Kirby: Star Allies

Yeah, it's new Dream Friends to be released in the summer and it also gives credence to the recent datamine confirming the following new dream friends.

Spoilers for those who don't want to know the new dream friends.

Wave 2: Adeline, Dark Meta Knight, Daroach

Wave 3: Magolor, Taranza, Susie

Unconfirmed wave: the 3 mages and Hyness

They've been blue balling us for a month but the final tease for the second wave is here.

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1014063725941157888

If you've seen the datamine, you should know who this is. I'm personally super hyped for this character due to coming from my favorite Kirby game.

Don't scroll down if you don't want spoilers.

Is this game worth getting? It seems to me that, after reading all about it, the main campaign strikes me as very short, and that's about all to the game.

I think it's Magolor (yesssss)

Moldomré said:
Is this game worth getting? It seems to me that, after reading all about it, the main campaign strikes me as very short, and that's about all to the game.
I've said this elsewhere, but I'll say it again here:

If you're a Kirby fan, definitely pick it up. Despite the relative ease of the game, you'll love all of the callbacks, Dream Friends, and the ending. That's all what basically sold the game to me.
If you aren't one or are new to the series, then I wouldn't look too far into this one, unless the game is at a lower price or you'd prefer to start with an easier title. Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe would be a stronger recent game to start with, and then you can play Planet Robobot, which isn't necessarily my favorite Kirby game, but probably the best one I've played.

Shovel Knight said:
I think it's Magolor (yesssss)
I'm assuming you haven't seen the leak, but if you have:
It's actually Adeline (the character that I want to see return the most)

Specter Knight said:
Moldomré said:
I've said this elsewhere, but I'll say it again here:

If you're a Kirby fan, definitely pick it up. Despite the relative ease of the game, you'll love all of the callbacks, Dream Friends, and the ending. That's all what basically sold the game to me.
If you aren't one or are new to the series, then I wouldn't look too far into this one, unless the game is at a lower price or you'd prefer to start with an easier title. Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe would be a stronger recent game to start with, and then you can play Planet Robobot, which isn't necessarily my favorite Kirby game, but probably the best one I've played.

I've really only played Triple Deluxe and Kirby's Adventure. As long as this is easier than Adventure, I might just get it! Love Kirby and pink characters (obviously). Wish Bandanna Waddle Dee was in Smash.

It's Adelaine, and is teamed up with Ribbon who will likely be handling the flying since Adelaine cannot traditionally fly.

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1015060355213475840

The weirdest part about the silhouette is how it's actually Batamon, the weird Kirby doppelganger that was only in Kirby in Dreamland 3 and is in most times unreachable by Kirby, and then it's revealed to be Adeleine. It's very surprising that they subvert expectations since some people thought it's viewed from the top-down like they did with Daroach. Also there's the fact that Adeleine is actually teaming up with Ribbon, which means that this Adeleine is based on Kirby 64 rather than Kirby 3, which I guess made sense since her appearance in 64 is more significant than in 3 (where she is a boss).

Now the real surprise is: how will they portray Magolor? It will most definitely not be that obvious since all the other silhouettes thus far are not obvious.

Thank you for reading.

Nah, would be too obvious. They might do something else entirely tho. Maybe like show only a silhouette of the Master Crown, which is enough to confirm Magolor?

At the same time, I can also see them doing an upskirt and showing his silhouette from below.

Video showcasing Adeline and Ribbon's moveset. Lots of neat references to Dream Lands 2 and 3 and Kirby 64. Really love that Adeline uses the crystal shard gun from the Zero Two fight, although I'm a bit disappointed there's no direct reference to Zero Two similar to the reference of Dark Nebula in Daroach's moveset.

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1021591100220268546

Reminder that the update drops in ~4 days.

Triple posting. :sleep:

Update is out, you have to download it manually.

I played through Guest Star mode as Adeleine and Ribbon. I fangasm'd at the new remix at the final boss and the area leading up to it.

Ya know, the worst part about me is that I STILL don't have the game. Hopefully I'll get it soon......enough.

Listened to the other two character's final boss themes.

Adeleine and Ribbon's > Dark Meta Knight's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daroach

Daroach's remix is lame as hell and super disappointing. Adeleine's and DMK's are perfection.

While Adeleine's is a mix of Zero Two's theme and Miracle Matter mixed with Ripple Star and Dark Meta Knight's is Dark Mind form 1 and 2, Daroach's is literally just the Squeak Squad theme remixed. Not even a hint of Dark Nebula's theme or the normal boss theme, just that mediocre track.

It's not a bad remix, but as the track for the final boss, I'm left disappointed. Doesn't help that the Squeak Squad theme has already been remixed twice at least twice (SSBB and Rainbow Curse) and Dark Nebula's theme hasn't.

I played with Adeline and Ribbon a bit, and they're great characters. However, I think Kirby will remain my main in The Ultimate Choice.

Going back to play Kirby's Dream Land 3, I find it strange how this game often says that Adeline is from Kirby 64, when in reality her debut appearance was KDL3 (Level 4 boss). It may be because Ribbon's debut was in Kirby 64. It might be similar how Gooey's debut appearance is stated to be KDL3, but his debut was really in KDL2.

Guys! I have great news!

My little brother's birthday is on 28 of August, which means 16 days later. My aunt bought the game on Tuesday, and put it into my Switch and reremoved it. Now it's in the Switch's home screen. She will give the day of his birthday and I'll finally get it. So right now I'm considering that I already have the game.

Miles Tails Prower said:
Guys! I have great news!

My little brother's birthday is on 28 of August, which means 16 days later. My aunt bought the game on Tuesday, and put it into my Switch and reremoved it. Now it's in the Switch's home screen. She will give the day of his birthday and I'll finally get it. So right now I'm considering that I already have the game.
That's great! Star Allies really is a great game. Seeing that you have Return to Dream Land, I know you will love this game. Personally, it's my second favorite game on Switch.

Back