Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Of all the stages in the past Smash games, the one I'm certain won't return are the Miiverse stage, which is basically pointless now and would just rub it in.
Flatzone 1 and 2 might not return if we get Flatzone X, which I'm certain we will.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
supermariofan said:
Sunshine Yoshi said:
supermariofan said:
Well I’m late on what happened a few pages back (I haven’t been coming to this site that often), but here are my top 10 most wanted newcomers:
10. King K Rool
9. Crash Bandicoot
8. Spyro
7. Dragonborn
6. Rayman
5. Travis Touchdown
4. Simon Belmont
3. Sub Zero
2. Sora
1. Banjo Kazooie
None of them made it, sorry.
You know the game is not even out yet right?
Yeah, but they announced the characters for the game, and there are only two newcomers: Inkling and Ridley. Daisy doesn't count.

They may add some surprise newcomers, but it's very unlikely. This game's roster is focused on returning all 63 veterans (plus Echo Fighters), and it accomplished just that.
Knowing Sakurai, I don’t trust that. He says that, but does something else, he says that, but does something else. He says his goal is to bring All returning fighters and he accomplished that, and he ends with “I hope you weren’t expecting too many new challengers.” I think what he means with that statement is “I hope you weren’t expecting too many new challengers TODAY.” He’s probably making more and more new characters and we don’t even know it. He’s like the Hitchcock of video game developers.

"We're kind of hoping you aren't expecting too many new challengers" basically says that there's still more to come, just not necessarily as much as we've seen in the past. We've got about six months before the game comes out, there's still more to be shown.

I bet we see at most like five more newcomers. DLC is a total wild card though, if there even will be any.

With how much fan service is in this game and how Sakurai mentioned that Ridley got in because of fan demand, I can totally see K. Rool happening now.

Changelist of characters seems to be here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sms3uEX5tfVDOObQBzilUhiPmRpv1GvBj_ZccTZFcBs/edit#

Mario nerfs :<<< said:
- Can't combo off of Dthrow with uptilt spam
- UpTilt has more ending lag
- Jabs have more knockback
- Throw combos, just not as easy
but u-air and n-air and d-air comboes as well as jab cancel + grab, I do hope remain untouched

f-tilt and forward-throw need a buff goddammit

also please do something about his allergy to opponents' disjointed hitboxes, it's depressing

also can't wait to mod over that trash Brawl voice again while the dumb gumball Kirby gets new recordings again

Guys... is there normally a red hammer item in another Smash Bros or in Bowser Jr's moveset?

Because... I think I saw the Eekhammer from Sticker Star with Bowser Jr. in his individual trailer. It even behaves the same, repetitive but seemingly weak hits.

That hammer is his pummel, I'm guessing.

Princess Mario said:
Changelist of characters seems to be here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sms3uEX5tfVDOObQBzilUhiPmRpv1GvBj_ZccTZFcBs/edit#

Link’s changes seem to be mostly buffs, though that may just be personal taste.
PAC-MAN also got buffed, which I’m happy with.
[quote author=42. R.O.B.]- Down throw now grounds[/quote]
Down Throw was one of R.O.B.’s best moves due too how easily you can perform combos with it, so it upsets me to see any combo opportunities completely removed from it.

May I just take the time to salute our royal cuties?

PeachSSBU.png
ZeldaSSBU.png
RosalinaLuma_SBBU.png

Zelda has definitely changed from being someone who looks too serious, to someone who actually feels highly charming to look at.

Thanos said:
>putting in the fan ridiculed princess daisy
>not putting in fan favourite WAAAAAAAluigi

Hey Thanos.

Do you have the reality stone yet? Because if so, I think we can put it to good use, for the greater good.

That roster needs to be balanced.

So people have been able to piece together a stage list of a whopping 84 stages. YouTube comments tell me there have been 115 over the course of the series. Sakurai, the mad man that he is, may actually include every stage minus redundant ones like the first two Flat Zones and just give us Flat Zone X.

As long as Fountain of Dreams and Poke Floats make their way in, I'll be content. Brinstar Depths would also be really cool.

I hope single player goes back to its traditional routes. I don’t want to play a game of chess or choose a correct path, it’s more fun when it’s random.

Somebody was fooling around in photoshop one day and....

Captain America said:
So people have been able to piece together a stage list of a whopping 84 stages. YouTube comments tell me there have been 115 over the course of the series. Sakurai, the mad man that he is, may actually include every stage minus redundant ones like the first two Flat Zones and just give us Flat Zone X.

As long as Fountain of Dreams and Poke Floats make their way in, I'll be content. Brinstar Depths would also be really cool.
All stages should be available in 8-player Smash

Ideally with hazards intact but also toggable for those that don't like 'em

Stages hazards are confirmed to be toggable. But for some reason that also includes the moving Platforms on Saffron City and Wily Castle, which is weird.

hd7ub886l1411.png

Here's the current stage list.

Princess Mario said:
Captain America said:

All stages should be available in 8-player Smash

Ideally with hazards intact but also toggable for those that don't like 'em
Yeah, I agree with all the stages being in 8-player smash, so the fire marshal won't complain. :bowser:

Captain America said:
Stages hazards are confirmed to be toggable. But for some reason that also includes the moving Platforms on Saffron City and Wily Castle, which is weird.
Yeah but I was thinking how Smash 4 removed the hazards in the 8 player Smash version, and wasn't fond of that. I've played the "unintentional" way where I was rocking with 8 players and stage hazards like on Gamer and that Jungle Hijinx stage on and it's hella fun, so I like to see full featured stages for 8-player Smash as well as the option to remove the hazards.

Captain America said:

hd7ub886l1411.png

Here's the current stage list.
As for unconfirmed ones I'm hoping come back, I'm holding out for Paper Mario's return (especially if they don't add a new stage for the series focusing on mainly the first 3). I'm also hoping we get Rainbow Road remastered. MK7's Rainbow Road is one of the best Rainbow Road designs, and even though it made sense to have it in Smash 3DS, Rainbow Road is just something I want on console. Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise and Yoshi's Island Melee are classics and it would be a shame if they're gone. I also hope Mario Bros. comes back. I know a lot of folks hated it, but I absolutely had so much fun throwing the enemies at opponents and seeing how hard they hit.

Also, I can't believe Pac-Land is confirmed while Pac-Maze isn't. It should be the other way around tbh.

Back