Most Notable Mario Fanart? [Sourcing your images are encouraged]

c62e6ef508a62825b571fe7eb7cf539c.png

r3hfsxuhmd8txotsxrna.jpg

c0e.jpg

The image contains a reference to Paper Mario: Colour Splash, so if you dislike that game intensely, skip this spoiler. You have been warned.
paper_mario_color_splash_and_splatoon__inked_paper_by_rotommowtom-dand396.png

Thank you for reading.

If people are upset by the existence of Color Splash or anything related to Color Splash, I advise them to grow a spine and drink a nice Pi'i-latte.

Just post Color Splash fanart without the spoilers to piss them off. That's what I'd do.

paper_mario_color_splash_by_fluffyfluffx-dani5np.png

color_splash_by_mister_saturn-daly672.png

paint_pals_by_ultimatestudios-d9u6f61.png

Hey never thought anyone would reference Epic Mickey in their Color Splash fanart.

That's pretty cool seeing I consider Epic Mickey as one of the best Wii games out there.

Also, hating Color Splash because it's not like the "better" games is just wrong imo. Not that you can't, I just don't find any reason to hate it.

I'd also be happy posing next to a Russian protest symbol.

Princess Mario said:
hello_rubber_duck_by_angle_007-d67eqsr.jpg

<3 seeing this makes me happy <3

Although this is very likely based on Mario Party DS's Rubber Ducky Rodeo, the first thing that comes to mind is that weird scene from Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse where Mickey was shrunken and was chased by a floating rubber duck.

Thank you for reading.

The Consouls also make other similar jazz-style VGM covers.

I love the background piano.

As if anyone needed any proof of how much of a Yoshi dork I am. I just rediscovered this while waltzing through my Mario favorites on deviantart and made the dumbest "omg so cute" expression ever.

baby_yoshi__star_child_by_dermuda-d57vf12.png

Here's a funny piece of music, which seems to have a lot of dislikes on OCRemix but I find this funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7bn4xEvqI

Lyrics:
Code:
Dr. Mario:

Here we go!

I am Dr. Mario and I've the cure for you.
Just lay down on the table and we'll see what we can do.
It might hurt a little, but it's something you can bear.
You have been infected by a DYNAMITE PLEASURE CHAIR! So...

Nurse:

Dr. Mario is a doctor you can trust.
Give you lots of medicine,
So you don't combust.
So turn your head and cough. [cough]
Turn your head and cough. [cough]
Drop your pants and turn around
And turn your head and cough. [cough]

Dr. Mario:

You have creepy-crawlies living deep inside your spleen.
Dr. Mario will make all your insides clean.
My brother, Luigi, doesn't have his PhD,
So as far as doctors go, I guess you're stuck with me! So...

Nurse:

Dr. Mario is a doctor you can trust.
Give you lots of medicine,
So you don't combust.
So turn your head and cough. [cough]
Turn your head and cough. [cough]
Drop your pants and turn around
And turn your head and cough. [cough]

Dr. Mario:

Let's go!
Wa-ha!
Wa-hoo!
Waaaaa!

Woo!
Ha-ha!
Woo!
Game over

Game...
Over
Game...
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...

(Personal opinion of course, but I thought the nurse sounds like Waluigi)

Thank you for reading.

Meh, I don't like the part where the nurse is supposed to be singing. The nurse needs to hit those notes better.

I think people are just averse to vocals, which is pretty sad because that's one of the most shallow ways to dislike music.

yes, I unironically like this one

also want to hear rap overlaid on Battlerock / Dreadnaught because the London Olympic games version is just asking for it

Princess Mario said:
I think people are just averse to vocals, which is pretty sad because that's one of the most shallow ways to dislike music.

I recall the Lost in Thoughts All Alone (from Fire Emblem Fates) controversy where many people were going after the singer, Rena Strober. I don't remember the specific details, but apparently there were plenty of people hating on her voice. Speaking as someone who has difficulty hearing lyrics over music, I really liked the song and her voice was clear. Definitely one of the better things to come out of Fates, but I don't understand the hate she got.

You mean this song?

How the hell can anyone dislike this or Strober's voice? It sounds like a singer from one of the symphonic metal bands I enjoy, Krypteria or Nightwish.

Yeah, that one. I looked more into it, and it seems it wasn't just Strober, it was the voice acting community as a whole. Though the internet wasn't particularly happy with Rena's work, she wasn't the only one who got bashed. I don't know what was going on back in early 2016 as to why voice actors were getting criticized, though. There was a voice actor strike, but that occurred sometime after I heard of Rena Strober's criticism, with the strike happening in October 2016 and the news about Strober in Feburary 2016, though it seems like this strike has been building since 2015. At least according to Wikipedia.

Back