Kirby: Star Allies

Re: Kirby for Nintendo Switch

I don't mind if it's like Squeak Squad again (as Ninelevendo pointed out), where only fire, ice, and lightning can be mixed with bombs and sword. They were still cool abilities, and I remember Fire Sword being my favorite, though all the elemental swords and bombs are cool.

Really im a bit more curious about story progression though, since the helpers are back like kss, are we gonna have little adventures like they were presented in kss?

We really need more info on this game but i guess that cant be helped atm.

Reize said:
Have you played a Kirby game before?
Err, I've never finished any. I've played a little bit of Kirby Superstar, a little bit of Kirby's Epic Yarn, and a little bit of Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

Btw any word on that 3DS spin off game? It's supposed to come out this summer.

Blowout Blast? The only news I've heard about it recently is that it supports amiibo.

I hope they keep Electric + Rock and Fire + Bomb the same in this game as it was in Kirby 64. They can change whatever else they want.

No new news on Blowout Blast that I know about or even that 3DS Kirby game yet, they'll probably reveal more later in a direct or something.

I like that this Kirby takes elements after the sequel Kirby games (2, 3 and 64) with the ability to combine abilities and having animal friends, because I would like to see that approach again. The animal friends are especially great to have back, as the cat (Nago) is here.

I wonder if Meta Knight could truly be omitted, because Rainbow Curse and Triple Deluxe could have been Meta Knight-less if it weren't for a certain part. I know everybody likes Meta Knight, but it's been a long time since the last game without Meta Knight (Kirby 64) and I would like to see how the game is like without Meta Knight.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
I would like to see how the game is like without Meta Knight.
What's wrong with you.

But seriously his only appearances in those games were cameos, it's not like he physically appeared in them. Dedede is the same story, just replace Triple Deluxe with Robobot. The games can live without them, however it's much nicer to have them present at least somewhat since they're recognisable and people like em, otherwise you would end up with a SPM where there's hardly only semblance of it being the same series. That being said I'm kinda sick of Whispy Woods.

Lee Chaolan said:
winstein said:
I would like to see how the game is like without Meta Knight.
What's wrong with you.

But seriously his only appearances in those games were cameos, it's not like he physically appeared in them. Dedede is the same story, just replace Triple Deluxe with Robobot. The games can live without them, however it's much nicer to have them present at least somewhat since they're recognisable and people like em, otherwise you would end up with a SPM where there's hardly only semblance of it being the same series. That being said I'm kinda sick of Whispy Woods.
I apologise for my opinion.

Anyway, I kind of agree with the Whispy Woods, only because I didn't like seeing its sad face. It's nice that Kirby 3 didn't have that, from what I remember.

Thanks for reading.

I'll never be sick of whispy woods.

whispy woods is a must its like not having sword ability.

Still wonder what his beef with Kirby is.

Do you all not remember

1457577854722.png

Not the Switch game but it's kirby related so may as well.

Never thought Devil Frog Dedede would ever actually show up in a game.

I ain't complaining.

This looks sweet.

The probability of me getting this game is a lot higher now. Plus, I like RtDL, so I guess I'll love this one.

If Kirby 64/dream land 3 callbacks and purple aura surrounding possessed bosses doesn't lead to dark matter coming back, I will be shocked.

Yeah, Kirby has been known to, despite being Nintendo's cutest franchise, having the darkest kinds of bosses for a kid's game.

Not to say I'm complaining, I like it, it adds some twist to it, but for them to put such things in kid-friendly games is kinda weird if you ask me.

Thus far, the Kirby's animal buddies are confined to the "Clean" power-up, which incidentally came from Kirby in Dreamland 3, where they all appeared (Chuchu the jelly, Nago the cat and Pitch the bird are new). Maybe similar to Kirby 64's Stone+Cutter powerup where they only show up in one of Kirby's powers.

I kind of want to know what the developers of Kirby thought about Kirby's animal buddies as mounts, because we never see them again. I would love to see them return again, and if required, even the enemy-turned-allies could mount them too.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
Thus far, the Kirby's animal buddies are confined to the "Clean" power-up, which incidentally came from Kirby in Dreamland 3, where they all appeared (Chuchu the jelly, Nago the cat and Pitch the bird are new). Maybe similar to Kirby 64's Stone+Cutter powerup where they only show up in one of Kirby's powers.

I kind of want to know what the developers of Kirby thought about Kirby's animal buddies as mounts, because we never see them again. I would love to see them return again, and if required, even the enemy-turned-allies could mount them too.

Thank you for reading.
There's probably interest in the characters themselves; Rick Kine and Coo have been cameoing a lot recently (even physically as of late) but the mount system seemed like a way of getting around Kirby only having one power. Because movesets nowadays are more expanded and multipurpose, it's probably harder to justify having them back as mounts unless they were given unique abilites (kinda like Dedede in Kirby 64).

Some new stuff revealed in Nintendo Direct this morning!
My thoughts:

-Artist Kirby looks amazing, I've been dreaming of a Paint rehash for a while so I'm very happy it's happening. Spider looks cool too, love the little hat. Additionally, Suplex has now been confirmed as returning, so that's neat.
-Friend Abilities look to be fun to mess around with, I can't wait to throw everybody everywhere.
-Boss battles are looking really varied and engaging, those Meta clones along with Buff Dedede make me very excited to see what other twists they have.
-That last cinematic at the end is breathtaking and there is no doubt this is going to be the most beautiful Kirby game so far.
-A March 16th release date! I wasn't expecting it so soon but I'm grubby to get my hands on it

Yup, I can confirm, one gorgeous looking Kirby game we got there.

Also I didn’t expect to see that you could have Bonkers as allies.

Back