Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
just put some fire emblem shirts or w/e in my local hot topic already godsdamnit

I just want some physical Ashley merch :s

Shygul said:
just put some fire emblem shirts or w/e in my local hot topic already godsdamnit
hell, do they even have Mario shirts there any more or am I going blind?

Princess Mario said:
Shygul said:
hell, do they even have Mario shirts there any more or am I going blind?
their actual stock varies a bit from store to store but i'm fairly certain I saw a Bowser shirt in there the other day

idk i love mario merch but i probably have to rely on custom ones.

like hell if i'm ever going to find a Baby Luigi shirt. i'm going to have to go custom, and i can't find a place that can exactly do that.

Yeah I don't think Nintendo really strays too far from what is the main focus of its reputation.

Even then, Baby Luigi is like, the past version of the secondary character of the most iconic franchise in video game history, so... yeah... I could've thought they would do more with him.

While there are quite a few ones, I think shirts are the things that I want most

New poll!

Do you think games should be announced long before its release date, or close to its release date?

1. I think games should only be revealed within six months of its release, or less.

2. I think games should be revealed within a year of it releasing at the latest.

3. I'm happy for games to be revealed more than a year before its release.

4. I don't mind when a game is revealed, as long as it has a concrete release date.

5. I don't mind when a game is announced as long as it has actual content within the announcement.

6. I don't have an opinion.

My pick is option 2.

I'll be fine with whenever Nintendo announces the games in relation to it being released. It would be nice if it had actual content when it is announced, but otherwise, I have nothing to say. It doesn't matter either, as people will still buy the game no matter when it is announced.

I'd take Option 2 too.

I have no problems with waiting for big games that will take time to launch. I also want there to be enough time to be able to drop enough trailers or infos.

I don't really mind when they announce it, what I care about is the content they announce.

I prefer that games are revealed six months in advance, although I could tolerate a year's period. This pretty much means that the game is more or less guaranteed to make it. One risk with revealing a game too early is that it could change a lot from what was revealed that it might alter the appeal of the first-revealed game. Worse - it could be cancelled and that would be far worse. Super Mario Maker 2 is a pretty good example since it's revealed this year, and it's coming out this month, and it's got a lot of additions that make it very appealing.

Thank you for reading.

I lean more towards option 2, I love watching each new gameplay trailer with new things to get excited about, and a year isn't too bad a wait.

New poll!

The E3 2019 Nintendo Direct has just aired. What was your favourite announcement/development?

1. The Hero DLC for Super Smash Bros.

2. Banjo-Kazooie DLC for Super Smash Bros.

3. Luigi's Mansion 3 information

4. Super Mario Maker 2 information

5. Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games

6. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

7. Animal Crossing: New Horizons

8. Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

9. Other

10. I wasn't interested by anything shown at E3.

8. Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

That was something that I didn't expected, but it was so satisfying!

Option 2...I have literally no history with Banjo, but I do know that he was the most highly requested third-party by far despite seeming like an impossibility. Just knowing how happy that made so many people make it an easy winner.

Luigi's Mansion 3 was pretty awesome as well, as was that sequel to Breath of the Wild. (Also, there was literally no new SMM2 info in the Direct so idk why it was in the poll).

Option 8.

BOTW 2.

That sounds so amazing man.

I also liked the Smash reveals, Luigi's Mansion 3 and we actually got to know a great deal about Three Houses and my fears about that game have been erased.

Banjo reveal was great and all but only now has my excitement for the BotW sequel started to sink in.

Bandana Waddle Dee said:
Luigi's Mansion 3 was pretty awesome as well, as was that sequel to Breath of the Wild. (Also, there was literally no new SMM2 info in the Direct so idk why it was in the poll).
yeah i think its kinda weird for it to be in the poll and not Three Houses which actually had a trailer

also BOTW2 was easily the best part of the direct and the only thing shown i'm really interested in (other than post time skip Dimitri)

I voted for the option that a lot of people wouldn't dream of picking: Mario & Sonic. The main thing is due to how I am not seeing a lot of love for those games, with the games tend to get chewed on for not having deep gameplay to sink one's teeth into and that the misguided direction for a crossover between two popular video game properties. I didn't expect that game to turn up, but I like what I am seeing:
- More characters are dressed in sports gear, whereas it was only the ladies that got the treatment. Seeing the men like Mario and Eggman dressed up in clothes other than their usual uniform is such a breath of fresh air.
- Flexible control scheme so you can choose the button output OR motion controls.
- The mysterious sprite-based gameplay that could possibly be a new mode.

The sad thing is that Miis haven't been properly displayed (although I am sure this is viewed as a good thing for many people here).

Thank you for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back