Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
new poll!

Do you think Nintendo should continue making Classic Edition consoles?
  • Absolutely! I think they're a great idea.
  • Yes, but they should improve on them.
  • No, unless they rework them significantly.
  • Absolutely not. I think they're a terrible idea.
  • I have no opinion.

id say keep them coming as long as they make more than like 3 total

I think there is always room for improvements. For one, I think it would be a great idea if there is a dedicated button on the controller that allows the player to take them back to the game-select screen, like a Home button.

Thank you for reading.

No

I don't think it's a terrible idea, I just don't like the idea.

personally I don't care for them since most games can just be put on vc

I don't really have an opinion on them. There are too few. Though with these few, they don't look promising. Yet, they do for Nintendo if they have many multiples of just even one of them.

For this current poll, no, because it has been a miserable time getting those boxes of garbage every time they've been released.

Also, in a time of emulation offering a better service and cheap games that are a better bang for your buck, this thing can't compete with cheaper, better games out there.

I would have loved voting in the current poll, but the store was out of stock when I got there.

sorry for the lateness but new poll!

Mario Party: The Top 100 is coming out soon. How do you feel about the minigame selection?

*I think it's perfect.
*I like it, but it could be better.
*It's missing a lot of minigames I like.
*It's horrible.
*I have no opinion.

it doesnt have mpds which is the only mario party i really played so i hate this game

It's missing a lot of minigames I like, that's all I can say about it.

tfw I can't get it until end of January next year

EDIT: lol nevermind

TheFlameChomp said:
I have no opinion, as I'm only really familiar with the minigames from Mario Party 8.

This, plus MP9.

And why they didn't even bother to include any MPDS minigames, the game you would think they'd take minigames from for a compilation on the 3DS, is beyond me.

I haven't played any console Mario Party games. So, I have no opinion. Although, the game doesn't appeal to me, but that may be due to not a lot of people around in the first place, which is what Mario Party is all about. However, it is not the minigames that are causing this.

I haven't played it so I can't say, but I think it should've been a Switch game. The console Mario Party minigames are best multiplayer (even if I never experienced them that way) and handheld multiplayer is incredibly awkward to set up.

I basically voted for the option that it could have been better.

It's very easy to dismiss this game's (Mario Party: The Top 100) premise on the best 100 minigames because of a few minigames that are not up to par with the best games, but I am grateful for some of their choices. I know it's not easy to choose, and going for an online poll can only end badly, since there's no guarantee that those who voted would have been honest about their opinion, but they seem to have a good grasp on balancing the different types of minigames, from the Bowser ones, DK ones (though Mario Party 7 is the only game with them) and they even have a Boss minigame in the form of Mario Party 4's. Their effort in changing some minigames to meet the conventions of the current Mario games is, I would say, mixed-to-positive. On one hand, Mega Mushrooms made a whole lot of sense in Mush Pit/Toadstool Titan, the Thwomp faces on the Great Deflate is a nice touch and Bowser Jr. is a good replacement in The Final Battle, but on the other hand, it meant that some characters cannot be playable, such as Rocky Road's objective in fetching Toadette instead of a second Shy Guy, and the fact that Koopa Kid is not being able to appear. I mean the Koopa species kind of is exclusive, but it won't hurt to have some simple Koopa characters.

With that said, I think it could be better because some Mario Party games are underrepresented. Mario Party 10 in particular got the short end of the stick, along with 8. I also think that Mario Party 3 should replace The Beat Goes On with something else, while Mario Party 5 had a bit too many of them. Most certainly, Tug-o-War of Mario Party 1 could have been replaced with another minigame, and I think Crazy Cutter fits the bill. If a rotate-a-control-stick minigame has to be added, I would propose Pedal Power since its Single Player status makes it not required to rotate the control stick too fast.

Thank you for reading.

new poll!

Do you think it's time for a brand new Nintendo handheld system?

*Yes, it's time for the 3DS family to be replaced.
*No, the 3DS family still has much to give.
*No, Nintendo should focus on the Switch.
*I have no opinion.

as much as i like the 3ds its been almost 7 years and we need to move on, more switch games pls

I choose the second option, mainly because the 3DS has a few things the Switch doesn't: Two screens, touch screen (heard the Switch has one, but you can't use it while it's docked), clamshell design, easily fits in pocket, and 3D (of course). I don't think there's a problem with having both.

I like to think that, if Nintendo will go do another handheld system, they would take cues from the Mobile games and have some similarities with it. Namely, it would have a multi-touch screen of reasonable size and high resolution, with a Nintendo twist. Maybe something like controllers that could be contracted, or perhaps an integrated Nintendo Online system. One thing for sure: it would have compatibility with Switch games.

It's something I wouldn't mind seeing, but probably not in the near future, as in 2018.

Thank you for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back