Mario Kart Tour

Mister Wu

King Bowser
Wiki Administrator
Heh, in this sense having snowboarding DK in DK Summit makes more sense, basically the barrel cannon was the main DK aspect of that course...

in any case, there is some wondering on whether there’s still some issue with Rare as far as the current appearance of DK is concerned. Said appearance was consistently credited to them, and at this point among the most recurring drivers he’s the only one who is still missing an alternate costume.

Mariomaniacs

Helllooooo Dr.!
I'm now realizing the issues people have with MKT, auto-acceleration and.. well that's it. It's not too much an issue, in console MK's I don't really ever find myself taking my finger off the A button except on the very rare occassions of Lakitu dropping me, for that mini boost.

I find it particular but perfectly fitting of Nintendo, to have no ads in their mobile games. They wouldn't want to risk children getting mature ads, so they scrap ads all together. But it is very particular for a free mobile game to have no ads, and I love it.
I suppose they make up for it by having probably the highest top notch quality mobile games on the market, thus insuring people pay money for bonus content. Pretty devious of Nintendo to get into irl gambling for children, but it makes sense on a morally corrupt capitalistic venture.

Now, my compliments.
After playing MKT, I feel it could be the true MK9. Afterall 7 & 8 included portable mk's in their counting.
And Tour certaintly, absolutely is a fully detailed Mario Kart game, on every aspect, every mechanic.
You could argue "it doesn't let you go out of bounds" but eh, that's not really a deal breaker if you ask me.

Mister Wu

King Bowser
Wiki Administrator
I’m still of the opinion that gacha should be banned altogether - replace it with stupidly high prices if you still want pay2win to have free2play, but at least keep it away. Gambling is people- and family-ruining, and nobody should be exposed to gambling-like mechanics, even though gachapon is a common machine in Japan.

As far as how Mario Kart Tour is viewed by Nintendo, they present it on their site as the ninth Mario Kart game. Effectively, its directors and producers are from Nintendo, and Nintendo was involved in low level aspects such as camera and security. Much like in MK8 Bandai Namco was involved as well (also in the creation of many Bonus Challenges) and the infrastructure is clearly provided by DeNA (I’d hardly be surprised if they also designed the monetization system). When looking at the internal data, the courses are clearly from the Mario Kart 8 team, as their names follow the naming conventions of that team, complete with a “mob” platform code for the newly introduced courses. And effectively, most of the assets and mechanics (look at the half-pipes) can directly be ported to other Mario Kart 7-based games, and there’s little reason to think that the next console Mario Kart game won’t be Mario Kart 7 based (keep in mind that Super Mario Odyssey is based on the Super Mario 3D World engine, game engines are not that gameplay-limiting nowadays).

Luan Loud

[laughs] "Get it?"
F*** yeah, Team Peach wins!

"YEAH! Lynn-er, Lynn-er, chicken dinner!"
-Lynn Loud Jr.

Finally, it's over. I was really not looking forward to the Peach vs. Daisy tour back when it was first announced because I thought that everyone would choose team Daisy and that Peach wouldn't stand a chance. I always believed that Daisy was the more popular character, but I guess I was wrong, and boy am I happy that I was wrong. Team Peach forever!

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Daisy isn't more popular, she just has some really vocal and overly obsessed fans.

J-Yoshi64

Always remembering Walkazo

Mister Wu

King Bowser
Wiki Administrator
Actually, when a power-up form isn’t intended to eventually get a cup, they choose a generic emblem, so that’s what they did here. I’m more surprised at this point that they didn’t do that for Builder Toad.

J-Yoshi64

It's still Yellow Toad, not a red Toad.

Infinite8

Dry Bowser
yeah, like when blue-spotted Toad in 3D World aqcuires the Fire Flower and turns to his fire form resembling Fire Yellow Toad
and the Toad in 3D World is THE red-spotted, blue-vest Toad, but his spots are blue.

J-Yoshi64

Bowser probably