Mario Kart Tour

I think there will only be the core 8 Mario Kart characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, DK, Bowser, and Wario or Koopa Troopa). Like you said, it's simplified. Though I did find myself wondering if it might be a new Arcade game instead, with Pac-Man in the roster.
They might also only go with even fewer items, since Super Mario Run only has Mushrooms and Stars. I'm thinking Mushroom, Red & Green Shells, and maybe Banana and/or Star. Other than that idk. Maybe even fewer than that.

I am disappointed in the name, only because "Mario Kart Tour" would have been a great name for the Mario Kart for the Switch, if only because tour is synonymous with odyssey , because you know it's going to be heavily influenced by SMO.

Mario Kart but Pokémon Go and you race around neighbourhoods

Idk

J-Yoshi64 said:
I think there will only be the core 8 Mario Kart characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, DK, Bowser, and Wario or Koopa Troopa). Like you said, it's simplified. Though I did find myself wondering if it might be a new Arcade game instead, with Pac-Man in the roster.
They might also only go with even fewer items, since Super Mario Run only has Mushrooms and Stars. I'm thinking Mushroom, Red & Green Shells, and maybe Banana and/or Star. Other than that idk. Maybe even fewer than that.

I am disappointed in the name, only because "Mario Kart Tour" would have been a great name for the Mario Kart for the Switch, if only because tour is synonymous with odyssey , because you know it's going to be heavily influenced by SMO.

Maybe this would be influenced by SMR. World Tour is even a mode in that game. SMR was only limited in items due to it being played with one hand (and most power-ups would make it complicated), so if this follows that, then all items would be on the road or driving wouldn't be required to be touched.

I believe at most this will be a game similar to the arcade games. At minimum it probably be a slot car racing spin-off, similar to Streetpass Race, or a companion app to the console games.

The characters I wanna have in the game:

-Cappy
-Tiara
-Pauline
-Kirby (DLC)
-Meta Knight (DLC)
-Samus (DLC)

Tracks:
- Some Odyssey Kingdoms
- a track that goes straight
- a Kirby track (DLC)
- a Metroid track (DLC)

Vehicles:

- a vehicle shaped like the Odyssey.
- a vehicle shaped like a warp star (DLC)
- a vehicle shaped like Samus' ship (DLC)

I don't think this'll be as big a thing as MK8/ Deluxe. I'd expect those Odyssey characters to debut on a Nintendo console Mario Kart rather than a mobile one. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this just had the MK64 roster.

I hope this game would be good and successful. I can’t wait to see what courses will be on it and how the controls work!

How are you going to play Mario Kart on a phone????

We are gonna have the MK64 characters plus Daisy, Waluigi, Rosalina and maybe Koopa Troopa.

I don't expect anybody else making the cut.

Swiftie_Luma said:
We are gonna have the MK64 characters plus Daisy, Waluigi, Rosalina and maybe Koopa Troopa.

Me neither but I wish they would put Birdo in Mario Kart after 10 years :(

Swiftie_Luma said:

And like 200 different coloured Yoshis

or Shy Guys

Hey, guys, Nintendo's investor meeting is on the 31st, new info about mobile games tend to pop up there, maybe we'll see this?
My new theory is that you can make your own tracks by using a devices camera, that's where the tour part of the name comes from

i hope we get any info at all. its been long enough, plus isnt this release date in march slowly approaching?

fantanoice said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

And like 200 different coloured Yoshis

More like 200 metal clones.

Can't wait for Rusty Copper Luigi.

The metal cloning was done with only Mario and Peach.

Yet people are treating it like every single character is getting one. and that it's a really big deal.

why

Isabelle said:
The metal cloning was done with only Mario and Peach.

Yet people are treating it like every single character is getting one. and that it's a really big deal.

why
It's a meme. That's what the internet does. They take one small thing and blow it out of proportion.
Like how you only need one hand to count the number of games Daisy says "Hi I'm Daisy" in, yet the internet is convinced it's her catchphrase and some even say it's all she ever says.

Or how Mario ditches Yoshi in pits when it's the players that do that.

Metal clones actually are better than colored Yoshis, far less lazy than them.

Metal Mario rocks.

Also I do really want Rusty Copper Luigi.

Sorry for my unpopular opinion but...

I'll admit that I want Baby Luigi

I want a good game.

What? It's not like I have to worry about my favs getting in.

Just hope the game can be played without internet. That'll make it better than Mario Run.

Also, some non-Mario characters would be nice. I'd like Kirby or Sonic.

And I just hope the game doesn't have as much limited availability as every Nintendo mobile game that is not Super Mario Run.

Back