Mario Tennis Aces

My post was mostly criticizing how it was in Mario Power Tennis, the last game that had an item system before it was taken out, not your idea in general which I'm not opposed to.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

But that's correct re: the lightning bolt and Star. In Mario Power Tennis, the Lightning Bolt decreased your speed, reach, and power, while the Star increases your power and makes you invincible. It's really difficult to win a point in that set-up if you're on the disadvantaged side, which occurs too much for my liking.

I don’t understand what everyone has against the Mega Battles in Ultra Smash. They were the best part of the game, in my opinion.

It’s a shame that Aces is getting rid of power-ups. Those things are CRUCIAL to Mario Sports games.

I like Mega Battles, actually. It's just that this mechanic doesn't carry Ultra Smash.

The mega mushroom mechanic is horribly broken as it is heavily biased towards power type characters.

1 hit while big and playing as a power type = instant knock back/ instant Ultra Smash.

it really wasn't the best thing.

Though it did look really cool.

Swiftie_Luma said:
The mega mushroom mechanic is horribly broken as it is heavily biased towards power type characters.

1 hit while big and playing as a power type = instant knock back/ instant Ultra Smash.

it really wasn't the best thing.

Which I why I think adding in a whole bunch of other chaotic items will balance it out :P

Russian Baby Luigi said:
But that's correct re: the lightning bolt and Star. In Mario Power Tennis, the Lightning Bolt decreased your speed, reach, and power, while the Star increases your power and makes you invincible. It's really difficult to win a point in that set-up if you're on the disadvantaged side, which occurs too much for my liking.
You can easily turn back to normal with the Star or Mushroom, which aren't in shortage. If they return the item system, I think maybe they can keep the speed and power intact if you're tiny and maybe give you more transformation items, increase their frequency for disadvantaged players or just revert players to normal size and transformation once a point is scored.

I've said that, it doesn't always occur, that you need to get lucky with those items, and the CPU could thunderbolt you repeatedly. I don't think it's fun to cross your fingers to hope for a Mushroom and a Star to revert you to normal.

It's true, items are kind of annoying in the Tennis games. hHowever, items work surprisingly well in the Mario Golf games... So far I think it's only been implimented in Mario Golf World Tour.

You know, if they want to implement items in there, they can just put in Shells bananas and Mushrooms. Nothing else imo.

You know, this is the type of game where an item switch for this type of mode would be perfect.

Mario Kart has a bit more problems with it because it's placement-based but this game, since is not position-based, would be integrated nicely.

Imagine Mushroom + Star only matches. @.@

IDK I always liked how the Mushroom sped up the run animation AND rate of the panting noise your character makes in Mario Power Tennis.

Why doesn't your character pant anymore since Open?

Honestly, the thing I liked most about the mushroom in Power Tennis is how funny the charaters looked while running.

I heard that in London That they’ll be showcasing Mario Tennis Aces as well as other games as well.....hmm now I have to decided either to go there or to E3 lol!

When is E3? I’m sure it’s pretty close, but has the date of it been made official?

We’ll definitely get footage or a least one more trailer before E3, I’m sure of it.

Once E3 rolls around, we’ll probably get one last one before release

Given the costume bonanza in Odyssey, we better get the Tennis Aces outfit for Odyssey or else I call FOUL.

Back