Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Refrigerator Kirby said:
Wow, who knew Nintendo actually kept track of the character's dominant arms?
But here's the weird part: I just went to check and found that this quirk is only in the artwork. In-game, he seems to use his right hand all the time.
Kind of an odd thing to do.

ThatGuy62 said:
Refrigerator Kirby said:
But here's the weird part: I just went to check and found that this quirk is only in the artwork. In-game, he seems to use his right hand all the time.
When we talk about wands and handedness, there's also this oddity:
PMCS_Larry_Idle_Wand_Animated.gif

PMCS_Larry_Casting.gif

if we had to judge from the artwork, we'd say that Larry is ambidextrous, anyway...

In Hotel Mario, there is a cutscene where Roy ran up a wall with Peach on his arms. The fact that Roy ran up the wall is strange, but I didn't make the connection where, Roy does indeed run up walls in Super Mario World in his boss fight. So Roy running up a wall isn't as strange as it seems!

Something I didn't know before is, in Super Mario RPG, Luigi might have only made a minor appearance in the credits, but he's prominently features in the manuals in the US and Japanese versions! Not sure about the European version, but Luigi's present in the game in some form besides the credits.

DLOGhCAW4AA9ksT.jpg

Thank you for reading.

ThatGuy62 said:
Refrigerator Kirby said:
And to add on to this, Lemmy is the only Koopaling between both Mario & Luigi games the Koopalings use their wands in to use his left hand for his wand.
https://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/97806/

WVW69kn6nGsr4HhZtI

Looking through Miiverse for old time sake, it turns out the Corrin amiibo does work with PAYWW, make senses since it was in the data, I would try to figure out if the others work but I can't find my copy

My sister misheard the same voice in Double Dash as "Take it easy!". I've always heard it as "Take-a this!" especially since in Double Dash, he also says "Take-a that!".

Trunks Mario said:
My sister misheard the same voice in Double Dash as "Take it easy!". I've always heard it as "Take-a this!" especially since in Double Dash, he also says "Take-a that!".
I also heard it as "Take it easy!"

infinite8 said:
I recently noticed that Mario said "Take-a this!" when using an item in Mario Kart DS. I previously misheard it as "Keketi!".

i can relate, though i knew he said Take-e-this later when listening to the voices closely.

One thing Yoshi's Island DS has going for it is that its main theme sounds similar to Claude Debussy's "The Girl With the Flaxen Hair".

In the Quotes page for Mario Kart 8, the characters are supposed to say something when their karts converts to anti-gravity mode, with "Wheels up" being the most common phrase. First of all, I never noticed this at all, and second of all, when I went to some tracks to hear them, I feel like I can barely hear them at all. I played with Mario and Waluigi to hear them, but it felt like the sound effect of the kart switching to anti-gravity mode is much louder than whatever they might be saying. I must have bad hearing because that phrase is figuratively deaf to my ears.

Which character is the loudest in saying their anti-gravity "magic words"?

Thank you for reading.

It's overall Mario Kart 8's problem with how they deal with the voices. I don't like it. I want to voice mod the game. I think someone like Baby Daisy's "Upsy Daisy" is the loudest, but that's my guess.

it also has to do with , and this is a little trivia for ya'll that the characters only say the ''Anti Gravity'' line one time. When they first pass throught it they will say it, however if you get another AG section later they wont they it anymore until the next race and so on.

Also has to do with the fact that MK8 voices, while terrible (i think we all can agree on this) , are very veeeeeeery quiet compared to MKWii and the way the game handles how the clips play is just bad.

In MKWii the voice in action would be cut short if for example the character hits someone with an item.

As in Rosalina saying ''Wooooooooo'' with a boost and if she hits someone and it still isn't over saying that long Woooooo then she will say her ''Nice'' quote , completely canceling the other sound.

In Mario Kart 8 , the oppossite happens. The sounds that the character makes when hitting someone are cancelled by any other sound.

Which, even if i know is kinda nitpicking, i really hate.

Boy I'm glad my favourite character barely says real words.

It would seem that Bowser's english capabilities are directly tied to how much of his plot is dedicated to making Peach his wife (M&L games notwithstanding).

ThatGuy62 said:
It would seem that Bowser's english capabilities are directly tied to how much of his plot is dedicated to making Peach his wife (M&L games notwithstanding).
I don't know, if I remember correctly in Odyssey he says ''Mario'', ''Peach'' and ''Adios''. If this is of any indication, vacations make him speak English, while marriage makes him speak Spanish.

If at the start of one of the missions in Toy Time Galaxy you enter first person view and look behind, you’ll see a toy train rolling in the air, and this toy train is the one that is used in another mission, but putting it out of sight was easier than completely remove it. Or at least that’s what I can assume.

Back