Mario Tennis Aces

Ok so, evil tennis racket that turns people into mummies.

But then we see all the usual Bowser minions and bosses.

Hmmmmmmm.

I never thought I'd see myself guessing the plot of a mario tennis game but here we are.

Mcmadness said:
Ok so, evil tennis racket that turns people into mummies.

But then we see all the usual Bowser minions and bosses.

Hmmmmmmm.
Clearly Bowser is after that racquet, believing that it will give him the prowess to finally beat Mario at Tennis.
Then it possesses him and turns him into the final boss.
And now watch when this turns out to be exactly what happens.

Knowing this series, probably.

*pats back for having such a great favorite character*

Looks amazing, cant wait to see more details on this story.

Also i can confirm now, that not only they are gonna reuse voices...

I was right in my theory ...

Rosalina's default voice is Laura Faye Smith but when she is doing something exclusive to Aces she will get Kerri's voice , so they are mixing up.

I dont think this is good but it really tells me they are not forgetting Rosalina's previous incarnation at all...

At 5:27 you can hear Rosalina saying Woo! in Kerri's voice when she perform her new technique and once again at the end of the trailer with the Lumas she gets Kerris voice back.

Overall, im so interested in the story mode first and im so happy we are getting another great tennis game.

Using an online translator, I have gotten a gist of the story from the Japanese site. Paraphrasing:

Wario & Waluigi bring in a mysterious racquet which Luigi somehow ends up with. It causes Luigi to disappear, along with Wario & Waluigi. Toad reveals that the racquet Wario brought is a racquet with the power to manipulate/possess people. Thus, Mario sets off to discover the truth about the racquet and find Luigi.

That seems to be the plot. It also has a slightly extended version of the cutscene where Luigi and the Wa trio transform.

Am i the only one scared that this may mean we only get to play as Mario in the story mode?

Cuz that would suck very hard.

good to have a story mode that takes great advantage of a large and varied playable character roster </s>

unless you can play as other characters like you could in super sluggers challenges, i have no reason to get excited over a mode where you're forced to play as mario

Mario Super Sluggers' story mode started out with only Mario being playable, but then you could play as others. Perhaps this works the same way. Plus, Peach, Daisy, and Toad were all there during the introduction to the story mode, so perhaps they're also playable from the start.

I noticed in the video that when the Piranha Plants got defeated they made the same sound as they do in Super Mario Sunshine.

I still don't like the Jr. Clown Car.

the jr clown car utterly broke bowser jr. in mario tennis ultra smash. the little junk of a machine made him completely overpowered.

Sad that Rosalina is not in the beggining of the story ...

However this increases the chances of some galaxy themed court maybe?

Maybe Rosalina is near that are or the ice area kinda like how Boo is in the mansion area...

J-Yoshi64 said:
I still don't like the Jr. Clown Car.
Sometimes I start getting tired of the clown car.
Then they do something like give it the claw from NSMBU and make me love it again.

Hmmm, I'm getting more and more interested in this game... It'd be my first Mario Tennis game if I got it. Too bad I'm nearly broke right now...

Swiftie_Luma said:
Am i the only one scared that this may mean we only get to play as Mario in the story mode?

Cuz that would suck very hard.
I'm not scared. I'm quite relaxed. Everyone is, I understand, scared.

Though I feel bad for feeling that way.

CamTro said:
We have a NSMBU-inspired Airship court!
Iggy Koopa's airship, looking all menacing in the background.... it'll be weird if the Koopalings aren't playable, but I don't expect them to be.

Plague Knight said:
Hmmm, I'm getting more and more interested in this game... It'd be my first Mario Tennis game if I got it. Too bad I'm nearly broke right now...
Oh boy you've been missing out. You missed out on a good portrayal of N64 Luigi. Luigi has a great voice in that game, so distinct from today's Luigi. You can also beat the crap out of Waluigi. There are also trophy cutscenes you shouldn't miss out in this one and in Mario Power Tennis.

Princess Mario said:
I'm not scared. I'm quite relaxed. Everyone is, I understand, scared.

Though I feel bad for feeling that way.

you shouldn't feel bad about it, but you shouldn't downplay my concern like that when i verbally voiced my disappointment towards you over a likely possibility.

like "i can play the story mode instead". sis, i want to play the game too.

Princess Mario said:
CamTro said:
We have a NSMBU-inspired Airship court!
Iggy Koopa's airship, looking all menacing in the background.... it'll be weird if the Koopalings aren't playable, but I don't expect them to be.
I'd be happy if it's just Larry, cuz he does supposedly have a tennis thing. If not, I sure hope they're in the audience, cheering their bosses/family on.

it's possible the koopalings could appear as npcs in the story mode.

So basically what this meant was that if you participate in the pre launch tournament you will get Mario's classic costume wheater you win or lose.

This automaticaly confirms alternate costumes for the actual characters and thats amazing.

The limitation of the tournament is that you only can play as Mario , Peach , Yoshi and Bowser.

hopefully there will be ways to unlock overalls mario on post-launch dates

Back