Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holiday gift, hopefully.

Since there's a new poll up, I shall be the first to talk about it. Essentially, it's about Miiverse's imminent closure.

So the thing is, when I am able to view Miiverse on a website without an NNID set up, I am amazed by some people who can draw well on Miiverse. When I do use Miiverse, it's basically to take screenshots and comment on them because they were interesting to me. The game that I used Miiverse the most on was Paper Mario: Colour Splash, because that game is littered with interesting sights and things that feel good when I accomplished them (especially Roshambo matches).

Another game that I am pleased to use alongside Miiverse is Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, due in part to the fact that I don't feel alone in liking the game's presentation and how the characters act. Eggman pirouetting and Waluigi celebrating are really cool, personally speaking, and that's not mentioning the Gymnastics that every character does.

It's sad to see that Miiverse will not be available anymore (along with my Paper Mario posts), but it was fun while it lasted.

Thank you for reading.

How do you feel about Miiverse shutting down?
  • It was one of my favorite websites, and I'll miss it a lot.
  • It was a good website, and I'm sad to see it go.
  • I wasn't a fan of it, but it's still disappointing to see it close.
  • I don't mind its closure.
  • I did not enjoy the website, and I'm glad to see it go.
  • I never really used or interacted with Miiverse.

I picked option three.

I never really used or interacted with Miiverse. As such I don’t care.

Miiverse sucks

It wasn't the best, but it was all we had for an official Nintendo-centric social network. I'll miss it, but I hope Nintendo eventually replaces it with something better like a forum (hopefully something where Nintendo staff are more involved in the community to get a better understanding of what their fanbases want to see)

Kaito Momota said:
new poll!

When do you plan to get Super Mario Odyssey?
  • I've preordered it/I plan to get it on release day.
  • I plan to get it soon after release day.
  • I plan to get it before the holidays.
  • I plan to get it as a holiday gift.
  • I plan to get it after this year.
  • I'm not sure when I plan to get it.
  • I don't plan on getting it.

I have to wait until Christmas.

Mister Apple said:
How do you feel about Miiverse shutting down?
  • It was one of my favorite websites, and I'll miss it a lot.
  • It was a good website, and I'm sad to see it go.
  • I wasn't a fan of it, but it's still disappointing to see it close.
  • I don't mind its closure.
  • I did not enjoy the website, and I'm glad to see it go.
  • I never really used or interacted with Miiverse.

I wasn't really that fond of it during 2014 through mid-2016 since I found it a little intrusive and even somewhat immersion breaking for certain games at the time, but I grew to respect it a bit more during the tail end of it's lifespan. Despite what qualms with the platform, Miiverse has been genuinely helpful in the past and is the source of some truly amazing artwork.

If Nintendo does decide to take another crack at a social network thing down the road, I hope that they use this as a learning experience and be a bit more subtle with it's implementation.

King Antasma said:
but I hope Nintendo eventually replaces it with something better like a forum (hopefully something where Nintendo staff are more involved in the community to get a better understanding of what their fanbases want to see)
All I'm seeing is the negative implications of it

image gamefaqs as a whole, dkvine, and that recent post of someone wanting samantha kelly voicing peach in labor

When I think DKVine, I think "incredibly tenacious debates about subjects no one else cares", like the Roysten the Goldfish thing.

it's not like this forum is much much better :P

sorry for going awol last week, i wasn't able to handle it myself since i was at a concert :p
anyways new poll!

Would you like to see another Mario film?
*Yes, if it's a live-action film.
*Yes, if it's an animated film.
*Yes, I am fine with any type of movie.
*No.
*I don't have an opinion on this subject.

i'd wanna see it even if it's meme-tier like the smb movie

I've expressed interest in another animated Mario film many times before, considering the OVA seems to always get overshadowed by the live action film.

I voted for an animated film, which is par for the course since that's what many people picked. Essentially, Mario's whimsical settings and species makes an animated film work better.

Thank you for reading.

I'd only see it if it was an animated movie, and even then I'd be a bit hesitant.

Mario in TV show format works better than film format in my opinion. It adheres better to the loose "no canon and very little continuity" feel of the Mario universe, and Mario plots are too simple to be appropriate for film length.

I'd support a Mario film nevertheless only if it's animated or at least just the appropriate universe is animated if they're going to go with the ridiculous "Mario and friends do silly things in the real world" crap. Also, all important characters should be fully voiced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back