Mario Tennis Aces

Yeah, I agree with you on that.

But that reminds me. They also mentioned that this game has alternate outfits too. Will they just be recolors or actually new models of outfits?

Rocket Raccoon said:
more like DOUBLE FAULT

Peter said:
They should have the outfits from VB Mario Tennis.
they're not as good looking, and they're a little bland and generic; Luigi doesn't look like he belongs on that body to me

but hell, they all need to be in Odyssey

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw-Ft5zRYOQ
[/youtube]

Thanks to Rif Raff , who always has the lastest news somehow.

This is like an extended preview of what we saw in the trailer, and you can see how Mario wall jumps his way to the top and perform the shot

Also notice how Mario's voice lines are different from the preview trailer (he says Here i go in the end of the trailer but in the actual footage he doesnt')

Furthermore Mario is using his Power tennis voice clips in the exact same order for the special shot, when he had that giant hammer...

it goes : ''hmm ... yah ... wo... WAHOOO!''

He says that much faster in Aces than in Power tennis tho , but its the exact same clips in the exact same order...

Now im much more curious for Rosalina.

No no no Camelot, this is not how that voice works, you idiots

I'm more curious if the replay really did remove the sound effects but if they did that would be a let-down, as Ultra Trash didn't remove the sound effects and that was great.

This game is Daisy’s chance to really shine and prove she is not a yellow Peach! Hooe that this game is a success!

let's not start this shit again.

I'm still hoping this game is good, I really enjoy 64 and Power but Open wasn't great and I avoided Ultra Smash entirely because I wasn't really interested in playing a tech demo.

I'll try out the demo or I'll forget about it completely. I think those are safe bets.

A new poster! It features the Daisy and Bowser artwork for this game!

ed2WiqJ.jpg

So the following characters got new art from Nintendo.

• Mario x3
• Luigi x2
• Peach x2
• Daisy
• Rosalina
• Bowser
• Chain Chomp
• Toads
• Lakitu

Flaming rackets make everything better.

Mcmadness said:
I was just going to ask if anyone else thought he was breathing fire! I want to see the full-sized version of that, it looks pretty cool. I think the Wario and Luigi artworks are new too.

So whats next, are people gonna start guessing the size of Mario's ass from this new artwork?

BBQ Turtle said:
Mcmadness said:
I was just going to ask if anyone else thought he was breathing fire! I want to see the full-sized version of that, it looks pretty cool. I think the Wario and Luigi artworks are new too.

The Wario one is an in game model but the Luigi art is new!

Mcmadness said:
So whats next, are people gonna start guessing the size of Mario's ass from this new artwork?
He has multiple artwork ([1][2][3][4][5]) people can work with to ensure accurate measurements. :new:

But you can also ask him nicely. :)

And now I'm wondering what would happen if someone asked that question at one of those Real Time Mario things... I'm honestly not sure what Charles Martinet would do. After all, he's made Mario cuss before (albeit censored by a one-up noise).

A little kid asked Mario if he had buttcheeks before. Mario was like "okay".

They seem to be putting a lot more effort into this game's story mode than I would have thought.

Mcmadness said:
They seem to be putting a lot more effort into this game's story mode than I would have thought.
Man this Prince of Tennis adaption looks great.

Seems like there's a defensive shot that slows down the world so you can reach the ball in time? Since the video is in Japanese, not sure what triggers it. I think it consumes that meter though.

Also seems like the jungle court is more decorated compared to the last time I saw it. Biddybuggies being the ball people reminds me of Power Tennis's courts, and that's a good thing.

That flip shot Mario made is nice. Probably another defensive maneuver. I think they recharge the meter? They also look unique to other characters too, which is a really nice thing to see. Also, did Wario's losing-a-point animation change? Man, I want that Ultra Smash one.

I also think Chance shots are gone for good. I think those smash shots with the star indicators are the replacements?

Mario also looks like he has bumpmapping added to his hair. That's a definite change of his model from the Ultra Smash one. So they're actually doing more to his model than simply giving it a new outfit; they're improving it too!

Holy crap story mode. Tennis racket possessing Luigi? Evil Waluigi and Wario? The mode looks great. So varied. Seems like they're going to have cutscenes too. It does seems like you're going to use Mario here, given how Mario's all prominent here.

Game overall looks amazing and it's shaping up to be what Ultra Smash wasn't, if it hasn't already.

Oh look, motion controls.
Man I want to play this game already.

The elements are giving me the sneaking suspicion that this game was once a Wii U title (You can see Iggy's airship and a NSMBU-like environment behind Peach right near the end and a number of 3D World elements too).
I know I shouldn't keep making comparisons, but it's just so astounding how night-and-day this is effort-wise compared to Ultra Smash.

Back