Most Notable Mario Fanart? [Sourcing your images are encouraged]

LeftyGreenMario said:
this, by me

We're posting our own work?

C70jbIM.png

CizHwqN.png

I posted these earlier in a different thread, but here they are again. Simple pallet swaps of White Mage and Yoshi from Mario Sports Mix. I also have some others I'm saving for...the future.

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:
This is just a quick rant but it always bugs me whenever I see a reverse gendered Mario and Luigi it's not actually a reverse gendered Mario and Luigi but just some generic sexy chicks wearing their clothes.

Because they always have to make females sexualized. Look at the entire existing of ---ing Shy Gal, who is just a sexualized version of a female Shy Guy, and if Nintendo ever designed a female Shy Guy, she wouldn't look like that at all.

Another thing to keep in mind is that female characters with tiny nose depictions can often look a lot more appealing. The drawing below is one notable example.

rosalina_by_seed_less_watermelon-d5zd3ha.png

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:
This is just a quick rant but it always bugs me whenever I see a reverse gendered Mario and Luigi it's not actually a reverse gendered Mario and Luigi but just some generic sexy chicks wearing their clothes.

Because they always have to make females sexualized. Look at the entire existing of ---ing Shy Gal, who is just a sexualized version of a female Shy Guy, and if Nintendo ever designed a female Shy Guy, she wouldn't look like that at all.
I tend to dislike many fellow male fans for this reason.

King Koopa takes the spotlight!

super_smash_toons___bowser_by_pikachuandpichu106-d9s0aai.png

Magikrazy said:
What does that have to do with Shy Guy? He doesn't even have a nose.
:shy:

I was talking more about the female characters in general, and how they're depicted on the various drawings that exist.

I have never liked that design for Bowser.

Japanese don't seem to love it either.

Bowser_and_Mario_%28Japanese_take_on_American_portrayals%29.jpg

Mcmadness said:
Considering that most of the main cast, while they put their own thing, did resemble their game selves to some extent, Yeah DiC Bowser definitely stands out like a sore throat. (Especially when the Koopalings and Yoshi came in the later seasons, Which looked even more like their game selves.)

Mcmadness said:
It's the snout. It's more like something out of Dragon Tales.
Now I'm know it's not fanart specifically, but When It come to Mario fanartists, I find theBourgyman to be one of the most well known out there.
One of my favorites of his is this one, titled "You are not welcome here"
you_are_not_welcome_here_by_thebourgyman-d51z1yw.jpg

TB100 said:
When It come to Mario fanartists, I find theBourgyman to be one of the most well known out there.
I know right.

This is one of my favourite artworks by TheBourgyman.
iFAhLV8.jpg

TB100 said:
Seriously if there was ever a new Mario comic in the future, they need to hire this guy as the artist.
If Nintendo hires him to make official Mario comics, I bet he'll be doing The 3 Little Princesses reboot comic (or T3LP 2) for Nintendo to make his fancomic official.

Rosalina the school girl.

rosalina__school_girl__by_capnmelon-daics96.jpg

LeftyGreenMario said:
Japanese don't seem to love it either.

*image*

To add to this statement, Bowser's early depiction has always had hair, even though the hair was never present on his Super Mario Bros. sprite. Sometimes I even think that the DIC incarnation was based on Bowser's Super Mario Bros. sprite.

To add to this statement, Bowser's early depiction has always had hair, even though the hair was never present on his Super Mario Bros. sprite. Sometimes I even think that the DIC incarnation was based on Bowser's Super Mario Bros. sprite.
I remember reading that was excatly what happened. and was also why Peach had red hair as opposed to the blonde she normally wears.

TB100 said:
Seriously if there was ever a new Mario comic in the future, they need to hire this guy as the artist.

*sigh* Don't remind me.

archie_mario_concept__large.jpg

Also King Koopa from the cartoon is essentially King K.Rool before he was created.

Mcmadness said:
Also King Koopa from the cartoon is essentially King K.Rool before he was created.

That's more than likely coincidental, since K. Rool didn't make his debut until almost 3 years after the final Super Mario World episode aired. And speaking of our reptilian tyrant...

when_i_grow_up___king_k__rool_by_darkdiddykong-da51yar.png

Mcmadness said:
TB100 said:

*sigh* Don't remind me.

archie_mario_concept__large.jpg

What's really sad is that if Archie could've just waited a couple of more years, Nintendo would had most likely said yes to this. (Considering that they're now more open to using their IPs in other forms of media then they were back in 2013.)

Mcmadness said:
Wart if you don't like coincidences.

No, still K.Rool. The constant changing of names and persona's while still working in the koopa name, the emphasis on the letter K, the crown. Heck in one of the SMB3 episodes he even briefly wears a red cape.

I have no doubt it's a coincidence but boy it's quite a coincidence.

And maybe the diction if you want to stretch it.

TB100 said:
Mcmadness said:
Considering that most of the main cast, while they put their own thing, did resemble their game selves to some extent, Yeah DiC Bowser definitely stands out like a sore throat. (Especially when the Koopalings and Yoshi came in the later seasons, Which looked even more like their game selves.)
Larry Koopa would like to have a talk with you:

SMW
LarryKoopa2_SMB3.png

DiC cartoons
CheatsySMW.jpg

Since with the DiC cartoons I started viewing some SMW episodes, I had to exclude all the other possibilities before realizing that Cheatsy was Larry...

Back