Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want the 3DS replaced with anything even remotely similar to mobile devices. Those aren't made for gaming, gaming is just something extra they can do. Personally I think those kind of touch screens are horrible for gaming, this includes the Switch's touch screen but thankfully none of its games require it due to the dock. On one hand, due to the Switch's portability combined with console power, 3DS pales in comparison, but then again we could get another 3DS/DS line system that perhaps takes the power up to around Wii levels and could be the successor to both the 3DS and Wii U in regards to dual screen games. But please, keep the resistive touch screen. It's better for accuracy in gaming and for anything where you draw, and I feel that's more important than a few unnecessary mechanics multi-touch capacitive screens can bring.

But Nintendo already had a brand new handheld. It's called the Switch (/sarcasm)

For a 3DS successor, it should have a same small clamshell design with a dual screen. But with a higher, "not 240p" resolution (similar to smartphones).
Looking at the New 2DS XL, the top part resembles an iPhone.
New_Nintendo_2DS_XL_-_Front.png

I kinda want the 3DS to stick around a little longer, at least long enough for a Pokemon Ranger 4 and maybe a Partners in Time DX. But I'd also be open to a successor if it's backwards compatible with DS and 3DS games.

I'm happy with the 3DS and the games it's getting, but I guess I wouldn't object to a successor.

new poll!

Super Mario Odyssey has now been available for over a month. What are your thoughts on it?

*I think it is one of the best core Mario titles in the series.
*I think it is a great game, but not the best.
*I think it's an okay game.
*I don't think this game is good at all.
*I haven't seen enough of it to know.

it feels really new and immersive and i love it even if some of the moons are bull lol

It's one of the best games in the main franchise honestly. Mario has had a problem where lately it feels stale. It's not necessarily bad, but just not very surprising or memorable, often throwing something nostalgic so that people will remember "Hey look remember this". Odyssey manages to feel fresh, and each location is so fun to explore around in. Even when there are moments where it's like "Hey I remember that in _", it doesn't feel forced and feels like it serves a purpose.

My opinion on it has been a resounding "meh".

Alex95 said:
Haven't played it, but I really want to.

Same here.

I really want Christmas to come as quick as possible before everything gets spoiled to me. At least I kept any post-game, prologue or final boss related thing s away from me, so I’m good so far.

And yes, I think this game is great, end of story.

the game is great, but it's stretching it to say it's the best

I imagine that as a Mario fan, there's not much to like about Super Mario Odyssey since it's not that difficult. I am surprised by the relatively easy final challenge, but I suppose it's a blessing for those who need Assist Mode since there are several points where you can stop and get a breather. It might even be seen as a downgrade because coming from Super Mario 3D World, Mario is the only playable character once again, with a more limited multiplayer capability for the second player (Luigi does not even appear in this game, if you don't count the Costume).

However, I will admit that the focus on Mario is one of the game's strongest points, from giving Mario greater control on his moves, providing him with lots of costumes, and more importantly: provide Mario with a huge range of expressions! The combination of these things makes Super Mario Odyssey a game where taking pictures is a fun thing to do. Giving utility in Mario's cap also made this game a unique experience, from capturing things/enemies to making Mario able to move more freely, going back to previous games will take some getting used to. The best part of Mario Odyssey is how it stretches the horizon on what feels right for a Mario game, thanks to the different locales and locals that we got to see, and I don't think that Mario's even got to visit them all! It's definitely one of the best Mario games out there, not only for what it provides, but what it could potentially provide for future games (think of how Super Mario 64 is not considered impressive now, but its contribution made it one of the best games).

Thank you for reading.

Still haven't played it yet, gotta wait twenty-four more days.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

It’s okay I’m with ya buddy, and to be honest, I feel it coming faster than it seemed like at first.

Now that you think of it, 24 days is just 3 weeks and 3 days!

new poll!

Nintendo and Illumination Studios, the makers of the Despicable Me series, are currently working on a Mario movie together. Do you think Illumination is a good choice?
  • I think Illumination was the best choice for the film! I'm sure they'll do great on the movie.
  • Illumination was a good choice, but I think another studio could do it better.
  • I don't think Illumination was a good choice, and wouldn't do the film justice.
  • I think Illumination was the worst choice for the film. They'll end up making the movie terrible.
  • I have no opinion either way.

im hoping illumination can control themselves and not make the movie annoying and cringey like minions but im interested in what they can do with it still

As long as Illumination can stop rubbing the Minions into our faces for five seconds, I have hopes. The first Despicable Me I actually really liked, so they have potential.

I think Illumination is okay, but it could have gone to a better studio.

Alex95 said:
I have yet to actually see anything official on this, but regardless, Illumination is a good choice, though I do think there are better studios.
youre quite right that it hasn't been 100% confirmed, and i have adjusted the wording accordingly, my apologies. even so, its safe to say it's definitely a interesting rumor.

I think that, Minions aside, it can be great if it’s not "Princess captured, rescue, learn a life lesson along the way, kill Bowser, Live happily ever after."

I mean they’ve done good stuff, so my hopes are rather high, but not TOO high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back