Mario games that you think should be remade or recieve a Deluxe treatment.

Super Mario 3D World Deluxe.

Adds one new playable character: Rediscover the game as :daisy:

She has 4/5 speed, 5/5 air speed, 4/5 acceleration and 1/5 traction.

Her special ability would be a flower dash which propels her forward in one direction, depending on how much speed she has built up. Like Rosalina, this passive ability is lost when a powerup is accquired.

Several new expert worlds added, and Yoshi levels designed around him dotted around the main worlds. Yoshi is a generic species and changes colour based on which character mounts it.

1080p in TV mode and enhanced draw distances and less pop in.

10/10 game :D

If they add a character to 3D World, I'd strongly prefer Wario as the next new addition, and Waluigi if they have 2. But I'm not even sure Waluigi would work well with 3D World's character design, Rosalina's the closest they came to anything more than they were in Mario 2, adding too much "uniqueness" would make certain characters OP. But I can see Wario being by far the slowest but able to kill enemies with one normal jump that would normally take a ground pound and create shock waves with his ground pound. He might lose that stuff with a power-up, not really sure.

I'd prefer to stay away from a deluxe version of 3D World. Yes it's a great game but I feel like it's fine the way it is, there wasn't anything wrong with it unlike Mario Kart 8.

I wouldn't mind seeing a SM64DS (err... maybe just 64) remake Deluxe game. It's a great game but there were many things that limited what I think Nintendo envisioned it as.

memoryman3 said:
Super Mario 3D World Deluxe.

Adds one new playable character: Rediscover the game as :daisy:

She has 4/5 speed, 5/5 air speed, 4/5 acceleration and 1/5 traction.

Her special ability would be a flower dash which propels her forward in one direction, depending on how much speed she has built up. Like Rosalina, this passive ability is lost when a powerup is accquired.

Several new expert worlds added, and Yoshi levels designed around him dotted around the main worlds. Yoshi is a generic species and changes colour based on which character mounts it.

1080p in TV mode and enhanced draw distances and less pop in.

10/10 game :D

This so much.

I feel that if there were to be a follow up to Super Mario 3D World, it needs to be a newer entry rather than getting an older entry with updated stuff, it should be a fresh new entry with those additions being its main draw: new characters, new levels and perhaps multiplayer that allows for up to 8 people.

memoryman3 said:
winstein said:
I would like to see what the developers could do with a Mario Kart 7 Deluxe, in which that game is given more development time due to that game having to be rushed to be completed before 2011 was over. From my understanding of that game, it's only got the basic expected features found, namely the GP, Time Trials, Online and the Battle mode (but no VS for practicing the course in single player). Oddly enough, there's no DLC for that game at all, unlike Mario Kart 8, even though that game has surpassed 10 million copies sold so there's a lot of potential here.

Another game that I could like to see is a game based on Wario's Wood, but dropping the Wario name for the Toad name (but still featuring Wario). It should at least combine the aspects of the NES and the SNES version of the game. The NES for the unique boss levels, and the SNES for the CPU battles and pure Round game (the version without bosses). Adding online would be a decent addition to this game.

Thank you for reading.

With all the similarites Mario Kart 8 has to 7 code wise, i'd say that 8 is basically that.

Mario Kart 8 certainly has more features coming from Mario Kart 7, such as the anti-gravity racetracks. However, it's not the same game as Mario Kart 7 due to its different item balance and exclusive race tracks. It is not so much a Deluxe version due to being a sequel similar to how Splatoon 2 is not a "Splatoon Deluxe". The main reason for bringing this up is, Mario Kart 7 is the most evidently rushed Mario Kart game, even more so than Mario Kart Wii (which wasn't required to be released within the Wii's first 365 days), due to having certain missing features. My idea is something like an exclusive to the New 3DS with the new features. I guess it's too late to do this, now that the 3DS is winding down on support.

(Still, Xenoblade 3D is a decent New 3DS exclusive, despite being a less popular game)

Thank you for reading.

Could you imagine how fucking chaotic 8 player would be?

Assuming you could find 7 people who would want to play.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
I would love to play a version of this I can enjoy on a big screen.

Instead of remaking the games, why not make sequels? Everything can be improved, but at the same time there'll be new levels and characters and whatnot.

Remaking games is the cheaper option.

Baby Luigi said:
Remaking games is the cheaper option.
It also preserves them for a newer audience.

If preserving games for a newer audience was the goal, they could just release games on Virtual Console.

Remakes are a nice line between ports and a sequel.

Baby Luigi said:
If preserving games for a newer audience was the goal, they could just release games on Virtual Console.

Remakes are a nice line between ports and a sequel.

Yeah, but remakes can help improve the flaws with the original games. We've seen Metroid Zero Mission, Mega Man Powered Up, Bionic Commando Rearmed, and Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth do it. Some remakes like Metroid Zero Mission and Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles include the original games that they're remakes of as unlockables which adds to the preservation.

Aside from the more obvious remakes, I think that a Super Mario World remake is something that could be interesting. Best mario 2d platforming mechanics could be expanded upon with new levels. :boshi:

Boshi said:
Aside from the more obvious remakes, I think that a Super Mario World remake is something that could be interesting. Best mario 2d platforming mechanics could be expanded upon with new levels. :boshi:
Super Mario World only got a enhanced port on the GBA as part of the Super Mario Advance series.

ArchagentEverlasting said:
*cough* Super Mario RPG *cough*
It would be perfect for a Mario RPG collection along with remasters of Paper Mario 64, Paper Mario TTYD and Super Paper Mario.

It's not a MaRPG collection without Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

Mister Apple said:
Wario's Woods Deluxe.
It's too obscure and it's already on Virtual Console.

Back