Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

During some of the in-between world cutscenes in 3D Land some of the hills have eyes.

This surprised me since I thought they were basically gone from modern Mario and they don't seem to appear in any of the actual levels.

The walls have eyes everywhere, watching your every move. You might not see them now, but they're here. And just when you think you're safe, you are being spied on.

The girls' biker outfits have heels.
596px-MK8_Rosalina_%28alt%29.png

That's why they're the same height in their biker outfits as they are in their dresses and heels.
76px-DaisyAwards1.gif
58px-DaisyBikeAwards1.gif

If you solve Ms. Mowz's trouble, she will let you keep the badge you got for her (it's initially treated as an important item). However if your badge inventory is full, she will acknowledge this and jump offscreen towards the shop, then return and say she's left it at the shop for you to pick up later.

I wasn't either, until I used a randomizer hack that turns every badge, item, Star Piece, Shine Sprite or coin into a random entity that can be any badge, item, Star Piece, Shine Sprite (these seem pretty rare though, I'm now in chapter 5 and haven't gotten a single one) or even a Crystal Star (which is useless since everything tied to them is scripted in the story). Thus, enemies that drop many coins suddenly drop many other things that include badges, by chapter 4 I hit the badge limit and had to start tossing them (thankfully, there were many Double Pains and Slow Gos and the like I could toss)

Also some of the Crystal Stars you get at the end of the chapter (except Chapter 2 for some reason) is a random badge or item, though it still counts as clearing the chapter and you get the special move. It just looks weird seeing random stuff spinning around Mario.

That sounds like an awesome playthrough.

In Mario Kart, or at least MKWii, you can escape a Blue Spiny Shell if you time a mushroom perfectly.

Tadaomi Karasuma said:
In Mario Kart, or at least MKWii, you can escape a Blue Spiny Shell if you time a mushroom perfectly.

You can also dodge a blue shell by doing this

The series logos in Brawl and SSB4 are animated

The series logo when you win in SSB4 is actually a 3D model.

• If you perform a trick when a POW block is used in Mario Kart Wii, the POW block will have no effect, and may occasionally blow up.
  • You probably know this one, but in Mario Kart Wii, if you shake the Wii remote you lessen the impact of the POW block.
  • You can go right around the pipe (Full 360o loop) in Koopa Cape in both Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7.

KOing your own teammate in SSB4 for Wii U's Classic mode gives you a copy of that teammate. If you use both of the same characters as teammates, one of them will be wearing an alternate costume.

For example, if you have two default Marios as your teammates, one of them will be wearing their Wario costume

The usage of leitmotifs in the various games. Seriously. I didn't realize the composers had thought that much about the songs they made for the games.

In MK8's Grumble Volcano, the flames on the ground caused by a crashing fireball won't hurt you if you drive very slowly through them.

I just realized recently that Fox makes a different noise when he picks up items in Super Smash Bros. 64. He also has a roll dodge noise in Smash Bros. 64.

That stuff is neat, why can't later games make more use of unique noises like that?

"recently"? I thought you known this for decades.

I knew it for decades, but I forgot all about it until I played Smash again.

And now I rediscovered it, I just don't understand why Fox, out of all characters, has a weird item pick-up noise compared to the rest.

Despite Isabelle being the only animal crossing character in MK8D who has a an in-game voice, she is one of few characters who have a digitally made voice, and thus doesn't have a voice actor.

Morton usually portrayed as holding his wand in his left hand (at least in artwork):

Koopalings7.jpg

NSMBwii_koopalings.png

Bowser_BowserJr_Koopalings_PDSMBE_intro2.png

PDSMBE-BowserandHisMinions-TeamImage.png

Bowser_BowserJr_Koopalings_PDSMBE_ci.png

The only exceptions appear to be his hammer in NSMBU and the RPGs (both Color Splash and Paper Jam, where he uses his right hand).

Wow, who knew Nintendo actually kept track of the character's dominant arms?

Back