Most Notable Mario Fanart? [Sourcing your images are encouraged]

Magikrazy said:
That might just be an animation error, as I've also seen Cheatsy with blue hair.

And then there's Kooky and his face color change. Animation during the 20th century has been known for its fair share of errors, and even today, such errors can still be found at times.

Mister Wu said:
TB100 said:
Mcmadness said:
I have never liked that design for Bowser.
Considering that most of the main cast, while they put their own thing, did resemble their game selves to some extent, Yeah DiC Bowser definitely stands out like a sore throat. (Especially when the Koopalings and Yoshi came in the later seasons, Which looked even more like their game selves.)
Larry Koopa would like to have a talk with you:

SMW
LarryKoopa2_SMB3.png

DiC cartoons
CheatsySMW.jpg

Since with the DiC cartoons I started viewing some SMW episodes, I had to exclude all the other possibilities before realizing that Cheatsy was Larry...
TBF, i did say "To some extent."
Also it's amazing how little the artstyle's changed over the years.
Mariopaintart1.PNG
Then
3DS_Mario.png
Now
Seriously aside from the height and the minor weight change, Mario almost looks exactly the same as he does now, 36 years later.

Magikrazy said:
That might just be an animation error, as I've also seen Cheatsy with blue hair.
To be more precise, in the SMB3 series he had blue hair, in the SMW series the hair were changed to green. This is why I mentioned the SMW series in the spoiler annd I used an artwork from SMW.

TB100 said:
TBF, i did say "To some extent."
Don't worry, it wasn't a reply against you, but rather a consideration that at the time DiC wasn't really looking at fidelity with the artwork of the characters, resulting in some depictions that were rather similar to the sprites, with Bowser not necessarily being an exception, in this case if you look at the sprite you'll see what I mean:

SMB3_Larry.png

Cheatsy was clearly based on the sprite, with the green color added later to match his SMB3 sprite (whose hair is colored green on the back side).

bleh I don't think there's a single epic-looking picture of a fiery Baby Luigi (unfortunately) so i'll just post this instead

classic_gensis_tails_meets_baby_kitsune_luigi_by_spongefox-d4jqfwg.jpg

mario_4_dead_by_kiipo-d3bb2si.jpg

the actual version has Peach and Rosalina's roles swapped, Link is the Spitter (not Birdo) and Bowser Jr. is the Hunter (not Koops), Diddy Kong is the Jockey (not Lakitu) and Toadette is a survivor. The only Toad that's there is Captain Toad, and the infected are Koopas and Goombas.

This is also found on some sites as well.

peach__rosalina__and_luma_near_macintosh_128k_by_pwwnd123-d96i3to.jpg

This is my sister's drawing that she drew for me based on my idea.

Alex95 said:
*Watches as thread slowly turns into the Peach and Rosalina fanart thread*
i tried finding a piece of daisy fanart to balance things out a bit, but the ones I've seen either don't really stand out or violate Rule 11.

or both

so i guess im forced to draw some daisy fanart myself

brb

mlpit__thanks_x3_by_carro_chan.jpg

grah is there any good baby luigi fanart that's not so disgustingly cute :3

i mean, i think that's impossible to make considering baby luigi is the cutest character ever

mario_bowser_by_warnerc.png

"If I need to know my enemies, I must dress like them!"

LeftyGreenMario said:
mario_bowser_by_warnerc.png

"If I need to know my enemies, I must dress like them!"

Well, the Bowser Suit exists.

Also, I always liked these types of images, where one character is wearing another character's clothes or a likeness of them.

They+need+to+make+a+mario+game+where+bowser+just+_99a23873dc23608d0264f07570c4fc8c.jpg

tumblr_mlcmb00lFS1qfb2xxo1_500.jpg

Baby Luigi said:
grah is there any good baby luigi fanart that's not so disgustingly cute :3
babies_by_brokenteapot.jpg

Alex95's post:
Ooo, Mario is so distracting in that one. I wonder why he's out there with Snake. But I can't keep my eyes off him. Also, I've seen that OOT pic before, but it makes little sense since... is Mario supposed to be Young Link here? Or is he going to put back the Master Sword, but it really looks like he's pulling it out of there. Wouldn't Mario look pret-ty much the same after 7 years?

I like this artist's style and funny grace face.
mario__evolution_by_natsilva.png

LeftyGreenMario said:

Portraying a cartoon, likable baby who never did that in the games he appeared in isn't something i'd call "good" fanart

but hey at least you succeeded in irritating me. want me to post fanart of realistic gritty mario?

poker_baby_by_nintendrawer.jpg

Back