Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

I just noticed, aren't Pokios based on the green pheasant?

Pokio_Icon_SMO.png

1280px-Phasianus_versicolor_in_field.JPG

Phasianus_versicolor%28Male_female%29.jpg

if I recall correctly, their tails too are striped, just like the pheasant's.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Also I've known this for a while but didn't when I first played the game: in M&L: Dream Team when the Shelltops teach you the Bros. hammer moves, one says "I saw this in a movie once." Superstar Saga was shown as a movie and it's where those moves debuted.
That's actually a pretty clever fourth wall break.
Did not think of it like that.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I just noticed, aren't Pokios based on the green pheasant?

Imgs

if I recall correctly, their tails too are striped, just like the pheasant's.

Yeah, green pheasants are a symbol of Japan, now that is clear.

I always wondered why their tail was like that.

In Mario Sports Superstars, if you get a star character by tapping an amiibo Card, the star will not be shiny. However, if you get a Star Character through tournaments, the star will be shiny. The non-shiny star will become a shiny one once the final tournament is beaten with that character. And I thought Nintendo was trying to encourage amiibo Card purchases...

On the Omega version of Mario Circuit (Brawl) in Smash Wii U, you can see the normal version of the stage in the background towards the bottom.

I've noticed this for a long time but I'm going to bring it up in this thread

the babies and Toads in Mario Kart Double Dash have glitched kicking animations when they're holding an item that faces towards you (mushrooms, bananas, fake item boxes, etc). They still kick, but they kick in the opposite direction, so it looks like they're just body slamming with their backs.

i just noticed characters no longer react to the Blooper ink in MK8 Deluxe ...

i have so many emotions about this ...

For 1 side : It sucks and proves Nintendo's incompetency in porting games ...

For another : this is like in MKWii , but in that game they have an actual animation for it just don't have a voice clip ... meanwhile in Deluxe they dont react at all ...

and another: this makes it easier for me when Modding , when it's possible of course, because that means less voice clips.

im shook.

Honestly I never noticed that.

And if it took you so long to notice I don’t know why it matters so much to you, but opinions opinions.

In Mario Kart DS, they also grunt when getting hit by the ink but because it's on the DS, they have no animation for it.

actually the hurt animation plays in MKDS when the blooper inks you, just like in MKWii , but unlike Wii , MKDS has the character make the ''damage'' sound.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i just noticed characters no longer react to the Blooper ink in MK8 Deluxe ...

i have so many emotions about this ...
Just shows you how much of a bad item the Blooper is.

I’ve known this for a while, but some people don’t know this.

In *the Wii U Mario Tennis game that must not be named*, in Mega Ball Rally, the losing music will play at the end in single-player. However, in multiplayer, the victory music plays instead.

In Galaxy 1, Bowser shows he can retract his spikes! That's why he spins without problems when you hit him and doesn't just get stuck on the ground.

Another thing: you can also throw a star bit to a flower to gain a coin.

You can also counter Bowser's Spin attack by spinning yourself. I never risked doing it before, hence why I never noticed.

Nah you’re supposed to make him ground pound into the glass.

24029.png

I never realized the sphere's had little trees and Bowser towers on it till I saw this.

Well yeah they do now that you mention it.

Still, nice attention to detail.

I always thought they looked like they should be planets from Super Mario Galaxy.

Speaking of, Bowser actually changes size between his boss fights and the ending (maybe even around the time Mario captures him).

Bowser changes sizes like 3 or 4 times within the pre-final boss cutscene alone.

Back