Mario Tennis Aces

winstein said:
I am OK with Mario being the only playable character because I love Mario, but I am kind of expecting there to be switchable characters at certain points (or a New Game Plus where you can use any character, but that's not likely to happen).

Interesting that the story mode hints that Wario and Waluigi are part of the mess, and likely not being controlled by Luigi's evil influence like the trailer implied.

Thank you for reading.
I think the official site has a screenshot that shows Mario talking to them, but that can be before things go down.

Did they take doubles out of tournament mode?? or is it still there

i think its out, just like in SSS and i think it was only singles in Mario Tennis open as well, cant remember.

Mario Tennis Open allowed for Doubles Tournaments.

But all Mario Tennis games' tournaments are single-player only, keep that in mind, new Mario Tennis players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opv41K-5zmA
Seems like more characters will be playable in the demo

Maybe the sources were misinformed.

I assume that the demo will launch on the eShop this week or early next week, but we can't play it until the tournament starts.
Or the demo will launch the same time as the tournament.

Give it some time, some demos launch by like 9 or noon.

Not all of them launch immediately after midnight!

Looking at the official sources, it is true that the demo will be available to download soon. And this demo will have some offline gameplay.
Nintendo UK site said:
Aspiring aces can take to the court as Mario, Peach, Yoshi or Bowser to face off against other tennis hopefuls in online tournament matches**, or sharpen your skills by practising against the computer. As a reward for taking part, you'll receive a special outfit for Mario to use in the full game!

To get involved, simply download the Mario Tennis Aces Pre-launch Online Tournament software from Nintendo eShop in late May and head online during the times above.

EDIT: Misread that a bit. Seems that we can only play it during the tournament times (June 1-3).
"To get involved, simply download the Mario Tennis Aces Pre-launch Online Tournament software from Nintendo eShop in late May and head online during the times above [the tournament times]."
So, like the ARMS Global Testpunch and Splatoon/Splatoon 2 Global Testfire, where you can download from the eShop before the online times goes live.

For the people who want to play the demo "offline" right now, I have some bad news.

The demo will be released today, but I already said that you can't play the demo (including the playing with CPU matches) until the tournament (June 1-3), similar to Splatoon/Splatoon 2 and ARMS tests.

whats the point of this tho--

they should have released it when it was gonna be playable altogether, not like this.

What a bunch of bs

Probably to avoid crashing their servers from downloads on the days of the tournament.

I'm disappointed too but I can see why they'd do that.

>Release demo
>Can't play demo

Not gonna lie, that's pretty stupid. Lots of people will probably download this on tournament day anyway, so I don't buy the "to avoid crashing the servers on tournament days" reason.

I think it would've been fair to at least allow play against a CPU with basic settings without checking the server first -_-

Dd-pgA3U8AANbw6.jpg

^That should never appear after selecting offline practice. Actually, letting us practice and get a feel for the game offline leading up to the tournament would have been a great idea.

Cheeze said:
>Release demo
>Can't play demo

Not gonna lie, that's pretty stupid. Lots of people will probably download this on tournament day anyway, so I don't buy the "to avoid crashing the servers on tournament days" reason.

You don't have to buy it but that is the reason.

A stupid one but thats what it is.

You know, this reminds me of how triple A games require you to install them onto your machine first before you need to play them, even when they DO come on a disk.

At least with this demo, you don't really lose anything (except your time and sanity) since it's free, but this is misleading and gross still.

i mean , what im trying to say is that they have used it so much for everything that its just normal at this rate.

Back