Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Poll Committee guy, I fully expect the Personality option to win out. Lack of soul is one of the biggest criticisms I see about the more recent Mario spinoffs.

i don't agree that mario spin-offs have a lack of """soul""" recently. they had significant content problems, not because they were devoid of any sort of personality.

i want more playable characters because baby luigi reasons

Personality and side minigames weren't really the selling points for Mario spin offs for me, so I more playable character is my option. Plus there are a couple of characters like Nabbit or E. Gadd that I'd like to see playable.

new poll!

What kind of news are you most excited to see from Nintendo at E3?
*I am most excited for new game announcements.
*I am most excited to see more details on Nintendo's known upcoming games.
*I am most excited to see more new ideas and gimmicks (ex. Nintendo Labo).
*I am eager for any and all news from Nintendo.
*I am not excited for anything from Nintendo.
*I do not pay attention to E3.

LOCALIZE MOTHER 3 ALREADY also any mario news?

new game announcements

Mostly Mario related info as usual. New announcements are usually more fun to speculate on (Partners in Time remake? Mario Kart 9? Or to get real delusional, Paper Mario: We're Sorry for the Last 2 Games??), but I definitely want to see more of the BIS remake and of course Smash Bros. And perhaps some last-minute reveals for Mario Tennis Aces, like hopefully Pauline.

Any new announcements from Nintendo is fine by me, but new game announcements are what I am most interested in, assuming that the new games aren't more Wii U ports (Wii ports and earlier, on the other hand, is OK since it's been at least two generations ago since it was released). Unfortunately I am kind of expecting an announcement or two on that front based on certain rumours.

Thank you for reading.

Personally, I'm more into the new info on announced games. The only real new announcements I'd be excited for are for series' that either had a very recent title, or an already announced one.

Barring a classic-style Paper Mario but lol

Which of these Mario series without a title on the Nintendo Switch would you like to see a new entry in?
*Mario Party
*Mario Golf
*New Super Mario Bros.
*Paper Mario
*Dr. Mario
*Mario vs. Donkey Kong
*Mario & Luigi
*Other

As much as I'd love a Switch Paper Mario, I want them to fix Mario Party first.

I went for Paper Mario. I just want to know how they're going to treat the series in the future; I mean, Colour Splash was good, but I wouldn't like another game to follow that formula.

Alex95 said:
Which of these Mario series without a title on the Nintendo Switch would you like to see a new entry in?
*Mario Party
*Mario Golf
*New Super Mario Bros.
*Paper Mario
*Dr. Mario
*Mario vs. Donkey Kong
*Mario & Luigi
*Other

As much as I'd love a Switch Paper Mario, I want them to fix Mario Party first.

Yes definitely! That would be great for them to make a MP on the switch but tbh I felt that the last couple were mediocre compared to the Mario Parties on the n64 and the GC! :'(

Mario Party, bro.

Mole Knight said:
I went for Paper Mario. I just want to know how they're going to treat the series in the future
I don't. After what Tanabe said about their future intentions with characters I'm almost scared of what the next one will be. I voted Mario & Luigi, as tired as some people may be of this series, it's more likely to deliver a quality Mario RPG on Switch than modern Paper "action-adventure genre" Mario, and a Switch entry will no doubt be enough of a graphical overhaul to feel fresh after 4 games with the Dream Team art style.

I'd also be interested in a Mario vs. Donkey Kong with the gameplay style from DK '94 and MvDK on GBA, but unfortunately that's probably even more hopeless than Paper Mario :/

A Paper Mario like one of the first three games (though that's not gonna happen), or even a Colour Splash with a different, better-designed battle system. Also maybe a New Super Mario Bros. that's actually new and creative, preferably with the hand-drawn art.

By order (I voted for number one):

1) Mario Party: This is the most important Mario subseries that is yet to receive a Switch entry, and given that it's the second year of the Nintendo Switch, I am expecting a new entry to be announced. Here's hoping that after Wii Party is resigned, Mario Party could absorb all the great ideas for Wii Party and make it the best ever package.
2) Mario Golf: The sport I prefer over Tennis, here's hoping that Mario Golf have a lot of what made every subsequent game great.
3) Dr. Mario: I love puzzle games but it's not my most anticipated one, namely because every entry in the Dr. Mario series tend to have rather conservative additions, with the exception of Dr. Luigi.
4) Mario vs Donkey Kong: It seems Minis are here to stay, and while I am OK with the Mini-styled gameplay, I hope that they could return to the DK-style platforming given that touch screen is not the only way to play Switch games this time around.
5) New Super Mario Bros.: Not a bad game by any means but I prefer a different take on 2D Mario
6) Paper Mario: It would be exciting to see what new territory Paper Mario decided to venture. There are several elements in Colour Splash that I like, so it would ideally not be all thrown out only because the game is deemed a negative development of the series.
7) Mario & Luigi: Compared to Paper Mario, I am not feeling Mario & Luigi because they tend to only use the titular characters, Peach and Bowser as the only recurring characters. The only way that I could be excited with the series again is if they get out of their comfort zone and either: a) have the other Mario characters like Daisy, Wario and Waluigi play a significant role in the game or 2) A villain and final boss that EXCLUDES Bowser.

If Mario Kart were to be an option, it would be between 2 and 3.

Thank you for reading.

It's funny you cite M&L as only having main characters because Paper Mario is the one that's been suffering from that much more :P Neither have used Wario/Waluigi yet but I'd honestly expect M&L to do that sooner than PM due to the Bros. thing. Even Luigi isn't usually a big factor in Paper Mario.

Fawful with a Monster in Peach's Castle said:
It's funny you cite M&L as only having main characters because Paper Mario is the one that's been suffering from that much more :P Neither have used Wario/Waluigi yet but I'd honestly expect M&L to do that sooner than PM due to the Bros. thing. Even Luigi isn't usually a big factor in Paper Mario.

Haha, yeah that's true. I would actually also prefer Paper Mario to expand their horizons on the character front too. However Paper Mario is above Mario & Luigi because their environments are absolutely gorgeous to look at and they never failed to make great use of paper. Another thing is that at least Paper Mario has the audacity to provide a different final boss so Bowser's not always the one for the role (though I wouldn't mind it if Bowser sits out of a Mario RPG game for once).

Thank you for reading.

I know it'll be unpopular, but out of all the series mentioned the one that I have the most experience in playing is New Super Mario Bros., so I went with that one.

I want them to finally make another good Mario Party. I also want to see a new 2D Mario, but it has to be new and creative and therefore probably shouldn't be in the NSMB series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back