Most Notable Mario Fanart?

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
LeftyGreenMario said:
I think those fan arts of "beautiful" Peach or whatever look stupid.

My favorite art of Japanese-style Mario isn't even fan art, but here:

That kind of art style would work rather well for me.

Mister Wu

King Bowser
Wiki Patroller
J-Yoshi64 said:
These are some significant ones in my dA faves.
Since you brought up Ludwig's solo artwork, this one is also pretty popular

I have to say that I too quite like it.

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
The Masabowser one is interesting. I only noticed the artist's work once, but it struck me as notable because of the artist's passionate art of Bowser and his extended family. Even if I never saw his/her art again, it left an impression of me.

Similar things could be said with SigurdHosenfeld. He may have only drawn the Mario ladies, but his passionate artwork of them left quite an impression, and many others I am sure, since he's got quite a following.

TB100 said:
I see this one everywhere on the internet.
This is a very good example of a notable Mario fanart, because there are non-Mario parts of the internet that this image is shown. I thought it looked pretty good for being well-crafted, though it could be argued that it looks a bit creepy.

Thanks for reading.

LeftyGreenMario

Mushroom Kingdom's second greenest plumber
I'm a modeler and I can't argue about the crafting but Jesus Christ, tone the realism down six notches.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
I know that we're getting close to winter, but here's something summer related for Rosalina.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Luigi 64DD said:
What about Virtual Boy Wario Land?
Apparently he's out sick. And speaking of Wario related drawings...

And then there's the following solo Waluigi drawing...

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
This is just a quick rant but it always bugs me whenever I see a reverse gendered Mario and Luigi it's not actually a reverse gendered Mario and Luigi but just some generic sexy chicks wearing their clothes.

Anywho this is one I see floating around a lot on occasion.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
What tends to bug me are the drawings that pair Bowser and Rosalina together. Their relationship is heavily negative, and if they were playing baseball, their chemistry would be very bad too.

Mcmadness

MnSG said:
What tends to bug me are the drawings that pair Bowser and Rosalina together. Their relationship is heavily negative, and if they were playing baseball, their chemistry would be very bad too.
Bugs me as well since Bowser only has the hots for Peach and Bowser screws over Rosalina in both Galaxy 1 and 2, giving her no reason to like the guy at all.

Baby Luigi Rescuing Mario

*insert Shakira music here*
Mcmadness said:
This is just a quick rant but it always bugs me whenever I see a reverse gendered Mario and Luigi it's not actually a reverse gendered Mario and Luigi but just some generic sexy chicks wearing their clothes.
Because they always have to make females sexualized. Look at the entire existing of ---ing Shy Gal, who is just a sexualized version of a female Shy Guy, and if Nintendo ever designed a female Shy Guy, she wouldn't look like that at all.

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Mcmadness said:
here's one I found

TB100

Goomba
Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:
Because they always have to make females sexualized. Look at the entire existing of ---ing Shy Gal, who is just a sexualized version of a female Shy Guy, and if Nintendo ever designed a female Shy Guy, she wouldn't look like that at all.
I never liked the genderbent pictures of Mario and Luigi either. Seriously I can imagine the only difference between the two would be the lack of mustaches and the addition of breasts. I don't expect their general body size to change, nor do I see them having longer hair. (Plenty of woman have short hair.) And overalls are probably the most gender neutral wear I can think of. And that a male can wear overalls meant for a woman and it'll look mostly the same on them. (Though I don't know what the differences between them are as i'm a male and not a female.) Also, do the shy guys even have the concept of gender to begin with? Maybe it's just me, but they don't seem like the race that'll have specific genders to begin with. And while the term guy did had roots in the term being a male oriented term, it's definitely turned into more or less a gender neutral one in modern society and that guys or girls can call each other guys without it becoming awkward. So I can definitely imagine them either being a one gendered race (Ala the gerudo from the legend of Zelda or the Smurfs) or a completely genderless one.

And That's all I have to say.

Mcmadness

Baby Luigi said:
I don't think female shyguys would look any different. They look pretty gender neutral already.

Magikrazy said:
here's one I found
That's better, not perfect but much better.

Mcmadness

My point exactly.

TB100

Goomba
He's probably begging Mario for an appearance in the next Super Mario game.