Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

https://twitter.com/allsourcegaming/status/1011735373674840064?s=21

Not all stages are gonna return.

That's a sad thing, but a lot of my favorites have already returned. I do feel disappointment coming from whatever doesn't return, however.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
https://twitter.com/allsourcegaming/status/1011735373674840064?s=21

Not all stages are gonna return.

That's a sad thing, but a lot of my favorites have already returned. I do feel disappointment coming from whatever doesn't return, however.

I would only hope they’d bring back Venom, Planet Zebes, And Sector Z.

I'm really hoping for Mute City from Melee. I know Port Town is more or less the same thing but it's no cigar.

im wholly convinced poke floats will not return

because we're gonna get poke floats 2 with avalugg omega form

My (unlikely) hope is that this just means duplicates like the old Flat Zones and one of the Pictochats, and probably Miiverse.

As long as Fountain and Poke Floats make it back, I'm good. I could live without stuff like Rumble Falls and Mario Bros.

I feel like if they do bring Poke Floats back, they'll replace a lot of the Pokemon or just give us a new version of it since there's more than just Gold/Silver this time, and in turn a lot more Pokemon. I'm curious to see what they'll do since it was a pretty fun stage due to how unique it was.

I hope Onett returns so my brother and I can renew our old favorite pastime from Melee, that we like to call "Pichus Getting Hit by Cars." We just take four level-9 CPUs, make all four Pichus, and pit them against each other on Onett.

Maybe even with eight Pichus this time!

J-Yoshi64 said:
I hope Onett returns so my brother and I can renew our old favorite pastime from Melee, that we like to call "Pichus Getting Hit by Cars." We just take four level-9 CPUs, make all four Pichus, and pit them against each other on Onett.

Maybe even with eight Pichus this time!
They did bring Onett back. (As well as Fourside. YES!)

Captain America said:
I could live without stuff like Rumble Falls and Mario Bros.
I need Rumble Falls 8 player Smash.

The only thing that needs to be gone are those thorns, or at least they're weaker.

supermariofan said:
That’s bullshit. I always love the star and screen ko more than the typical ko. I can’t believe they would change it and make it rare.
ikr

and you know, Star KOs don't happen at all in some stages, which, again, is a pretty dumb change

Oh boy. I'm anxious about the Paper Mario stage now. It's all good if we get a new PM stage but if not, the old one needs to come back.

JC said:
Pit actually screams "I never learned how to read" like in Uprising for his star KO and it's great
Good, we need good Star KO noises. Male Wii Fit Trainer's is A tier.

The new way they spin like that is great too. I wonder if Kirby, Ice Climbers, and Wario are also changed.

Gamefreak75 said:
Noisy Notebook from Snipperclips has been added to the music selection.

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html

Its lack of symbol likely means it won't get a stage so it's probably going to play on some random stage.

My favorite track is still Vega's theme.
Oh man rip the Snipperclips as playable characters.

My favorite track on the website is either the Breath of the Wild remix, or that amazing version of Brinstar Depths.

supermariofan said:
Wait a minute...If there’s a Paper Mario STAGE....... *fingers crossed* come on come on come oooonnnn!!
Nah man, Captain Toad first.

But in actuality, Sakurai seems hesitant to add spin off content from any series outisde of occasional music tracks. Aside from Mario Kart (the biggest spin off of all time), we almost never get Mario spin-off content. We never get Pokemon Ranger or Mystery Dungeon stuff either. Hyrule Warriors content remains to be seen but I doubt we'll get anything from that either. I just don't think Sakurai considers Paper Mario that important to represent. The fact that it even got a 3DS stage is a miracle which probably only came about because of Sticker Star.

Fun thought about the Mario series. Let's say for this insane hypothetical, Ultimate is a game that has along life span and is constantly updating and everything that follows builds off of it. Well Captain Toad is almost a certainty and let's say for the sake of argument he gets a Captain Toadette skin a la Olimar and Alph. Now, in this constantly updated platform, Waluigi would eventually be promoted and added. Now in the secanrio, most the of the major Mario cast. The core 8 from MK64, Daisy, Waluigi, Junior, Diddy, and Rosalina, plus Toadette. You know who the biggest Mario character after all those guys is?

Yep, it's Birdo. We're only two character additions away from Birdo getting added and that actually makes me happy. You could argue the Baby bros but I see them as Yoshi reps.

I like all the music but that new Brinstar Depths version is probably the best track so far, it's great

as for stages I'm not too surprised. obviously I would have liked to see just about everything return (apart from maybe Miiverse/one PictoChat/the older Flat Zones), but there's a few others that I still have a feeling might not return. I have some favorites missing so hopefully there's still a pretty good amount to go

I hope they’ll make Classic Mode the way it has always been before Smash 4. Just simple fighting a random character mixed with break the targets, fighting Multi Men, and ending with the fight with Master Hand...Along with the return of Race to the Finish if that’s not too much to ask.. I do like the addition of trying to win a trophy, sticker, coins and custom moves after each fight, that’s a nice touch.

New song! It's from Snipperclips, judging by the generic music note, we aren't getting a stage or fighter.
But look at this way, this started as just two guy fun project, to think you would get in Smash in any form must be incredible.

If they do return Mario Bros., I want the stage to wrap around like it does in Balloon Fight (would help improve maneuverability) and tone down the egregious caves of life in there by removing ceilings here and there.

So a fun thought and potential expansion of the meaning "Everyone is here". What if Sakurai chose to revisit some scrapped characters and concepts from past games. The biggest and most likely examples being Dixie Kong and a Rhythm Heaven character (likely the Chorus Men based on Gematsu). It would be cool if for this celebration of all things Smash, Sakurai chose to dig some old ideas that never saw the light of day.

If this is his last Smash game, I can see that happening, to have Sakurai give his fullest potential into this game's roster (not that he hasn't already)

I just realized. The characters returning from Melee will have new taunts.

My hype for obscure irrelevant stuff continues! :lol:

Back