Kirby: Star Allies

Isabelle said:
Rick Kine and Koo are still great though, I mean switching between them I easy and they provide elemental fusions.

But the mages seem like they will be finally replacing them.
They're still great, yes, but it's just unfortunate that Rick has 3/4 of a normal moveset, Coo has the last quarter, and Kine hardly has a moveset at all. Their movesets literally depended on each other to function.

With the three mages, it looks like each one has a full, independent moveset. The Animal Friends certainly weren't bad, but the three mages will be a huge improvement.

Dropping in to remind everyone that the update should be up in less than 30 minutes.

Well, I wasn't expecting the difficulty spike in Heroes in Another Dimension to be that big, but wow it kicked my ass.

Downloading it right now, but since I'm working today, I'll try it tomorrow with my friend maybe coming.

Just beat the mode, and they sure weren't kidding that it was gonna be hard...especially if you're going for Friend Hearts. Unfortunately though, I only got 84 of them (there are 120 total), so I got a disappointingly low rank C. I unlocked Soul Melter Extra (which I am honestly dreading), but I think I'll try and collect all the Friend Hearts first.

By the way, check out this final Heroes in Another Dimension trailer:

So guys.

Magolor's special Guest star map is based on the first level of Return to DreamLand and now I'm crying tears of joy.

I got 100 Friend Hearts and beat The Three Mage-Sisters again, so I got the true ending and unlocked them as Dream Friends! It's a nice throwback to the Dark Matter Trilogy.

Also, Marx is the credits boss in Heroes in Another Dimension, like how you fought Dedede in the Story Mode credits and Meta Knight in the Guest Star credits. He's so hard that I literally lost all my credits points against him. I couldn't believe it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fruib_/status/1079583106821222400

Oh wow, we could have actually been getting a Marx boss fight in Soul Melter EX! People have hacked Marx's "boss fight" from the Heroes in Another Dimension credits into an actual stage, and he has a fully functional boss fight, complete with music, healthbars, and everything! It looks like they were trying to pull a Galacta Knight in Soul Melter EX with Marx, but didn't for some reason. But man, this looks awesome!

O.M.G. HAL should have kept him in Soul Melter EX. Because I feel that being a credits boss isn't enough.

Oh, btw.

I got this game.

It's pretty terrific.
But I'm also sad...I had a team consisting of Kirby with Pole, King Dedede, Susie, and the floaty electric mage thing (I dunno what it's called).
Then they were all crushed to bits between rocks.
I hate rising pillars.

Don't worry, you'll be able to get used to that.

Oh wait, shit I still haven't beaten the game.

Blame that on Smash.

I got the game over a week ago, and completed the story a few days ago. I also recently completed my first Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go! playthrough as Chef Kawasaki.

On a side note, while checking out the different Dream Friends, it seems that Daroach is rather effective at using long-ranged assaults against enemies.

Shinya Kumazaki, the chief director of Kirby Star Allies (and all mainline Kirby games since Super Star Ultra), was recently interviewed by Kotaku. There's some pretty interesting information there; you can check out the interview here.

It seems that Prince Fluff, Claycia, Elline, and Galacta Knight were considered to be Dream Friends before they decided to keep spinoff-exclusive characters out of it (and in Galacta Knight's case, he wasn't significant enough in any of his games to make the cut). It also seems that they were originally planning on adding new levels to Story Mode before deciding to create Heroes in Another Dimension instead.

Back