Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only seen 3 Illumination films (Despicable Me 1, The Lorax, Despicable Me 2) and enjoyed all of them. Minions are grossly overrated but otherwise Illumination is fine. I'm fine with it.

I have voted for "no opinion", meaning that I am neutral towards Illumination's involvement. While there are some other reputable animation studios, their involvement doesn't necessarily translate to a better Mario animated film, so I guess Illumination is a fine choice. Once they got involved though, Mario would have interacted with the trinity of hyper mascots: Happy (Happy Meal mascot), Rabbids and assuming that Illumination won't pass the chance, Minions.

Thank you for reading.

I recently re-watched Despicable Me 2, and Minions pretty much ruined the ending. It was actually a heartwarming scene until they started being... themselves and completely ruined the moment.

A cameo is fine if they insist but I really wish they didn't overshadow the actual main characters of these movies and I certainly hope they don't shove them into a Mario movie.

I don't think Illumination was a good choice, and wouldn't do the film justice.

It could've been worse, though... They could've picked the saps that animated Norm of the North.

Despite my initial reaction, I currently lean towards a neutral/passive stance on the matter given that we haven't see anything yet to say for sure.

new poll!

Which of these Mario games released in 2017 would you want most for the holidays?
  • Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Mario Sports Superstars
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Mario Party: The Top 100
  • None of these

i already have smo and mk8dx but i lowkey want to try the rabbids game so my vote goes to that

I already have all those except Mario + Rabbids, Mario Sports Superstars and Mario Party: The Top 100. (actually that means I have half of them lol)

Of those I don't have, Mario + Rabbids would probably be the priority. Mario Party also looks interesting but I hear its board gameplay is lacking, which is a shame.

Edit- you missed Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World which is on the poll, but my answer doesn't change.

Voted Odyssey and thankfully, the store from which I buy my games already has it so I can order it anytime.

Seeing as I already got Odyssey early, probably Superstar Saga DX or Mario+Rabbids.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I don't celebrate Christmas so it wouldn't be right for me to vote, but of the options presented here, it would be Mario + Rabbids. Reason being, that's the best game in the list that I am interested in. If I were to get that game, the next answer would have been Mario Party: The Top 100.

Thank you for reading.

None of these. I already have the games that I wanted in this list. But, other Nintendo games interest me.

new poll!

Super Mario Odyssey was nominated for Game of the Year 2017 at the Game Awards, but lost to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Do you agree with this result?
  • I fully agree. Breath of the Wild and the other nominees were more deserving than Super Mario Odyssey was.
  • I think Breath of the Wild deserved it more than Super Mario Odyssey, but SMO was still better than the other nominees.
  • I feel that Super Mario Odyssey deserved it more than Breath of the Wild, but I don't mind the result.
  • I feel that a different nominee deserved it more than Breath of the Wild, but I don't mind the result.
  • I strongly disagree. Super Mario Odyssey was the best nominee and definitely should've won the award.
  • I disagree with the result, but I feel a different nominee entirely should've won the award.
  • I have no opinion on the matter.

still salty about about odyssey not winning but i mean i GUESS nintendo still winning is fine so ill take it

also, friendly reminder that if you are interested in joining Poll Committee, please send Tucayo and I an application! details found here; https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38788.msg1980079#msg1980079

Super Mario Odyssey was amazing, but I think Breath of the Wild is just too incredible of a game to compare, so option two.

I think Breath of the Wild deserved it more than Super Mario Odyssey, but SMO was still better than the other nominees. Literally. If BOTW wasn't release the same year as SMO, SMO would have won against those other 3 games.

I think BOTW deserved it more than SMO, but I'm not sure whether the other three deserved it more than SMO or not (while still being less than BOTW). I guess I'll go with option two.

I can't really vote on this poll.

I think Breath of the Wild deserved it more than Super Mario Odyssey, and some contenders are better than Super Mario Odyssey, but not all of them. Persona 5 and Horizon: Zero Dawn I'd pick over Super Mario Odyssey but not PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back