Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have received plenty of Mario stuff over the years, but the only times I bought something Mario for someone else was Mario Super Sluggers and Mario Sports Mix for my friend. At least from what I remember.

This year, surprisingly not, but the last few years I did receive such gifts.

This is assuming real life occasions though, counting in Secret Santa's in these areas I did receive community presents that involved Mario.

Last edited:
I gifted my entire gamecube collection to my younger siblings.
My parents got me Monopoly Mario Celebration! for christmas.

Time for a new poll! Lots of characters receive some tweaks to their looks in Super Smash Bros., but do you like these tweaks?

How do you feel about the design changes to certain Mario characters in the Super Smash Bros. series?
  • I like these design changes and would like to see similar changes made to the other Mario characters
  • I like these design changes, but characters already in the roster should not be retroactively changed
  • I like the changes made to the characters' outfits, but do not like the physical changes made to the characters
  • I like the changes made to the characters' physical appearance, but do not like the changes made to their outfits
  • I like the idea of the design changes, but would prefer to see it executed differently
  • I do not like the design changes, and would prefer characters to look more accurate to their other appearances
  • I have no opinion on the subject

Personally, I'm okay with them. They usually aren't too jarring, and, for a character like Bowser, they can make them look more intimidating and imposing. I don't think there's a great need to apply them retroactively, though, so option two for me.

The voice changes almost universally suck.

For me, it's either I have no opinion on this, or that it works on a few, but not all characters. As my 2nd choice is not an option, I went with No Opinion.

I don't really care for the design changes in Smash Bros. games. They make the characters look too different from what they look like in their own games(especially Peach and Bowser).

option 5. id like to see some characters have different designs, like, some mario series do that, but im not a fan of like, bowsers voice and peachs face in smash....

Aaaa fuck I don't remember what Ultimate looks llike.. but uh.. Melee Mario weirds me out with his tough grit. Like, damn, he's ready to fight off zombies.

January 31st, huh? So we're now two months away, exactly, from that fabled death date... March 31st, when multiple Mario-related games will no longer be available or will have certain services associated with them shut down. Most notably of all? Super Mario 3D All-Stars will no longer be available for digital purpose past that date. We best get some opinions on out while it's still available!

How do you feel about Nintendo opting to only make minor graphical updates to the games in Super Mario 3D All-Stars?
  • I like this decision as it stays true to the games' original aesthetic while also making the game appear fresh
  • I like the updated graphics, though I would have liked to see just a few more additional changes to be made
  • I like the updated graphics, but I wish they would have gone further and made larger changes to improve weaknesses of these old games
  • I do not like the updated graphics, and would have preferred the games to remain as close to the original as possible
  • I do not think the graphics have been updated enough and would have preferred to see a complete graphical overhaul
  • I have no opinion on the matter

As for me, it's option three. While I do think there would have been a bit of a monkey's paw in seeing this games rebuilt from the ground up (Sunshine in particular is wrapped in nostalgia for me - it was the first videogame I ever played!) where they would have undoubtedly made some minor changes that would detract from the nostalgia value, I think there would have been real merit in smoothing out clunkier parts of the games.

Nintendo you had a chance to put a blue coin checklist in Sunshine itself and you missed it.
Nintendo why

No opinion on this. I think the games look fine whether they get an update to the graphics or not.

Option 3. 3d all stars is all sorts of lazy, and i didnt expect something like that from nintendo. Like, someone whos good with emulation can very easily port any n64, GameCube and wii game, and nintendo went that route. I wish they prepared some remakes beforehand, maybe if they started working on them a few years ago, it wouldve come out way better, but its kinda evident that they started working on this collection in 2020, if not then at least in late 2019. I like the fact that you can officially play these games on the switch now, but im not a fan of nintendos decision. At least the rest of the year will go fine for nintendo, riiiiight..........?

The game is a rip-off, especially if you have a PC that can run Wii games.

The game is a rip-off, especially if you have a PC that can run Wii games.
I agree. If you have something like a Xeon or a Ryzen, you can do similar and even better things than what 3D All-Stars can give you. Otherwise, it's worth it if you don't have a beefy computer to handle Dolphin and the like. One thing that 3D All-Stars has for an advantage is that that you can play Sunshine and Galaxy on the go without carrying a bulky gaming laptop and it's a more ideal and practical way than carrying that bulk around with you.

And here we go, with one final Super Mario 3D All-Stars question coming at everyone while the game is still relevant before March 31st.

How do you feel about Nintendo's decision to exclude Super Mario Galaxy 2 from Super Mario 3D All-Stars?
  • I feel that Super Mario 3D All-Stars includes enough content without Super Mario Galaxy 2 so I am fine with it.
  • I do not mind it because I think Super Mario Galaxy 2 is not as important to the series' legacy as the games that were included.
  • I agree with the decision because Super Mario Galaxy 2's inclusion would put too much emphasis on the Galaxy games.
  • I would have preferred Super Mario Galaxy 2 to be included, but I am not too disappointed by its exclusion.
  • I am disappointed as I feel that Super Mario 3D All-Stars is lacking in content.
  • I disagree with the decision because I think that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is important to the series' legacy and deserved to be included.
  • I am disappointed because I would have liked a version of Super Mario Galaxy 2 that can be played without motion controls.
  • I have no opinion on this matter.

As for me? I have to go with option four. I don't see any reason to not include the game, and the compilation is a bit lazy as is, so not having it is even lazier. But it's still a compilation of two great games (I'm sorry, but 64 is... not fun, in my opinion) that can finally be played on the go, so I won't complain too much.

Definitely should've been included. Including 3D Land would've been nice too; then all 3D Mario games would by on one console.

They glued a bunch of ROMs together with little to zero effort. While I don't personally care much for Galaxy 2 and it wouldn't entice me further to purchase this rather slipshod collection, it would at least give paying customers a little bit better bang for their buck if it was included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back