Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always with the dock, so Option 1.

I don't have a Switch, so I don't know who I play a Switch. But, if I did, it would probably be docked. But then again, it could just as easily be undocked.

New poll!

Which of the Mario side franchises do you prefer?

*Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country series, Donkey Kong Land series)
*Yoshi (Yoshi's Island series, Yoshi's Story )
*Wario (WarioWare series, Wario Land series)
*Luigi (Luigi's Mansion series, New Super Luigi U)

I prefer Yoshi, so I go with option 2.

I've played WarioWare Touched, and it was fun, but I honestly prefer the DKC games. I can honestly say that most of the DKC games are better then a lot of Mario games.

I've honestly only played a max of one game per series here. And usually not the most well-received ones (Yoshi Touch and Go, Wario Master of Disguise, etc). I enjoyed Wario Master of Disguise even if I've never beaten it. It does depend what counts and what doesn't too, like does Mario vs. Donkey Kong count for DK, or Diddy Kong Racing?

havent extensively played any of these series but DKCR was my fav of the ones i've done

The first three all happen to be characters I strongly dislike, so I go with the only character I like, Luigi, but I feel it's a massive cop-out lol.

but process of elimination for those three: I'd quickly rule out Yoshi for being just a bunch of amazingly average platformers; DK I barely played outside of DK64 (I'd certainly want to play the ones that star Diddy tho). That leaves me with Wario because I dabbled a bit on WarioWare. I know, funny how that ends.

Thor said:
new poll!

Do you plan to purchase the upcoming Nintendo Labo kits for the Switch?
*Yes, I plan to purchase both kits.
*I'll only buy the Variety Kit.
*I'll only buy the Robot Kit.
*I'd consider buying them in the future.
*No, I'm not interested.
*No, not at their current prices.
*I don't own a Nintendo Switch.

I'm going to wait for their price to drop a bit before looking into them.

Alex95 said:
What is your opinion on Wii U games that are ported to the Nintendo Switch?
*I think it's a great idea. Wii U games could be improved on and made more accessible to a wider audience.
*I like the idea, but new games have priority for me.
*Ported games only interest me if they have additional content to justify the purchase.
*I would prefer games from other consoles.
*I don't agree with the idea. Nintendo should only focus on creating new games.
*I do not have an opinion on this subject.

I'm okay with it, personally I'm hoping that the port Star Fox Zero over just so they can fix the control scheme.

Thor said:
new poll!

Do you prefer to play the Nintendo Switch with or without the dock?

*I prefer to play it on my TV with the dock.
*I prefer to play it detached from the dock.
*It depends on the game.
*I do not have a preference.
*I do not own a Nintendo Switch.

Kinda both, although I'm super paranoid about reinserting my Switch into it's dock because I'm worried that I might risk scratching the screen.

Mòrag said:
New poll!

Which of the Mario side franchises do you prefer?

*Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country series, Donkey Kong Land series)
*Yoshi (Yoshi's Island series, Yoshi's Story )
*Wario (WarioWare series, Wario Land series)
*Luigi (Luigi's Mansion series, New Super Luigi U)

All of the above.

In order of preference:
1) Donkey Kong - I voted for this because Donkey Kong's platformers are very intuitive and very different from Mario, and the distinct style happens to be all the wonderful
2) Yoshi - The games are cool and Yoshi is a very versatile character. The biggest disadvantage for Yoshi is the fact that, because he borrows a lot from Mario, he's not really his own set of games (even though Super Smash Bros. disagrees)
3) Wario - Although Wario Land is wonderful, I feel the absence of Waluigi in Wario's games made it felt emptier compared to the past. Unless the developers outline their reasons to exclude Waluigi, it couldn't be the second-favourite.
4) Luigi - I feel that besides Luigi's Mansion, Luigi is even more derivative from Mario, for Dr. Luigi is a Dr. Mario spin-off and Luigi U is Mario U's expansion levels. It's a shame there's yet to be an alternative mode in Luigi's Mansion where Mario and Luigi swap places: Mario must use the Poltergust to rescue Luigi in his painting prison from King Boo.

Thank you for reading.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game?
*More new and returning characters to the roster
*As many stages for the game as possible
*A story mode similar to the Subspace Emissary
*More minigames and side content
*More trophies and unlockables
*A major reworking of the game's formula
*Other
*I'm not interested in this game.

Everything above "a major reworking". That'd be cool probably, but not sure how I feel on that. Custom moves in SSB4 was a good step in that direction, so maybe if the moves worked like Palutena's or Mii's, we could have both a major reworking and the classic game.

I always love Melee's Adventure mode and Brawl's Subspace Emissary, so it would be really cool if SSB Switch could have a mode similar to those complete with all the flashy cutscenes and fan service-y moments.

"A major reworking of the game's formula" is far too vague of an option for me to consider it. I also find option two's wording a bit silly. I think we want pretty much everything as much as possible when it comes to a new Smash game.

At the moment, more characters is what I want the most. Return that with 8 player Smash and you got a deal.

Though playing with mods is when the game starts to get REALLY magical.

Story mode. Even if it's just Smash 4 with a story mode, I'd be totally okay with that. Seeing all of the Nintendo characters we have now interacting and cooperating with each other to fight bad guys again Avengers-style would be the best thing ever.

I know people had their issues with the Subspace Emissary, but if it got reworked so it wasn't fight enemies here, move on, fight enemies there, I think it'd be spectacular.

Subspace Emissary could also use a better Nintendo theme, with enemies and locations based off the series. That's another reason Adventure mode in Melee was better.

What do you most want to see in the upcoming Mario Tennis Aces?
*More playable characters.
*More tennis courts.
*More personality (i.e. Mario Power Tennis cutscenes).
*More side minigames.
*Something else.
*I'm not interested in Mario Tennis Aces.

There's a new poll, so I shall be the first to comment on it.

Everything here are sound improvements I would love to see, so what I would want to see the most is the personality front, which I think should be reignited after the fantastic Mario Power Tennis and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Thank you for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back