Mario games that you think should be remade or recieve a Deluxe treatment.

I would love a Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash Deluxe. I mean, we have Aces, which runs on a similar engine, but it didn't have Mega Mushrooms or Jump Shots or any of Ultra Smash's other cool gimmicks. If a Deluxe port was released for this game with tournaments, a Story Mode, Friend Matches, and more minigames, I would buy it immediately. Knowing Nintendo, though, it won't happen.

Mario Kart 7 Deluxe would also be great. It's a bit late for that considering that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe exists, but MK8 didn't need Deluxe treatment nearly as much as MK7. MK7 was very rushed and lacked a lot of features. It really didn't do anything that MKW didn't, and lacked even more features than that game did. A deluxe remake could add 16 more tracks, more vehicle parts, more battle modes, 8-player local co-op (like MK8DX did), 200cc, unlockables from Time Trials, and most importantly :waluigi:. Then it could be the game it tried to be from the start.

Can't we just have Aces receive a Mega Mushroom mode, Chance Shots option, and Jump Shots option through an update? Oh and maybe Sprixie Princess? Poor bastard.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
I would love a Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash Deluxe. I mean, we have Aces, which runs on a similar engine, but it didn't have Mega Mushrooms or Jump Shots or any of Ultra Smash's other cool gimmicks. If a Deluxe port was released for this game with tournaments, a Story Mode, Friend Matches, and more minigames, I would buy it immediately. Knowing Nintendo, though, it won't happen.

Mario Kart 7 Deluxe would also be great. It's a bit late for that considering that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe exists, but MK8 didn't need Deluxe treatment nearly as much as MK7. MK7 was very rushed and lacked a lot of features. It really didn't do anything that MKW didn't, and lacked even more features than that game did. A deluxe remake could add 16 more tracks, more vehicle parts, more battle modes, 8-player local co-op (like MK8DX did), 200cc, unlockables from Time Trials, and most importantly :waluigi: . Then it could be the game it tried to be from the start.

We don't need Ultra Smash Deluxe/SE because Aces is already Ultra Smash Second Edition. Ultra Smash is best forgotten on the Wii U.

We're better off with a new Mario Kart game with lots of features including Double Dash!! mode.

3D World would better off receiving a Deluxe version/port with new content including Super Mario Odyssey inspired stages and Daisy as an extra character. It needs a second chance since it sold horribly on the Wii U due to the Wii U's relative failure.

It's not the good games that need Deluxe treatment, but the flawed or rushed ones.

Ultra Smash had great gameplay, but its lack of content hurt an otherwise solid game. Aces dropped the central gimmicks of Ultra Smash, so Aces cannot be Ultra Smash DX.

Mario Kart 7 is easily the most flawed Mario Kart. MK8 got Deluxe treatment due to its weak Battle Mode, but it was really MK7 that needed a Deluxe port.

3D World was already a great game, and is probably one of the last games I'd want to give a DX treatment. You don't fix what doesn't need fixing.

I feel that the game industry thinks that the purpose of porting games (whether Deluxe or not) is so more people can play the great games, especially if they didn't get a lot of sales or attention originally. Whether this is a good thing or not is up for debate. In the particular case of Ultra Smash, I feel it would be pointless to make a Deluxe version when you already have Aces. People would not want to buy both so it wouldn't sell well. Also, I'm pretty sure the features that are in Ultra Smash but not in Aces are minimal in the larger scheme of things.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
It's not the good games that need Deluxe treatment, but the flawed or rushed ones.

Ultra Smash had great gameplay, but its lack of content hurt an otherwise solid game. Aces dropped the central gimmicks of Ultra Smash, so Aces cannot be Ultra Smash DX.

Mario Kart 7 is easily the most flawed Mario Kart. MK8 got Deluxe treatment due to its weak Battle Mode, but it was really MK7 that needed a Deluxe port.

3D World was already a great game, and is probably one of the last games I'd want to give a DX treatment. You don't fix what doesn't need fixing.
You don't get it do you, Ultra Smash is was horrible excuse of a game. It doesn't need no port at all anymore. Aces is a far better newer game. The gimmicks were lame in the end and it is nowhere near as good as Power Tennis's. Aces brings the gameplay back to being as good as Power Tennis by getting rid of the Chance Shots which ruins Open, Ultra Smash, and Sports Superstars Tennis.

3D World needs a port because it's the worst selling 3D Mario title, surpassing Sunshine and also because of the Wii U's flop. It needs to have a second chance at life where it can sell better on the Switch due to its success. The Switch has a mix of both old and new content. Porting 3D World won't do no harm. It will also preserve it for people who skipped the Wii U and went straight to PS4/Xbone or people who were only on PC and had neither a PS4 or Xbone. Ports preserve old games on new hardware and keep them alive for new generations and people who missed the game on the prior gen console. Nintendo ported Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, MK8, Pokken and whatnot and those ports kept those games alive and gave them new life with enhancements and allow people who never bought a Wii U a chance to experience it and give newer generations a chance to play it. 3D World could also have extra content such as more levels (inspired by Super Mario Odyssey) and even include Daisy as an extra playable character. On top of that, it would provide the "casual" 3D Mario experience with its linearity and multiplayer fun which is unique to it, which is different from Odyssey. It deserves a second chance because of how underappreciated it is. It's like Sunshine in this aspect. Lots of people need to play this game.

I know Super Mario 64 already has a remake, but i would like to see another remake in HD. And i want this remake to have Waluigi a Toad playable instead of Wario that i hate.

I updated my original post to remove Ultra Smash and replaced it with 3D Land.

3D Land could use a second edition. It doesn't have much in its post game content. We should see a Peach mode in the post game with additional levels for Peach.

Mario Kart 7 is easily the most flawed Mario Kart.

lol no.

MK7 is far from being flawed, the only reason why some people pick on it is because there's no VS mode in single player and a certain meme character not being in the game.

MK7 plays better than MKDD and 64 and has less bugs , some that were actually adressed , unlike MKWii and it's glitch fest.

even MK7 has a superior battle mode than MK8 on wii u so honestly there's simply no real base to call it the most flawed.

I would like to see Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 64/DS in SMO-system with some changes;

I think only a few games they should remake/pull deluxe treatment -

first Mario Party game since it has poorly controls/rotate joystick minigames, and I think the best way to remake first Mario Party with Mario Party 2 and Mario Party 3 into one bundle to be best classic Mario Party to start with, but who know if Super Mario Party would sell well again (I still can't wait for Super Mario Party) Maybe they can be remade with SMP's system. And then I think Mario Party The Top 100 should come to Switch instead of 3DS but I think they will pull a deluxe treatment for a lot better sorta of like Mario Tennis Ultra Smash to Aces, maybe they could do Star Rush with The Top 100 into one big game. I still felt Star Rush's gameplay is kinda better for Online gameplay since it has dice block timer?

Super Mario Land remake; I wanted to see it in the colourful game in HD based in Daisy's kingdom and it has some interesting enemies.

Super Mario Sunshine; I would love to see everything in HD for better. I would love to see if Shadow Mario appear more after this if that happens, it can give some more boost for Shadow Mario's playable status after these years since Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour as an unlocked character. I'm sorry it's just Shadow Mario in which my very first villain favourite character along with Bowser Jr I wanted to see him appear more like Metal Mario did since his re-debut on Mario Kart 7. I understand these people have dislikes since they are 'clones' but I just want to see my waterly twisted and bad Mario again :'(

At last, Super Mario 64/DS - I like these ideas they did for DS, which give it little more lives and I don't mind to see Super Mario 64 to have a third-time remake since DS, their minigames and local and stuff seem perfect for Switch honestly.

Swiftie_Luma said:
MK7 is far from being flawed, the only reason why some people pick on it is because there's no VS mode in single player and a certain meme character not being in the game.

Yeah, the only "bad" thing about it is that a ugly character, that i don't understand why people even look at him, is not playable.

And Queen Bee.

Look, I love Mario Galaxy, but seriously come on, put her in frikkin' MARIO KART?

Queen Bee is great. Don't diss her. I mean, I rather have her back than Pauline.

The 20000 coin requirement for unlocking the Gold Standard in Mario Kart 7 should never be in any game.

EVER. AGAIN.

Princess Mario said:
Queen Bee is great. Don't diss her. I mean, I rather have her back than Pauline.

I don't really hate her... but... it's like... why would you ever put her in Mario Kart?

But yes, Pauline IS overhyped tbh. I agree with you on that one.

I like her because she's a super heavyweight that doesn't have the same build as the other female character, and she's also a gentle giant; she isn't rowdy like the others like Donkey Kong, Wario, and Bowser. She's not a variation of an existing character nor a Koopa. She's unique in almost every way, that it was disappointing for me to not see her return for Mario Kart 8.

I traditionally have not liked Honey Queen in Mario Kart, but considering they already have almost all the characters that have been in the series in MK8D, I honestly wouldn't mind if they brought her back, especially if they pulled an "Everyone is Here" for Mario Kart. That being said, I don't think her inclusion in the first place was a great idea since she was one of the largely irrelevant characters that they added in MK7 while leaving out some other more important characters (yes, I know it was mainly just Waluigi, but hey, what about Toadette? Or Bowser Jr.?). Now that she's already in the series, I would be fine with bringing her back as long as all the more important characters are in.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
3D Land could use a second edition. It doesn't have much in its post game content.
I'm sorry, what? Literally half the levels in the game are after the credits roll.

That half is kinda a retread of the game, but with slightly different layouts. There's also the neat-o Stone Leaf though, which is my favorite powerup in the game. Tanooki Mario looks so great with a scarf. I wish that was the standard one.

SML, but it's both games packaged in one cartridge. No "Collection" stuff though, it just seamlessly goes from SML to SML26GC. Maybe even include SML3WL.

I say that Super Mario Sunshine is overdue for one. I also think that Super Mario World needs to have a remake for the Switch.

Sunshine is definitely overdue for one, as is All-Stars HD.

Partners in Time could use one too, but better later than sooner; probably good as a late-life Switch title in 2023 or so (and maybe they could throw in Dream Team DX after it in like 2025 :P)

Back