Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

In Mario + Rabbids, even if an enemy unintentionally hits a Smasher, the latter will still chase after it.

The title of this game:

300px-DKC2.jpg

If you don't know what I didn't notice, basically I thought it was "Diddy Kong's Quest", but it's actually "Diddy's Kong Quest". (you know, conquest?)

Thank you for reading.

same thing here. pretty much a lot of us thought the game was "diddy kong's quest" rather than a pun that was rather hard to get.

In Super Mario Odyssey, after Mario lands a triple jump, he will open his arms wide like how he does it in Super Mario 64.

When I noticed this today I thought it was a very cute touch and felt happier playing the game for some reason.

I like how in Odyssey, Mario has three different long jump animations. Also, he spreads his arms out after one long jump, and if you jump when he's doing that, he looks nuts and even sticks his tongue out somewhat.

If you pass by a board event in MP6 while electrocuted by a Zap Orb (Orb Shop, Star Space etc.), the lightning effects will still be in effect

If you keep jumping on the Odyssey's globe, a music box rendition of the first half of "Jump Up, Super Star"'s chorus will play.

The team names you get in Mario Superstar Baseball are not random: They're based on the team composition.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/925314-mario-superstar-baseball/59848479

There is one generic name, one name for if the majority of the players match the captain category and two based on specific characters, usually centering around a theme (the Luigi Mansioneers, for example, consist of characters related to Luigi's Mansion i.e. Luigi, Toad, Bowser, Boo and King Boo). Doesn't seem to be always though, hence the Peach Princesses having the most unfitting name ever.

No wonder why the Wario team was always called the Steakheads, I always populated his team with slow and strong characters

I remember liking the Mario Fireballs the most (and I think it was the name of my childhood soccer team) but I keep getting Mario Heroes. :P

I didn't notice this until a Youtube video pointed it out, but Dry Bowser has a more distinct voice (or, voice effect at least) in some games than others.

Compare how he sounds here:

To here:

Also the Dr Bones in Winter Olympic Games apparently use Boo's laugh. Can't verify that one though.

ThatGuy62 said:
Also the Dry Bones in Winter Olympic Games apparently use Boo's laugh. Can't verify that one though.
I'm not sure if they do, but in Rio 2016 on 3DS it does sound as if they've used the wrong sound clip when you win the BMX with Dry Bones. I guess it's probably because the voice actor does both King Boo and Dry Bones.

Super Mario RPG's more detailed isometric sprites can also be rather confusing if you didn't look at the official art.
150px-Belome_SMRPG.png

For Belome, I thought that this is a creature that stood in all fours like a jaguar, but he's actually standing upright and has a big mouth, kind of like Pac-man.

180px-Dyna.jpg

For Dyna and Mite, I thought that there is just one character because I didn't notice Mite in the back of Dyna. That's why it was strange to me when there was supposedly one mole at the end of the tunnel, until I thought that Mite is carried around years later since I first seen the sprite.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
Super Mario RPG's more detailed isometric sprites can also be rather confusing if you didn't look at the official art.
150px-Belome_SMRPG.png

For Belome, I thought that this is a creature that stood in all fours like a jaguar, but he's actually standing upright and has a big mouth, kind of like Pac-man.

180px-Dyna.jpg

For Dyna and Mite, I thought that there is just one character because I didn't notice Mite in the back of Dyna. That's why it was strange to me when there was supposedly one mole at the end of the tunnel, until I thought that Mite is carried around years later since I first seen the sprite.

Thank you for reading.
Misinterpreting sprites is something everyone does, no biggie.
For example: It took me far longer than it should have to realize Vivian's curl was not a nose.

Koops said:
In Super Mario Odyssey, after Mario lands a triple jump, he will open his arms wide like how he does it in Super Mario 64.

When I noticed this today I thought it was a very cute touch and felt happier playing the game for some reason.
LeftyGreenMario said:
I like how in Odyssey, Mario has three different long jump animations. Also, he spreads his arms out after one long jump, and if you jump when he's doing that, he looks nuts and even sticks his tongue out somewhat.
Spreading arms out is actually Mario's fast running animation.

I figured because

it's the key to beating Far Side's Breakdown Road.

Bowser's Paper Jam sprite is actually subtly different from his Dream Team sprite. His cheeks are less chubby for example.

A more recent one, I didn't stop and look at the graffiti on the walls of the underground of new donk city till recently and it's amusing how many different ways and styles that a person can write the word "Bowser"

"Bowser" is probably a "sentence enhancer" in those parts.

Back