pull off a Greninja (Getting in just by concepts sent to Sakurai)

The place where the project plan was finalized also is good timing when it comes to Ballot characters. So characters that were high on the ballot should have great chances.

So it's 2015 and not 2016 like a lot of people predicted. Interesting. This helps some characters like Elma, but I'm pretty sure this kills Rex and Pyra's chances before DLC. Gen VII is still up in the air. Decidueye was the favorite, but then Lycanroc looked a lot more possible because of his huge role in the anime, but now it might be too early for that. This'll be very interesting. We may not even get a gen vii pokemon. We may not get any pokemon till DLC which might be a gen viii rep.

>major Mario nerfs to d-tilt and u-tilt and d-throw while Mario's nemeses outside from Cloud gets no nerfs

0rqQWlY.png

Northern Verve said:
I'm shocked
that was a lie

Any recent game reps were going to be DLC at best anyway, there was already translated stuff from smash 4 about what stage in development the roster is decided with exceptions being rare (Roy/Greninja). I wouldn't even bet on a second xenoblade rep for this game until potential DLC, they have the data from the ballot to see who is really wanted and with limited time for new characters they'll have to make them count.

I do love seeing people moving goalposts to keep their favourite choices in the running to be added despite a date being confirmed.

So, regarding Hyrule Warriors, it's a third party game with first party based characters and Koei so far isn't involved in any way, this will also keep out Fire Emblem Warriors characters and possibly Tokyo Mirage Sessions(Thought since Sega owns Atlus now, this a bit more possible) and is probably the reason why Pokemon Mystery Dungeon doesn't have anything in Smash games, copyright is a weird thing

This is the same thing that prevents Geno from regularly showing up.

You know, honestly, Geno as assist trophy would be pretty sick actually. Could be a step in bringing him into the series, but he's not that much of a top priority if you know what I’m saying.

But damn this game actually got me interested in Smash thanks to that trailer. Before, I was like "Oh Smash, that thing where various characters fight each other, yeah...". Well not anymore.

Mewta said:
and is probably the reason why Pokemon Mystery Dungeon doesn't have anything in Smash games
I thought it was Chunsoft property. But I do find it weird that Mystery Dungeon soundtrack isn't there. There's some good stuff they had.

Iron Man said:
But damn this game actually got me interested in Smash thanks to that trailer. Before, I was like "Oh Smash, that thing where various characters fight each other, yeah...". Well not anymore.
it's still a thing where various characters kick the crap out of each other and earn SD penalties for killing their friends :)

Back