Mario Kart Tour

I got the dude
Screenshot_2021-03-11-18-34-34.png

MKT_character_screen.png

it's weird how this game consistently places Kongs among the bad guys.

For one, there's the in-game driver selection (pictured above) where, for each of the silver, gold and amethyst classes, the "good guys" are listed first followed by the "bad guys". If this is not just a mere coincidence, why would Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong warrant being placed after Bowser, while Funky and Dixie wind up with the likes of Gold Dry Bones, Gold Dry Bowser and Sheriff Wario?

For two, Donkey and Funky Kong are featured as opponents in Vs. Mega challenges, as are characters such as Bowser, Koopalings, and Wario. As of this moment I can't name a Vs. challenge where you race against Yoshi, Rosalina, babies, or some other innocent face in the series.

I could see an argument being made that DK was, IP-wise, Mario's first nemesis, but why drag every other Kong with him? If K. Rool is ever added to the game, will he be placed next to Baby Rosalina?

Last edited:
I guess although he's not Cranky, they decided he's still one of Mario's rivals.
Take Mario VS Donkey Kong series for instance. That's not young Cranky in that series, no no, young Cranky didn't wear a neck tie.
The other kongs.. well we've never seen them oppose Donkey Kong when he's being a jerk.. so that's probably as far as that goes..
Though, I agree with you on the sentiment. Idk about Funky, however I know Diddy well enough to know Diddy would knock some sense in Donkey.

Last edited:
young Cranky didn't wear a neck tie.

Donkey Kong '94.

Now I'm curious what Diddy would have thought about Donkey Kong stealing toys and kidnapping Pauline.

"Hey big buddy, remember when the Kremlings took your banana hoard, and kidnapped you? It wasn't pleasant, right? What makes you think you can do the same to others?"

nowadays theyre very consistently allies if anything, with a few exceptions from mario vs donkey kong games. why is tour so weird about this ???

I have no objections with DK being a bad guy.

Actually, according to this official character book, the Donkey Kong we saw in Super Mario Odyssey is the current Donkey Kong. Nintendo retcon #5863378? And what about Cranky? Was another character Koopaling'd?

EDIT: here is the scan in case you want to scratch your head at this possible nonsense:
MCGGPB_Rivals.jpg

Last edited:
nowadays theyre very consistently allies if anything, with a few exceptions from mario vs donkey kong games. why is tour so weird about this ???

the developers exhibit "monkey hate"

I have no objections with DK being a bad guy.

fine by me but what did diddy & dixie do?

Actually, according to this official character book, the Donkey Kong we saw in Super Mario Odyssey is the current Donkey Kong. Nintendo retcon #5863378? And what about Cranky? Was another character Koopaling'd?

EDIT: here is the scan in case you want to scratch your head at this possible nonsense:
View attachment 10503

they can go screw themselves. og dk is cranky, modern dk is his son (not grandson!) and that's that.

Boy I spent a lot of my rubies on the kart pipe. Got some awesome rides!

New Tour in 1hr, Yoshi Tour!

Woah

59FD7A55-D60D-4F25-A1E3-5E38B6B89EB6.png
4C79B5CA-0D2A-447E-8FEF-546F77B4F062.png
CB30E9F2-4879-4254-8593-5EAF214661CE.png

Didn't expect them to add two Yoshis like in the last Yoshi Tour and a new Super one at that - months had passed since the addition of the last Super driver. Thankfully, in my ranked cup I can actually get him in 6th place, so I don't need to sell a kidney to add him to my roster - odd for Mario Kart Tour. Also, about time we got another Turbo Yoshi, now we'd need the blue and black one...

Plus we also got the unexpected...
8EBE28FE-1520-4B56-ABB5-C0957542C4CB.png
AE3ED471-2028-4989-B4C2-E91406932929.png

(oh yeah, don't read too much in that male adjective, like in Pokémon male is used as genderless, even for species in which all the specimens are female)

Nintendo has been inconsistent about that for years, this is nothing new.

White Yoshi! How unexpected. I'd have thought Yellow Yoshi and Light Blue.

32160CF5-C92A-4E67-9EB3-379E8EDA4B7C.jpeg

Got White Yoshi!!!

View attachment 10697
This isn't even as powerful as it can get
If you get it to level 7 and get Baby Luigi, the Pipe Buggy and the Piranha Plant Parafoil (or even just one of these 3) to level 7 as well you'll find level-boost tickets of all types in the Daily Selects in place of the Normals you maxed, you're almost there!

Last edited:
Back