Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Mcmadness said:
A more recent one, I didn't stop and look at the graffiti on the walls of the underground of new donk city till recently and it's amusing how many different ways and styles that a person can write the word "Bowser"
Welcome to the world of typography.

Is the one where Peach is constantly jumping next to a wall in Hyrule Temple one of them?

LeftyGreenMario said:
Is the one where Peach is constantly jumping next to a wall in Hyrule Temple one of them?

Not sure, but one example is Level 9 CPU Roy constantly self-destructing on Jungle Japes with the proper setup. This does not happen to level 8 Roys or lower.

Claire Dearing said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

Not sure, but one example is Level 9 CPU Roy constantly self-destructing on Jungle Japes with the proper setup. This does not happen to level 8 Roys or lower.

Fox can also do it, but will mysteriously break the loop after the 50th time.

You can mess up the whole Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time plot just by using the "Walk Through NPCs" and "Walk Through Walls" Action Replay codes.

I defeated the Elder Shrooboid while on level 15 doing that.

i just realized that bob-omb battlefield, cool cool mountain, and slider are all just variations of each other and im having an existential crisis

Nyrie said:
i just realized that bob-omb battlefield, cool cool mountain, and slider are all just variations of each other and im having an existential crisis
That's a common thing with Mario soundtracks. Just listen to Super Mario World or Super Mario Sunshine's soundtracks.

tbh I'm glad we have a bigger variety in our Mario soundtracks now than just the same tunes covered over and over and over.

While capturing a Moe-Eye in Mario Odyssey, if you stop walking and pay attention to the sound, you can hear the Moe-Eye humming the super Mario Bros theme.

I only recently noticed this (if you caught my edit yesterday) but Bowser's airship went through a few subtle changes between New Super Mario Bros U and Super Mario Odyssey.
Now I'm trying to remember what it looked like in Galaxy's opening sequence.

So. I noticed in reflection of the "nostalgia" for Mario Kart subtitles being "original" instead of numbers and ... I don't get it

Aside from Double Dash and Super Circuit, the titles are the basic type of game title for their platform

Super, 64, DS, Wii, even the Arcade games have well, Arcade in it's title.

Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8 are still dumb names.

better, I was thinking along the lines of "Metal Mario Shines" and "Morton Makes Salt" respectively tho

I think Mario + Rabbids might be one of few non-sports/Mario Party games where Peach does not get kidnapped at all.
If you only count RPGs, it might even be the only one.

Tangle The Lemur said:
So. I noticed in reflection of the "nostalgia" for Mario Kart subtitles being "original" instead of numbers and ... I don't get it

Aside from Double Dash and Super Circuit, the titles are the basic type of game title for their platform

Super, 64, DS, Wii, even the Arcade games have well, Arcade in it's title.
And Super Circuit is called Mario Kart Advance in Japan.

Years after Mario Kart 8's release and only NOW have I just noticed that a windmill has coins on the edges of the fan.

Not long ago, I realised that in Sunshine Airport, you can see the name of many tracks like Dolphin Shoals, Yoshi Valley, and Shy Guy Falls. You can also see Toad's artwork from Mario Party 8 next to a Sweet Sweet Canyon sign, and Peach's artwork from Mario Party 10 next to a Dry Dry Desert sign.

If you grab all 20 coins from the ? Space near the Trampoleaf in Windmillville in Mario Party 7, you'll get a 50 coin bonus.

Back