Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Option 4. Not too many games were announced for it, so the anniversary wasn't very exciting for me.

Honestly, I didn't really care much for the games that were announced. The only draw to All-Stars 3D was Sunshine, and I'm quite ambivalent on that on the whole, and the 3D World remake didn't massively interest me too much. I would've been a lot more interested if a new game was announced.

option 2: I really loved all that they gave almost all the fans what they wanted, limited releases were a bit upsetting, but overall I personally
wanted a whole new open world mario game, because mario odyssey is not an open world game, at least for me. I wanted something like botw, skyrim, etc, having a whole map to explore without being really able to 100% the game, basically I mean it to never be able to end your exploration, at least just at some point that you can't really have fun with it anymore.

Options 2 and 6: It's a shame that they didn't release new content, and I would've liked them not to be limited edition as well. I am however going towards Option 2, as I think they needed more brand new content (about all of them, apart from the battle royale SMB, were ports)

option 2. while i like the announcements, it was the perfect opportunity to announce a brand new game, if they announced say, origami king during the direct (i know origami king came out before the direct but still), it wouldve been amazing. still, 3d all stars and bowsers fury were pretty good

It's bad.

No. Nintendo needs to put more effort in the schlop they put out.

BE161A04-7BC1-4176-83D4-ADF75ED3F630.jpeg

What if I told you you can strongly think both of these things (I wanted a new Mario game, but I also was disappointed that Galaxy 2 didn't make it to 3D All Stars)

2 and 6, really, this would be great if it wasn't limited realize. Also, if they remastered the games...

When developing remakes, where do you feel Nintendo should mostly focus?
  • Nintendo should focus on remaking well-received games, without significantly altering the experience of the original.
  • Nintendo should focus on remaking games which were generally liked but had flaws, so that they can be ironed out to their full potential.
  • Nintendo should focus on remaking poorly received games, overhauling them into a new experience.
  • Nintendo should remake any games, so long as additions or changes are made that make them worth revisiting.
  • Nintendo should avoid remaking games and instead focus on entirely new games.

A new poll for everyone! Nintendo is no stranger to developing remakes of their classic titles, but what kind of remakes do you actually want to see? Are you in favor of old favorites returning, or should games that were less-than-stellar have a second shot?

Personally, I'm in the middle. I support option two. Take games which were all-around good but held back by a few glaring issues, and give them a second shot with new quality of life adjustments and expansions.

Option 4. Nintendo should be able to remake any game it wants, as long as it has lots of new content and changes to make them worth a buy. If that doesn't happen, than the remake might fail to sell.

I'm all for remakes. Super Mario 3D All-Stars and the Wii U ports+a little extra are kind of disappointing (though still fun to play) since it's really just the same games again. But for games like Link's Awakening on Switch, yeah, that's more what I'm looking for. Old games completely redone for the modern era, with the original games through some kind of, idk, virtual service? Has Nintendo done that yet?

1: remaking admired games would make more people play them, of course they would have to repair some stuff but I personally think that remaking a great game would give people's attention the most

Which Mario sports series would you most like to see receive a new installment on the Nintendo Switch?
  • Mario Golf
  • Mario Strikers
  • Mario Baseball
  • I would like to see a new sports collection.
  • I would like to see an entirely new sports series introduced.
  • I would like to see a new Mario sports entry come out in general, regardless of which series it's from.
  • I would like to see the Mario franchise move away from sports games to focus on other types of titles.
  • I have no opinion on this subject

A new poll, this time all about those sports spinoff series that haven't yet seen a Switch title!

As for me, personally, I'm torn between Strikers and Baseball, having been a huge fan of Mario Strikers Charged and Mario Super Sluggers both, but I think I'd prefer another game with that expansive roster that the latter had. That said, I have to vote Baseball.

Though, if we could get another game like Toadstool Tour, I would be elated to have Mario Golf on the Switch...
I miss the Gamecube days, when they just threw Mario into every sport they could...

Option 1. We haven't had a Mario Golf home console title since the GameCube, so it would be nice to have one on the switch.

How do I pick only ONE option?

Out of these, Baseball is the most likely game Baby Luigi will appear in but freaking seriously, I'd like to see him playable in Golf and in Strikers. And I want a new sports game too. And a new sports collection.

So

I would like to see a new Mario sports entry come out in general, regardless of which series it's from.

Option 1 is the most realistic, in my opinion, and I've been thinking about what kind of Mario Golf game would come in the future. After World Tour, it makes me wonder what Nintendo would throw at the series should it ever come to the Switch.

i miss mario strikers. it needs to come back, but any mario sports game on the switch would be cool.

in other words, option 6

Ooo it's a tough call between Strikers and Baseball.
On one hand Strikers is hilariously violent.
On the other Baseball offers probably the biggest cast of playable characters in Mario history.

I agree with Baby Luigi, I'd love to see any sports series make their way to Switch, maybe even something new, though my head isn't really coming up with great ideas at the moment. That said, I did really enjoy Mario Strikers as a kid, so I'd love a new entry in that series. Maybe a baseball one, though it'd have to make its way over to the UK, unlike the last one

Would you like to see the Super Mario franchise cross over with more obscure properties?
  • Yes, I think Mario should have crossovers with as many properties as possible under any conditions.
  • Yes, but only if the project is controlled by Nintendo, and the Super Mario brand is altered as little as possible.
  • Yes, but only if the source material from both properties is respected, without taking too many liberties.
  • Yes, but I feel that the resulting product should have a unique spin on the properties crossing over to make it worthwhile.
  • Yes, but it should be limited to non-video game crossovers, to protect the Super Mario brand's core identity.
  • No, Super Mario should only cross over with major franchises.
  • No, the Super Mario franchise should not cross over with any properties, obscure or not.
  • I have no opinion on this matter.

We've had a few crossovers here and there, Itadaki Street, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition come to mind as some examples, but how do you feel about Mario crossing over with more obscure properties? Could it be a boon for these lesser known properties, or would it risk dragging Mario down?

As for myself, I'm all for crossovers with more obscure material, but it's important to me that crossover titles bring elements from both series together in a new, unique way. I don't want it to simply feel like some elements of one series have been copied and pasted into the other. That said, I'm all for option four.

It's time for a new poll! The holiday season has just recently passed, and the Poll Committee has come up with an interesting question in light of that fact. Mario is a popular series, but is it popular enough to gift Mario-themed presents around the holidays?

Have you exchanged Mario themed presents during the holidays?
  • Yes, I have both gifted as well as received Mario presents.
  • Yes, I have gifted Mario presents, but haven't received them.
  • Yes, I have received Mario presents, but haven't gifted them.
  • I haven't received or gifted Mario presents, but I've watched others do so.
  • No, I haven't exchanged Mario themed presents.
  • I haven't celebrated the holidays with presents.

Surprisingly enough, I have to go with option one! I've received a few token Mario gifts (including socks) from relatives, and, ah, this year, I bought my niece and nephews 3D All-Stars in hopes of hooking a new generation on classic Mario titles so I've done both.

Option 3. I have received Mario themed gifts, but I have never given one to anyone.

I have gifted and received Mario themed presents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back