Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Iron Man said:
Guys... is there normally a red hammer item in another Smash Bros or in Bowser Jr's moveset?

Because... I think I saw the Eekhammer from Sticker Star with Bowser Jr. in his individual trailer. It even behaves the same, repetitive but seemingly weak hits.
Kinda late, but the Eekhammer has always been Jr.'s pummel.

Something I wonder: if Waluigi were to be playable, who would be the character that will be seen as a "missed playable opportunity"? For the moment disappointment for Waluigi is huge so he's viewed as the most logical inclusion that isn't included (as we know for now).

The one to fill that vacuum is tricky mainly because some potential newcomers are not seen so we don't know of their status so Captain Toad, King K. Rool or even Shovel Knight are still up in the air. That leaves us with Bomberman, who while I think is in an OK position for now, I can feel that some people are disappointed about. I am going to be naive and say that nobody is next in line for character disappointment (it's certainly how I felt anyway).

Thank you for reading.

I will say, King K. Rool not making it into this game would be incredibly disappointing. I can't be too upset with every past character and Ridley, but the theme of this game seems to be fan service, and King K. Rool is probably the most demanded character worldwide. After Sakurai said that Ridley got in partially due to fan demand in the west, he was to be aware of how wanted K. Rool is worldwide. He's one of the last remaining major Nintendo characters yet to make it in, and with this likely being the last Sakurai led game before a reboot, it seems like now or never for him.

I think we're getting five more new characters not including echoes.

1. King K. Rool
2. Simon Belmont (that leak is looking pretty accurate)
3. Bandanna Dee
4. Ashley
5. One other. Maybe Captain Toad or a pokemon?

Rayman got a freaking trophy in Smash 4 and Rayman fans thought it was some teaser and turns out it's not, and there was even a great fake that didn't do anything better.

Then again, most likely not all newcomers have been revealed, so there still is a faint spark of hope I guess.

I'd barely expect one more newcomer let alone 5.

But you know, suddenly that makes it 1000 times better for me, even without Waluigi.

Man sure hope the roster in the end comes as close as your prediction as possible. Not that it isn't great already, but hey, why not?

I expect one or two more First-Party Newcomers (Toad and Bandanna Dee?), and a Third-Party Newcomer (most likely to be Rayman). We could get more, but I'm not counting on it.

I'll admit, it's an optimistic roster (well not the most optimistic, as I would put Impa as an echo over Shadow but I feel like he's inevitable). Just a prediction. I'm already satisfied with what we have.

Rex just screams DLC to me if we get it.

A few days ago, I did up my own post-E3 speculation roster.

super-smash-bros-ultimate-speculation-roster-png.148307

Confirmed characters are sorted by series, followed by their number value from the Super Smash Bros. website. The Mii Fighters are positioned at the very last slot, due to their unique customization features. Fighters with a magenta border are the echo fighters, and they're placed next to the fighter whom they're mimicking.

If you're wondering about Gardevoir, at this time, there's no evidence of it being a Poke Ball Pokemon.

Roster total adds up to 75; Pokemon Trainer counts as 3 fighters, while the Mii Fighters use a single roster slot.

Screw it, they should just go the Koopaling route or something, where every "color" is an existing trainer :)

that would actually make sense since all the trainers have similar proportions

unlike jr and morton

The Koopalings don't even need to be forced into Bowser Jr.'s skeleton in the first place. They could've adjusted the Jr. skeleton to better fit their build while retaining the animations (yes, that's possible but it needs more tweaking so since Jr. was a last-minute addition, there wasn't enough time to do this).

That's true, but it could introduce some buffs and nerfs specific to a slot because of a different skeleton. Hitboxes are attached to bones and all, anyway.

Unlocking all trophies is going to be a huge pain in the ass.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Unlocking all trophies is going to be a huge pain in the ass.
My body is ready.

CTZnRB9.png

Mr Saturn confirmed?

Xander Mobus will be the announcer again from what I heard at GameFAQs, but I doubt it.

i think he just needed to say some new lines for characters because they are reusing his smash 4 voice clips for everything else-

Back